• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flash player not in Firefox

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
Years
  • For some reason, when I try to download flash to upgrade it, it doesnt go into Firefox and I also have Opera and it fails to go in there. I need it to create a Yahoo avatar but it still tells me I don't have update of Flash.

How can I fix this? :<

(By the way, My operating System is still Windows XP. I don't have Vista and nor do I want it at the moment.)

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • when installing, you should have all browsers closed. try re-installing after a reboot and see if it takes then.

Years
  • I have had this same problem in the past wit h firefox, I managed to get it to work by uninstalling it and the IE add-on, closing firefox and then re-installing and then when trying it making sure no other add-ons like NoScript are blocking the flash player.

Years
  • For some reason, when I try to download flash to upgrade it, it doesnt go into Firefox and I also have Opera and it fails to go in there.[S-HIGHLIGHT] I need it to create a Yahoo avatar but it still tells me I don't have update of Flash.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

How can I fix this? :<

(By the way, My operating System is still Windows XP. I don't have Vista and nor do I want it at the moment.)
    Here's the problem. That particular site seems to dislike Flash Player installs on many computers. It actually seems to be the computer rather than the browser.

You can check if Flash (and Shockwave) is working properly here, at the Adobe Flash Player Test: LINK

My guess is that they refuse to recognise Adobe Flash, as Macromedia (The original creators) were purchased by Adobe earlier this year.

raging lion

Veteran Player
    Years
  • I think the problem is that you are installing Flash player (IE) try installing non-IE from here . This happened with me too.

Back