• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flip horizontally the battle back sprite

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    Sorry, it´s me again, but this time i ask for something simple (i think :P ) what i want is that in the battle scene, the sprite of my pokemon was the same as the enemy, i mean not using the "back sprite".
    I made that change, but as all can see in the image i attached, the sprite is looking to the wrong side :P. So ask how to change it, i know i should use something like sprite.mirror=true.

39Gamer

39Games
    Years
  • if you want it facing the back, you will need to get its proper backsprite image. you can get them from here:
    http://www.spriters-resource.com/

if it literally want it mirrored, use a photo editing program like paint.net, select it and flip it, most programs have a pre-flip option anyway :P

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • He is asking how to flip it over using scripting, not asking for backsprites or how to edit them.

Veget@, it should be as simple as mirroring the sprites with a syntax, but I'm really bad at RGSS, so let's hope someone more profficient shows up!

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    in def pbSendOut(battlerindex,pkmn) # Player sending out Pokémon

Code:
    @sprites["pokemon#{battlerindex}"].setPokemonBitmap(pkmn,true)
        sendout=PokeballPlayerSendOutAnimation.new(@sprites["pokemon#{battlerindex}"],
           @sprites,@battle.battlers[battlerindex],@battle.doublebattle)

Add this

Code:
     @sprites["pokemon#{battlerindex}"].mirror=true

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    IT worked!. 39Gamer i want this so it´s more easy to me to change each pokemon battleback(Now i dont need to change the houndred and houndred of pokemon :P ) AND in this way the game will use less space ;).

Thanks a lot venom12!

Back