• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flygon or Garchomp?

Which one do you prefer?

• Total voters

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
Years
  • Garchomp to the top. My 4th fav Pokemon and yet has better designs than Flygon and Flygon just has a dull design for me in my opinion.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    garchomp, flygon is more of a bug than a dragon. He also should be a fly type. Bad dessign. Garchomp has great stats and has a great design.

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    Garchomp is ugly, and imo, a "cloystermuk". Flygon on the other hand, while maybe not as strong, looks really unique and has an interesting design. It's like they tried to hard with Garchomp, trying to appeal to little boys who are obsessed with Transformers and like HARDCORE DRAGUNZ.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • i haven't used flygon in any of my games so I don't really know what its real power is. but from Garchomp's monstrosity and badass-ity, i would definitely go all the way for Garchomp.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I used to quite like Flygon. I don't like Trapinch much but I love Vibrava and by extension, its evolution (since I dislike leaving unevolved Pokémon on my team).

When Garchomp came along, I never paid it much mind, but when I was raising a Gible to fill out my Pokédex, I took quite a liking to it and now whenever I need a 6th on my team in Diamond (I typically only have 5 things), I grab my Garchomp from the box. :) It's really grown on me and I think I'd say it's one of my lesser favourites by now.

Ayselipera

While Garchomp is clearly stronger I have always and hopefully always will prefer Flygon over it.

First of all I don't care for Garchomp's concept. It's land shark/jet combination is awfully boring to look at. I think another big factor that turned me off towards Garchomp is its huge fan boy appeal. For a while you couldn't look up something Pokemon without coming across someone talking about how awesome Garchomp is. Really serious competitive players annoy me after a while. :)

Flygon on the other hand is one of those Pokemon that I consider to get decent attention, but not enough to annoy me to no end. I see it as one of the odd ball dragons because of Trapinch and Vibrava, and I really like it just because of that. It doesn't fit your cookie cutter dragon look, that meaning it doesn't look overly masculine. If anything it's always appeared to be a very feminine looking dragon, but maybe that's just me. I guess I enjoy its uniqueness the most while Garchomp is too much of the same old thing.

aglaya

Duchess of Heracross
    Years
  • Garchomp is stronger and sexier, and I just looove its colouring <3 I love Garchomp so much! (...Which is weird, because I don't like either Gible or Gabite.)

I have nothing against Flygon, though.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I've never had any of these two Pokémon in my team, I know they are both strong Pokémon though but I'll have to go with Flygon!

Dinaria

Eidos
    Years
  • Couldn't really pick ... xD Garchomp was one of very few pokémon I really liked from gen 4, and I had one on my team that I grew really attached to. On the other hand, I've always had a soft spot for Flygon, and one of my characters has one.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I like Flygon's design better but other than that and their ability differences, Garchomp is superior in every way and thus, Garchomp > Flygon.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Flygon looks cooler and it's a staple on my team, so it obviously gets my vote.

Garchomp is undeniably stronger, but I don't like its looks and I find Flygon easier to use. Better ability too (Levitate)

Hydreigon

R a w r
    Years
  • This isn't even close. Garchomp was crazy hyped before Gen IV for a reason, it's a killing machine. Flygon doesn't even compare in terms of raw power, all it can really do is revenge kill via a Choice Scarf. Garchomp can annihilate entire cities.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • Flygon is underrated, in my opinion. Garchomp, on the other hand, is severely overrated. Seriously. While it has good stats and a decent moveset, it's not quite as sensational as Flygon.

Back