• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Flying monotype

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2012
    So I'm doing a flying monotype challenge and I would like to know what other pokemon I should get. I have altaria, skarmory, swellow, and pelipper already

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Tropius is a Grass/Flying type and that would give it pretty good defence from most types, apart from perhaps Fire and Ice. Also, while it's not a bird as such, it still counts as a Flying type and Beautifly could be a nice alternative to your birds. :D

And there's Natu/Xatu, Crobat, the list goes on. :D

Safetyfirst

Chloe Moretz Fan
    Years
    Trillby's recommendations are pretty good.You can also think Rayquaza once you get it, or possibly a Salamence

Charizard3

Champion
    Years
    in sapphire, i actually did a fire mono type challengeand it wasnt easy. but, for flying, u should definitely try and get a raquaza those things pwn. also maybe u should get a crobat because they have really high speed.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    I personally find using a Legend in a Mono to be cheating :P.

To be honest, youdon't have many choices. Tropius / Salamence off the top of my head are the only 2 flying types. but it depends on the rulings. They might count flygon as a flier since he has wings. So I'm not exactly 100% sure.

Back