• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Focus Meter System [v20.1]

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.0.6)
    Moved all switches introduced by this plugin to Essentials Deluxe settings, for tidiness.

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.0.7)

• Refactored all of the code related to displaying Focus displays while in the Fight Menu, and moved it into this plugin instead of keeping it in Essentials Deluxe.

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.0.8)

• Updated midbattle triggers related to Focus to be compatible with the latest update to Essentials Deluxe.

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.0.9)

• Expanded the midbattle focus triggers for use with Essentials Deluxe.
      When using the "focus" trigger, you may now add the id of a specific style in all caps, such as "focusPASSIVE" or "focusACCURACY" to trigger only when those specific focus styles are used. Alternatively, you may add a species ID instead, such as "focusBULBASAUR" if you want to trigger only when that specific species uses its Focus.

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.1)

• Tweaked the midbattle triggers that check for Focus usage in a Deluxe battle.
    • Made it so that the following effects added by this plugin may now be edited in battle with the in-battle debug tools:
      • Focus Lock
      • Dampened Focus
      • Fully Focused
      • Focused Guard

Years
    • Seen today
    Minor Update (v1.1.1)
    **IMPORTANT** This update requires v1.2.5 of Essentials Deluxe to be installed. That update requires that you start a new game. **IMPORTANT**

• The following statistics are now tracked by the game, and can be accessed with the following scripts:
      • $stats.accuracy_focus_count: Tracks the total number of times the player has used Focus with a Pokemon in the Accuracy Style.
      • $stats.evasion_focus_count: Tracks the total number of times the player has used Focus with a Pokemon in the Evasion Style.
      • $stats.critical_focus_count: Tracks the total number of times the player has used Focus with a Pokemon in the Critical Hit Style.
      • $stats.potency_focus_count: Tracks the total number of times the player has used Focus with a Pokemon in the Potency Style.
      • $stats.passive_focus_count: Tracks the total number of times the player has used Focus with a Pokemon in the Passive Style.
      • $stats.enraged_focus_count: Tracks the total number of times Focus has been used against the player with a Pokemon in the Enraged Style.
      • $stats.total_focus_styles_changed: Tracks the total number of times the player has visited a Focus Tutor and changed a Pokemon's Focus Style.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    This is a really cool concept, and I am eager to try this out in my future projects.

Btw, while playtesting I noticed the following behaviors:

1. When I used a Focused Dodge I was able to correctly evade the move used against me on the turn I dodged, however at the end of the turn I still received the end-of-round damage from a Wrap used one turn prior (single battle). Is that behavior expected for this mechanic? I intuitively thought that activating the Focused Dodge would free the Pokemon from chip damage from contact moves, even if the contact move was used before the turn that the Focused Dodge is activated.

2. When fighting against a trainer, I used Whirlwind on the same turn that the opponent used a Focused Dodge. The opponent was still sent back to its Trainer, I'm guessing that it's because it doesn't rely on Accuracy? I initially thought it was meant to fail only for damaging moves that didn't check for Accuracy.

Years
    • Seen today
    This is a really cool concept, and I am eager to try this out in my future projects.

Btw, while playtesting I noticed the following behaviors:

1. When I used a Focused Dodge I was able to correctly evade the move used against me on the turn I dodged, however at the end of the turn I still received the end-of-round damage from a Wrap used one turn prior (single battle). Is that behavior expected for this mechanic? I intuitively thought that activating the Focused Dodge would free the Pokemon from chip damage from contact moves, even if the contact move was used before the turn that the Focused Dodge is activated.

2. When fighting against a trainer, I used Whirlwind on the same turn that the opponent used a Focused Dodge. The opponent was still sent back to its Trainer, I'm guessing that it's because it doesn't rely on Accuracy? I initially thought it was meant to fail only for damaging moves that didn't check for Accuracy.

All a Focused Dodge does is force the opponent's attack to miss. It doesn't have any other special properties than a normal miss does. Chip damage cannot miss, and moves that don't rely on accuracy cannot miss.

Years
    • Seen today
    ATTENTION! Final Update!
    With the release of Essentials v21, this will be the final update for the Focus Meter System for v20.1. Going forward I will instead be fully focused on v21, so I will no longer be updating or supporting this plugin. I intend to take a break before I even start thinking about how or when I'm going to start working on a v21 iteration of the plugin, so don't ask me about a time frame for release. I will keep this plugin available in the meantime. But this iteration of the plugin will eventually be removed once a v21 successor is released and takes its place. I will give fair warning before this happens, so don't panic.

See you all in v21!

Final Update (v1.1.2)

• Made various tweaks for better compatibility with the newest update to the Gen 9 Pack.
    • This is the final update for this plugin. Going forward, my focus will now be on adapting this plugin for v21.

Back