• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Focus Shift [PG+15] SU's Open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Danger Around Every Corner

The Aether Realm, a cold, desolate place where angels fear to tread and where nature has deserted. This was to be my fifth time this week that I was to travel to the Aether Realm, making preparations for the journey I was about to undertake. I sent out the Call (A message sent via the Aether Realm, goes to every Shifter who has been into the Aether Realm.) yesterday to anyone who would hear it, telling them to meet me at Mirage Island. With Amaterasu beside me I closed my eyes, falling into the deep meditative state that would allow me to successfully shift. Within minutes the pins and needles ravaged my body and the familiar, gut renching feel as if my soul was being pulled in two different directions came and went, replacing the warm, lively normal world with the cold, dead world that was the Aether Realm. Shivers ran down my spine as I opened my eyes and surveyed the great grey expanse that now lay before me. I looked at the settled Absol at my side, Amaterasu was purring loudly, her eyes closed as well and felt the warmth in my heart radiate outwards, our empathic link connected and our hearts now beat quietly in unison. I got to my feet as Amaterasu stopped purring and looked at me. We have been together since the days we were born, soul mates; we shared a bond many others knew not of. I could feel her tension and apprehension and countered it with my own feelings of adventure and easiness, being in this place under such conditions put her on edge, I don't blame her, many things had happened here between us, this place gave me the creeps as well.

"Let's go Amaterasu, it will take us a little while to get to Mirage Island from our current location."

Not so long ago I had learnt how communication within the Aether Realm worked. Since there was a lack of sound or noise here, verbal communication was a no go. In the Aether Realm, we can talk by projecting our thoughts forward, out through the frontal lobe to be precise, and out of our minds. We shifters then make and invisible mental link with whatever we direct the projected thought at which allows for communication to not only other humans but also to Pokémon. Pokémon-Human talk rests on and emotional level, since when I spoke to Amaterasu, she nodded her head and I got an inquisitive feel from her.

"We can't travel by the normal world, it would take far too long to get to Mirage Island that way and then we would most probably miss it, whereas here it resides for forever, and we can cover several metres in just a couple of steps.(about 5 metres to one normal step)"

Amaterasu seemed resilient to proceed on, but one the less she followed loyally by my side.

About halfway from Lillycove to Mirage Island I decided to take a break, even walking in the Aether Realm took much energy from us. I sat down on the bare ground and spread my writing utensils out before me, and begun recording any ideas I had on the realm.

"From what I know, there may be more realms than the two that are currently known about as well as this realm. Apart from the Normal Realm and the Distortion World and the Aether Realm, I believe that there is a dimension where the God Pokémon lie alongside the Unown. I think that the realm are like a stack of paper, each realm piled one atop another but all intersecting along the third or fourth dimension that makes them overlap each other, it's all confusing to think about much less comprehend. Several portals exist within the Human Realm that act like teleporters, which I believe that if we shift whilst being in them, can project us further through the Aether Realm, making travel to other regions easier. Cerulean Cave and the top of the Radio Tower in Kanto are ideal places since one is near death and the other is hallowed. Jhoto has the burnt tower, I believe the centre of the basement, in direct line up with Ho-oh's old roost provide and excellent way to enter through Jhoto. Hoenn has Mount Pyre, where ghosts and death are most alive and also Mirage Island whose location I believe is in the Aether Realm, only coming into the normal Realm on various occasions. And finally Sinnoh, which has to be atop Mount Coronet, where the portal to the Distortion World is weak as well as in the Fourth Lake of Sinnoh….."

Amaterasu's growl woke me from the writing trance I had placed myself in when. Our empathic link jumped to the front of my mind and I got the sense of danger and then a single word: "RUN!" I quickly grabbed all my stuff, sweeping it into my back pack and swivelling my head from left to right trying to find where in the endless grey expanse the danger was coming from. It was only when Amaterasu Roared into the sky did I think to look up, and there I saw the dark cloud, darker than black and ominous. When it broke apart I was momentarily surprised as this had never happened before in any of my encounters with it, it had always stayed together in one entity, even on that day a week ago when it had attacked me. The pieces stopped spreading apart and now angled in, aiming for us and raining down like miniature black missiles. When they got closer I noticed that they were ghost Pokémon of varying species, Pokémon that did not belong in this realm. Then I noticed the dark aura that covered them, Misdrevius, Haunter, Duskull, Gastly, every species of ghost Pokémon was pelting towards us.

"Amaterasu, Night Slash!" I yelled, but my empathic link already told Amaterasu of my intensions, the projected thought a reassurance of what I wanted her to do.
    Amaterasu lowered her front, backside in the air as the horn atop her head grew longer and sharper, and hummed steadily. When it stopped growing she launched herself into the air, flicking her head from left to right, releasing the energy pent up in her horn as an attack. She landed softly beside me and we watched as the Night Slash got closer to the centre of the flock, watching it slice through the majority of them.

But what happened was different to what we saw. At the last minute the ghost Pokémon had moved out of the way, and the Night Slash continued on through, dissipating several metres behind the flock.

"Normal Realm, shift!" I projected and we fell back into our reality, time ran more quickly now and we ended up splashing into the cold, violent ocean, kilometres east of Mount Pyre.

The turbulent water pushed us under and for a split second Amaterasu and I were dragged apart by the rocking waves but soon reunited again. We now clung desperately to each other, kicking frantically trying to keep afloat. The waves pushed us under again and again and soon my lungs were full of salt water, I was quickly becoming exhausted and knew that any moment now I would faint. We had at least made it halfway, we had been so close yet we were so far away. As my conscious began to fade and I blacked out a flare went up in the Aether Realm, and we sunk into the deep, dark sea.

((Okay, you can start your posts now, pretty much you will be doing something, anything and will hear the Call, then make your way to Mirage Island via anyway you want then you have the option of seeing my Flare. Happy RPingXD))

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    Name: Scepy James Hannbell

Appearance: Scepy, being the shortest of the family, while not the youngest, gets hand-me-downs. Almost all of his shirts are ripped and torn, and his pants have countless holes in them. Sometimes, Scepy wishes he was part of a rich family for this. At age 16, Scepy is considered a 'man' now and must take full responsibility for his actions.

He is 5 foot 2 inches tall and weighs around 105 pounds. The first thing noticed about him is his muscular appearance. Having to chase after runaway dogs and handle 3 younger siblings helped him, but he mainly works out to impress girls. He has short, messy, but good looking, blonde hair. Since his shirts are ripped, girls often notice his body first, though, before seeing his face. Scepy has blue eyes and is adored by the girls for that too. He never goes to malls because of the 'mob' that would follow him around once he got there.

Personality: Scepy is a bold, young man that likes adveture, when he can get it. He has his charms hidden inside his fierce looking outer-self. While not always showing it, his charms help him get through those girl 'mobs'. Scepy considers himself a nice person, and that's what most people think also. He is a selfless person, putting his friends first.

He is known as the most helpful and kind person in the small, rural village he lives in. He doesn't like all the extra treatment he gets for this though, but does it for his family. He gets free food, free haircuts, etc., for his actions, and his mother makes him take these gifts, even though Scepy hardly ever gets the any of the free food given to him. All in all, Scepy has a lovely personality.

History: Scepy's first visit to the Aether Realm was was on his 16th birthday. He went out to see Willi, when her eyes glowed and a flash of light blinded him. After waking up, he saw his long lost father and ran to him, only to find that it was just a mirage. Scepy and Willi now visit this place often.

When he was 10, and his father was still alive and well, Scepy was taken to the Iron Mine not far off his old ranch. His father owned the mine, but mining stopped after an attack by Mawiles. Scepy's father befriended a few of the Mawile tribe, including Willi's mother.

2 years after that, when Willi's mother had laid an egg, Scepy's father mysteriously disappeared. After the egg hatched, it was given to Scepy and was then named Willi, after his father, Will. Willi became Scepy's best friend and training partner then and is still helping Scepy to this day.

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
    Name:
    Rain Chrysalis Tesla

Appearance:

Body:

Rain is Caucasian, but as she loves to spend times outdoors she has a deep tan. Rain is somewhat tall, standing at 5'7, and is considerably strong, having traveled on foot for most of her life and spending a large quantity of time running outdoors with her houndoom, Snuff, and adventuring through the woods near her home. Rain's hair is a light brown with natural blonde highlights scattered throughout, basically straight, but with waves and small curls throughout, and falling to about the center of her back. While Rain is rather physically strong, she is not extremely thin-- she does in fact have a flat, muscular stomach, but it is padded with a bit of chub, and bordered by a pair of somewhat impressive love handles. Rain realizes she isn't the skinniest thing in the world, but she loves her legs, as they are long, slim and muscular; she feels they are the best thing about her besides her eyes, which are a beautiful light-blue. Rain's eyes are in fact the most prominent features on her body, thanks to their size and beauty, and are many times the first thing people see when looking at her.

Clothing:

Rain tries her best, but isn't what anyone would call a fashion-savvy person. Her usual get-up is a yellow one-piece dress that cinches around the middle, with jeans shorts beneath. In cooler weather she wears a jeans jacket over her dress, and trades out the jean shorts for skin-colored or white tights. She is always wearing a large pink heart-shaped pendant given to her by her father, which opens to reveal a watch inside. Her headband generally changes color depending on which one she can find for the day, but is always in her hair to hold it back from her face. Rain wears tennis shoes sometimes, but for the most part loves to travel around barefoot, leaving the shoes in nice condition. They are a light blue, with white laces, and Rain typically wears them with white ankle-socks or, in colder weather, tights.

Personality:
    Rain is content to be by herself, along with Snuff of course, and while this doesn't mean she cannot work with others, it does mean she would rather do things her way, and in a manner she knows will be successful. Her willingness to be and work on her own has led Rain to be a bit childish, having not properly developed emotionally through interactions with others. Because of this, when Rain gets upset, she can become almost alarmingly so, and it may take a moment for her to calm down. In addition to this, Rain's strong emotions lead her to be extremely driven in whatever she does, being the type of person to drop everything and run off to achieve a goal almost the moment it is conceived.

Despite her indifference to company, Rain feels a deep connection to nature, and loves to help others whenever they need it, especially pokemon. She is very polite, having grown up loving her parents and wanting to please them, especially her father. Rain and Snuff are extremely close, having been together from birth, and many times Rain will call Snuff, "Snuffles" – yet another indication of Rain's somewhat immature tendencies. She loves to daydream, read, and write, all somewhat typical habits of the social introvert, but more than anything Rain loves to sing. Lucky for her, so does Snuff, and it has been said throughout town that Rain and Snuff's singing can affect the emotions of those around them, as many a sad and discouraged worker has been cheered by the sound of Rain's lyrics and Snuff's melody drifting through the windows of the workplace. Making others happy with their singing is something both Rain and Snuff treasure being able to do, and Rain almost never places Snuff in a pokeball unless absolutely needed, since it's rather tough to talk to and sing with someone trapped inside a pokeball.

History:
    Rain grew up on the edge of Azalea town, a good ten minute walk into the surrounding woods. Snuff was with her from the moment she was born—a rather adorable accident. The nearby pokemon center had run out of room, and when a clutch of mystery eggs were delivered to the center about a week before Rain's own entrance into the world, they'd been transferred over to the hospital with the hopes they'd be kept under a careful eye. Snuff of course, couldn't stay put after finally hatching, and managed to duck out of his room under the radar of the surrounding nurses. The tiny houndour found himself pulled by the musical sound of a baby's screams, and meandered unseen down the hall, under the feet of passing nurses and doctors, into Rain's delivery room. After almost being stepped on a few times, he'd made his attention known with a long howl, imitating the pitch of Rain's cries exactly. Rain had quieted down and stared at him with her large blue eyes, gurgling a hello, and from that point on the two were inseparable.

Rain and Snuff loved to run through the woods surrounding their home, singing and making friends with all the wild pokemon. Those that didn't want to make friends were easily chased off by Snuff, but most were willing to sit and at least listen to the two. When Rain and Snuff both turned 12, they'd decided to start taking battling seriously, instead of simply just lolling around all the time, reading and eating snacks, and it was then they began to train religiously, running and practicing Snuff's attacks on inanimate targets. The two had trained long and hard before they'd felt ready to face Bugsy, the gym leader of Azalea, not wanting to fail on their first time. Of course, with about two years of training under their belts, as well as type advantage, they'd easily claimed the badge. It was only after this that Rain's father allowed them to journey out, and at age 15, both Rain and Snuff set off for parts unknown.

It was the beginning of their second week when the first visit occurred. Rain was feeling particularly homesick, and with her overactive emotions getting the best of her, she started to sing the saddest song she'd ever composed. Snuff, just as sad to be far from his home, joined in, howling at the moon with an odd, sad tenor. The two had felt something stir within them, and all at once all had fallen away, causing the two to lurch forward and collapse atop each other.

Rain had been startled to find Snuff cursing right along with her, and they'd spent a good amount of time chatting each other up and singing back and forth. The odd thing about it was they never once moved their mouths. When they finally looked around, they found their surroundings glowed with an odd beauty. The land and sky seemed to pulsate with a sort of gray brilliance. Rain could see their fire, but trying to touch it, she passed right though; the same for their sleeping bags and the trees surrounding them.

They decided pretty quickly that it'd been the strength of their emotion that had brought them to this place—they agreed that neither of them had ever put that much feeling into a song. Rain knew she couldn't feel that sad again, not now that she had been able to talk and sing with her soul mate, and so, Rain sang a song of pure joy. The notes tumbled from her mind with a sweet force, and as the pitch rose, Snuff joined to match it with his own deeper tenor. It wasn't something they were used to—singing in their minds. It seemed as though so much more emotion and depth rang through the notes, along with a more raw quality to the sound. They reached a tense crescendo, feeling joy burst forth into their notes, and all at once they were back in their camping spot, the morning light seeping through the surrounding trees, and the sound of their voices all at once coming from their open mouths.

The time spent after this was typical of that of most trainers. While the Aether Realm (Snuff and Rain called it the Walkie-Talkie Zone) was fun for talking and all, it really served no practical purpose the two could find. Whenever they felt the urge to go there, they would think strongly of a certain emotion, and sing with all their might. After the first time, it became easier for them to transfer over, perhaps because they could easily remember the feeling of falling away, and were somewhat eager to attain this level of emotional awareness once again. Each time, the songs of the two became more passionate and demanding, and it was with a certain joy they realized it was not becoming any more difficult for them.

They continued their journey up to Goldenrod, winning against Whitney, and then to Ecruteak, losing the first time against Morty, but winning the second time after a month of training and Snuff's gleeful evolution to a respectable-sized houndoom. Rain decided that the best course of action would be to travel through Violet City and play on the type advantage of Snuff over Falkner's birds. They won easily, and from there headed towards home to recharge. It had been a tough few months of training and fighting, and they were ready to stop and rest for a bit before heading out again.

In the Walkie-Talkie Zone, Rain and Snuff often daydreamed about what exactly the place they were in was all about. Sometimes they would go into towns in the WTZ, and would see shadows of people walking back and forth before the buildings. The buildings were almost see-through, something that played some funny games with the eyes of the two. Sometimes they could see pokemon—usually dull-gray pidgey and ratatta attempting to hide in the semi-invisible trees and bushes—but the creatures never approached them or reacted to their singing, and so Rain and Snuff decided that perhaps this place was the land of souls and the dead-- maybe a sort of limbo? They had all sorts of ideas, but nothing around them ever really answered or confirmed any of their theories, and so they continued to collect thoughts and ideas with no real point.

Rain and Snuff were almost home when they received the message. They were suspicious at first, but the thought of learning more about this mysterious world enticed the two, and with her usual determination, Rain decided to answer the call.

Catalyst:

Type:

Houndoom

Name:

Snuff

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Danger Around Every Corner

((This is the start of the RP.))

The Aether Realm, a cold, desolate place where angels fear to tread and where nature has deserted. This was to be my fifth time this week that I was to travel to the Aether Realm, making preparations for the journey I was about to undertake. I sent out the Call (A message sent via the Aether Realm, goes to every Shifter who has been into the Aether Realm.) yesterday to anyone who would hear it, telling them to meet me at Mirage Island. With Amaterasu beside me I closed my eyes, falling into the deep meditative state that would allow me to successfully shift. Within minutes the pins and needles ravaged my body and the familiar, gut renching feel as if my soul was being pulled in two different directions came and went, replacing the warm, lively normal world with the cold, dead world that was the Aether Realm. Shivers ran down my spine as I opened my eyes and surveyed the great grey expanse that now lay before me. I looked at the settled Absol at my side, Amaterasu was purring loudly, her eyes closed as well and felt the warmth in my heart radiate outwards, our empathic link connected and our hearts now beat quietly in unison. I got to my feet as Amaterasu stopped purring and looked at me. We have been together since the days we were born, soul mates; we shared a bond many others knew not of. I could feel her tension and apprehension and countered it with my own feelings of adventure and easiness, being in this place under such conditions put her on edge, I don't blame her, many things had happened here between us, this place gave me the creeps as well.

"Let's go Amaterasu, it will take us a little while to get to Mirage Island from our current location."

Not so long ago I had learnt how communication within the Aether Realm worked. Since there was a lack of sound or noise here, verbal communication was a no go. In the Aether Realm, we can talk by projecting our thoughts forward, out through the frontal lobe to be precise, and out of our minds. We shifters then make and invisible mental link with whatever we direct the projected thought at which allows for communication to not only other humans but also to Pokémon. Pokémon-Human talk rests on and emotional level, since when I spoke to Amaterasu, she nodded her head and I got an inquisitive feel from her.

"We can't travel by the normal world, it would take far too long to get to Mirage Island that way and then we would most probably miss it, whereas here it resides for forever, and we can cover several metres in just a couple of steps.(about 5 metres to one normal step)"

Amaterasu seemed resilient to proceed on, but one the less she followed loyally by my side.

About halfway from Lillycove to Mirage Island I decided to take a break, even walking in the Aether Realm took much energy from us. I sat down on the bare ground and spread my writing utensils out before me, and begun recording any ideas I had on the realm.

"From what I know, there may be more realms than the two that are currently known about as well as this realm. Apart from the Normal Realm and the Distortion World and the Aether Realm, I believe that there is a dimension where the God Pokémon lie alongside the Unown. I think that the realm are like a stack of paper, each realm piled one atop another but all intersecting along the third or fourth dimension that makes them overlap each other, it's all confusing to think about much less comprehend. Several portals exist within the Human Realm that act like teleporters, which I believe that if we shift whilst being in them, can project us further through the Aether Realm, making travel to other regions easier. Cerulean Cave and the top of the Radio Tower in Kanto are ideal places since one is near death and the other is hallowed. Jhoto has the burnt tower, I believe the centre of the basement, in direct line up with Ho-oh's old roost provide and excellent way to enter through Jhoto. Hoenn has Mount Pyre, where ghosts and death are most alive and also Mirage Island whose location I believe is in the Aether Realm, only coming into the normal Realm on various occasions. And finally Sinnoh, which has to be atop Mount Coronet, where the portal to the Distortion World is weak as well as in the Fourth Lake of Sinnoh….."

Amaterasu's growl woke me from the writing trance I had placed myself in when. Our empathic link jumped to the front of my mind and I got the sense of danger and then a single word: "RUN!" I quickly grabbed all my stuff, sweeping it into my back pack and swivelling my head from left to right trying to find where in the endless grey expanse the danger was coming from. It was only when Amaterasu Roared into the sky did I think to look up, and there I saw the dark cloud, darker than black and ominous. When it broke apart I was momentarily surprised as this had never happened before in any of my encounters with it, it had always stayed together in one entity, even on that day a week ago when it had attacked me. The pieces stopped spreading apart and now angled in, aiming for us and raining down like miniature black missiles. When they got closer I noticed that they were ghost Pokémon of varying species, Pokémon that did not belong in this realm. Then I noticed the dark aura that covered them, Misdrevius, Haunter, Duskull, Gastly, every species of ghost Pokémon was pelting towards us.

"Amaterasu, Night Slash!" I yelled, but my empathic link already told Amaterasu of my intensions, the projected thought a reassurance of what I wanted her to do.
    Amaterasu lowered her front, backside in the air as the horn atop her head grew longer and sharper, and hummed steadily. When it stopped growing she launched herself into the air, flicking her head from left to right, releasing the energy pent up in her horn as an attack. She landed softly beside me and we watched as the Night Slash got closer to the centre of the flock, watching it slice through the majority of them.

But what happened was different to what we saw. At the last minute the ghost Pokémon had moved out of the way, and the Night Slash continued on through, dissipating several metres behind the flock.

"Normal Realm, shift!" I projected and we fell back into our reality, time ran more quickly now and we ended up splashing into the cold, violent ocean, kilometres east of Mount Pyre.

The turbulent water pushed us under and for a split second Amaterasu and I were dragged apart by the rocking waves but soon reunited again. We now clung desperately to each other, kicking frantically trying to keep afloat. The waves pushed us under again and again and soon my lungs were full of salt water, I was quickly becoming exhausted and knew that any moment now I would faint. We had at least made it halfway, we had been so close yet we were so far away. As my conscious began to fade and I blacked out a flare went up in the Aether Realm, and we sunk into the deep, dark sea.

((Okay, you can start your posts now, pretty much you will be doing something, anything and will hear the Call, then make your way to Mirage Island via anyway you want then you have the option of seeing my Flare. Happy RPingXD))

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
    While the sun set on the horizon, Hanna set her equipment up with Hades by her side. He held the strap of her camera gently between his teeth while she spread out a blanket and assembled a video camera tripod. Atop it she screwed her state of the art video camera in the direction of the clearing just beyond the bushes she'd chosen to hide in. She didn't have much time; wild Houndoom and Houndour were almost entirely nocturnal, and she had a limited window of time before the pack she had been watching came through here. After the first few days she had decided to name them the Dusk Pack, seeing as they came out almost exactly when the sun slipped behind the trees too far to be seen. Hanna had perhaps five minutes before this happened, and if she made too much noise they could get frightened, or worse, turn on her. That was why Hades was there, besides companionship; if they went after her she didn't want to be caught without any sort of protection. With Hades' help she might be able to get away without too much injury. As much as she loved these Pokemon, it was no secret that they were incredibly dangerous and aggressive.

Just as she finished setting the video camera up and she took the camera from Hades' jaws, the alpha male Houndoom entered the clearing with his mate by his side. After he determined it to be safe he let out a rough bark. Quickly the rest of the pack filed in behind him. The troupe consisted of members of all ages and both stages of evolution. As quietly as she could, Hanna turned the video camera on and began to film. To her joy, she realized that Deanna, the alpha female, was rather large around the middle. There was no question; she was pregnant with her first litter of the year. The sight caused a smile to curve Hanna's lips. A new litter of Houndour was a rare thing to film. Perhaps she would be able to be one of the lucky few who managed to capture footage.

Then images began to flash through her mind; she saw the Aether Realm, Mirage Island, and felt an urge to go there. When she came to, Hades was watching her carefully with a cautionary stare. His eye warned her to remain silent; despite the mental Call she had just experienced, there was still a pack of wild, very feral Pokemon nearby, and they would not hesitate to attack if they felt threatened. Especially with their alpha female pregnant, they would be true hellhounds. Hanna nodded subtly to let him know that she was alright, and silence would not be too much to ask.

Despite the incredible urge she felt to go to Hoenn, Hanna stayed there and continued to film, snap pictures, and take notes for the entire duration of the Dusk Pack's time in the clearing. Though she could go ahead and leave without too much danger, this would be her life's work, and she couldn't just abandon it. After several hours the pack followed their alpha male back into the forest, off to do whatever else Houndour and Houndoom did in their spare time. When they were gone Hanna let out a sigh of relief and stretched her limbs, glad to be able to move freely again.

"This was a productive night," she said to Hades. He whuffed an agreement and slipped the strap of the camera over his head, so that it rested on his chest. "It's already eleven, they stayed in the clearing for longer than usual tonight. I know we need rest, but I also know you felt the Call, too. I don't know why, but we're needed at Mirage Island in Hoenn. We'll go home for a few hours, then catch a flight to Slateport. From there we can take a boat. The whole trip should take no more than twelve hours."

Hades groaned and raised an eyebrow, as if to say 'No more than twelve hours, hm? You say that like it is no more than a moment.' Hanna laughed aloud and stroked the soft fur between his horns. "I know, I know. It's a long time. But as much as we don't like it, that won't make it go any faster." He sighed and nodded, letting her know that he agreed. "Thank you, sweetheart. I know you don't like rushing headlong into things without knowing what's going on first, but we have a responsibility."

It took another hour for Hanna and Hades to get themselves and all of the equipment back home. When they finally did arrive Hades padded immediately into Hanna's room and jumped onto her bed, where he was asleep within seconds. Her night was not over so quickly, however. She removed the film from her video camera, placed it in a canister, and labeled it with the date, what time she began and finished filming, and the name of the particular pack it involved. She then filed it with the other films she had of the Dusk Pack. Her camera, she attached to her computer with a wire and printed out all of the pictures. Like the film, she labeled it with the date, time, and the name of the Pack. The pictures went into plastic coverings in a binder labeled '2010.' Finally, she was completely finished. Yawning, she stumbled into her room and climbed into bed. It still took her several minutes to gain the ability to sleep; her mind was reeling with the Call, and what she had found with the pack today. Still, she was exhausted, and soon she slipped into darkness.

Hanna awoke in the morning to Hades poking her with his tail. She knew the feeling well, as he often roused her this way when he decided that she had been asleep long enough. With a groan, she sat up slowly. "Sweetheart, you've been asleep far longer than I have. Do I have to get up now?" He barked an affirmative and jumped down from the bed. The look he gave her from his one eye told her that yes; she did have to, and there was no arguing.

A slow morning found her boarding a flight to Slateport three hours later than originally intended. Hades gave her the most malicious glare when he was told he had to be contained within a ball while on the plane, but Hanna was used to looks like that. It was his hellish tendencies shining through, when things like that happened. He would be fine for a two hour flight, she was sure. To pass the time she paid some attention to the in-flight movie. It appeared to be an attempt at a crime flick. There was a Sableye crime boss with a mafia surrounding him. The Pokemon had been trained to lip sync with human actors, making it a movie that required only Pokemon on screen. Hades wouldn't have liked it; Hanna had discovered when he was a puppy that television bothered him. He disliked that he could see what was happening, but that it was not real, and even if it was he could have no contact with it. As far as he was concerned, things should either be real or false, with no grey area.

The rest of her travel passed in a bit of a blur. The plane touched down in Slateport, where she released Hades and caught a boat out to Pacifidlog. That was the little town closest to Mirage Island -- that is, when Mirage Island was visible. Why it only sometime seemed to exist, Hanna did not know, but today that fact aggravated her. There was no sign of the island on the horizon. Standing on the log bridges that connected the floating platforms with houses on them, she crossed her arms and bit her lip. How was this supposed to work?

"What are we to do now?" she said more to herself than to Hades. He whuffed at her and shifted them into the Aether Realm. Hanna felt the familiar prickling sensation along her entire body as she was wrenched from her world into the surreal Realm. To her surprise, however, Mirage Island was now visible. She smiled excitedly and looked down at Hades. "Hah, there it is! I don't know why we can see it here, but not there. It doesn't really matter, though, does it? Now we just need to figure out how we're going to get there."

Hades led the way to one of the wooden platforms and gestured to a boat tied to the pier. "This is how. I would help you row, but as you know, I do not possess arms."

Hanna smiled encouragingly. "It's alright, I know. Maybe you could keep watch for Aether ghouls." They shared a laugh, but neither of them voiced the chill that ran down their bodies at the implications. They had joked about things like this before, and this was the first time it had affected them so. Why that was they did not know, but neither of them wanted to dwell on it.

By the time the little boat carried them to Mirage Island, Hanna's arms were burning with exertion. She climbed up onto land with a groan of relief and tied the boat to a tree near the shore. Hades covered the distance from the boat to the shore in one decisive leap. Now that they were at their destination, they glanced around, only to discover that they were alone.

"There's no one here," Hanna said unnecessarily. Hades grunted in acknowledgement and led the way further into the island's interior in search of the one who had issued the call. "I will be most displeased if no one makes an appearance soon," he commented. "We did not take time from our daily life to answer a false call to nothing."

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
    Snuff and Rain were avid fans of the practice of rolling around in beds of clover. It was one of their very favorite things in the world to do. Clover felt really good against skin and fur-- cool and natural and altogether exhilarating. The two had made a habit of doing this whenever they finished a workout, and this time was no different. They were on route 32, having just finished a workout before the final leg of their journey home to Azalea, and a patch of clover near the water was calling their name.

"Oh yea!" Rain sighed, splaying out in the dark green clover, "This is just what I needed." Snuff rolled his eyes, but dove right in as well, his giant paws flipping upward and flopping about as he dug his back into the fresh clover.

They were both in mid-roll when the call hit them. They both jerked involuntarily, and Rain let out a little shriek as Snuff fell to his side, momentarily stunned. When the instant had passed, Rain turned to face Snuff with wonder in her eyes.

"What was that?" she said quietly, not really expecting an audible answer from her mute companion, "You felt that too right?"

Snuff nodded, his horns ripping up clumps of clover beneath him. His eyes were almost as wide as Rain's, and his tongue darted out quickly to run over his muzzle. With a whine, he began to sit up. Rain followed, picking clover from her hair and attempting to asses the situation as best she could.

"There's no mistaking what that was," she thought aloud, looking first at Snuff, then at the sky, "someone in the Walkie-Talkie Zone needs our help, and fast. The question is," with this she looked back at Snuff with a worried expression, "who? And more importantly, should we help them?"

But as soon as she'd said the words, Rain knew they needed to help whoever-- or whatever-- it was that needed their aid. If they'd been desperate enough to send out a signal, then it was she and Snuff's responsibility to help.

"Snuff," she said, slowly standing before continuing, "we have to go to this Mirage Island. You agree right?"

The houndoom jumped to it's feet, giving a quick nod and a, "doom!"

"Alright then!" Rain cried, suddenly excited, "No time like the present." This was their chance to help someone, and she was more than up for it. She grabbed up her bag, brushing the last of the clover off her butt. Snuff shook himself and came up next to Rain, his head lowering, then raising again to bring her hand up with it. They stood there a moment, looking rather epic, before Rain realized a rather important flaw in their plan.

"Uh, Snuff... do you know how to get to Mirage Island?"

Rain knew about Mirage Island from old stories-- who hadn't heard of the magical island as a child?-- but her knowledge of the geography of the world was rather stunted, and if ever she'd been asked to point out Hoenn on a map, she would have been just as likely to point to Sinnoh. After talking it over (well, Rain talking, Snuff simply giving her a nod here or there) the duo decided to go ask Rain's dad about where to go.

They were close to home, and while the idea of leaving so soon after getting there was upsetting, Rain and Snuff were eager to get to whoever it was that had sent out this call; it continued to tickle the back of their minds long after the initial insemination into their thoughts. It was about two hours of power walking before they'd reached Azalea, and the sun was long gone behind the rolling hills and trees of the forests. Rain's dad was happy to see them, but a bit depressed to hear they had urgent business in Hoenn, more specifically at Mirage Island.

"But couldn't you stay for just tonight? It's already dark! And your mother won't be home until the day after tomorrow."

"No Dad," Rain said, just as sad to have to go as her father was to see them leave, "I just need directions, and we can head out."

Rain's dad was disheartened, but willingly revealed to the two that he truly had no idea how to get to Hoenn from where they currently stood. However, after some polite pleading, and a bit of an over-zealous emotional tantrum of sorts from Rain, he revealed that by rather good coincidence, a new family had moved in down the road during Rain's travels. It turned out they owned a kadabra, and Rain's dad reluctantly told her that they'd offered to Transport him anywhere he may need to go in a pinch. While he was sure they hadn't really meant out-of-region Transport, he was willing to go ask, if it would calm Rain down.

They'd gone together, and the family had informed them they'd be happy to offer their services to Rain, as Rain's father had been very kind in helping them to settle in when they'd first come to town. However, their son was out with the kadabra, having had business in Goldenrod, and he would not be returning until the next day.

With a grin, Rain's father dragged her home, stuffing delicious smelling food in front of her and forcing her to talk of their travels. He oohed and aahed over her badges, and was thrilled to see Snuff had evolved into such a handsome houndoom. It was a good three or four hours before he allowed Rain and Snuff to drag themselves off to bed.

It was odd being in a bed, as opposed to in a sleeping bag, or just in the grass. Snuff curled up at the end, dozing off almost immediately and growling passively in his sleep. Rain lay awake for a bit, staring at the ceiling and wondering how all this time they'd never met another human in the wasteland that was the Walkie-Talkie Zone. Now that she thought about it, they'd never really met danger of any sort in the Zone either. What was it that could be so bad, someone would send out some sort of signal like they'd felt earlier that day?

The next day passed rather slowly, with Rain's father forcing her to eat a home-cooked breakfast and stay around the house until lunch. Rain took the remaining time to take a hot bath, and even managed to scrub Snuff off a little before he ran off-- water was not something he tolerated, even from Rain. He did however, sit outside the bathroom door and howl along with her as she sang a rather rousing rendition of Whispering Spearows, a song she and Snuff had made up whilst walking through the Ilex forest, over a year ago. Her dress was hanging out to dry, having been thoroughly scrubbed and cleaned, and her muscles were relaxing in the wonderfully warm tub. She was definitely glad to be home.

But the nagging sensation of the call still pulled at the two. Rain found it rather annoying that she and Snuff were sitting around doing nothing, when someone could be hurt. She couldn't effectively relay this to her father though, as that would have entailed revealing the Walkie-Talkie Zone to him-- something she and Snuff had decided long ago would not be a good idea. So it was a rather tense lunch the family sat down to, with Rain and Snuff eager to dash off to the neighbors. They scarfed down their food before running off to get their things together. Rain bid farewell to her father with sad eyes. Hopefully, she'd be back to see him again. The thought struck her rather bluntly, but she realized they could just as likely be killed out in Hoenn than return home to Azalea.

She hugged her father all at once and clung to him tightly for a long time. He seemed surprised, but didn't argue. She didn't pull back until she had composed herself. With another, "I love you," and a, "Please tell mom I love her too," Rain and Snuff made their way to the neighbors. The boy had just returned, and Rain was happy to see that the kadabra was a rather old fellow, experienced, and more than capable of Transporting them the long distance to Hoenn.

"You'll be arriving," the woman told her, "in Pacifidlog Town. That's the town closest to Mirage Island. But you know honey, the Island isn't always there."

"We know," Rain had said confidently, "But we have something we need to do there. We'll get there, don't worry about us."

The woman smiled, then turned to the kadabra and gave the orders, telling him to Transpost the two, then return home. It had nodded, grunting politely, then turned to Snuff and Rain with a serious look. It's eyes narrowed; the kadabra swung it's arms outward, then moved them in a clockwise fashion. The star in the center of it's head glowed a deep red, then gold, which spread throughout the golden body, then found it's way to Snuff and Rain, creeping slowly across the ground. The light crept up the two, and into their surroundings, until everything was a deep gold.

The light was all consuming, and rather painful to look at-- Rain and Snuff had to close their eyes. They could hear a deep chanting, but other than that, nothing seemed to be happening. The chant slowed, then stopped, and Rain risked opening an eye.

"Whoa!" she yelped, surprised. Around them, people moved purposefully. They were in the lobby of a small Pokecenter. Beside Rain, Snuff repeated the action, whuffing in response to the change. In front of them, the kadabra seemed to look at them, as if confirming this was the right place. Rain glanced around for a moment, saw a sign labeled, "Pacifidlog Town Pokecenter," turned, and nodded at the kadabra with a smile. "Thank you," she said aloud, and the kadabra returned her nod, before beginning the Transport again, and dissipating from sight in an instant.

Rain wandered outside. There was water everywhere! And the buildings were on platforms above it.

"This is amazing," she said, with a gasp, to Snuff. He merely grunted by her side; who on Earth would want to live on top of water? In his opinion, humans could be very odd sometimes.

"But Snuff," Rain said after a moment, "how are we going to get to the island?" Snuff cocked his dark head, one horn coming up to tap Rain's hand. That was a good question. It wasn't like he could swim. No, swimming was most definitely not an option. And right now, there wasn't any island he could see. Even if they could swim, which they most definitely were not going to do, they had no where to swim to.

"Maybe," Rain considered, looking a bit uneasy at the thought, "we should go into the Walkie-Talkie Zone." Snuff looked up at her, licking his muzzle thoughtfully. It did make a little sense. He nodded slowly, then more deliberately.

"Okay then," Rain said, heading towards an alley, "Let's sing about how happy we were to see dad."

The song started that way, but ended up as how sad they were to have left, and how uncertain they were about the future. Rain always disliked it when this happened. With tears streaming down their faces, they felt the prickling sensation, and looked around to find the buildings and people almost gone from view. It took a moment to see, but through the buildings, Rain spotted a rather sturdy looking rowboat.

"See that?" she asked Snuff. He nodded, a habit of those typically unable to articulate, before speaking.

"Yep," he hummed, his voice smooth and musical, a mannerism that stuck in his thoughts from his constant musical transactions with Rain, "that there is a boat. And it doesn't look like it belongs here." He turned his head up to look Rain in the eyes, "Rain, maybe this is a bad idea. Maybe this is none of our business."

Rain looked away towards the boat and nodded, but didn't reply, instead stepping out of the alley and walking in the direction of the boat. It was a short walk, and after a moment they both hopped in the vessel. The island was visible, far off, and Rain could see now that rowing was going to take forever.

"I'm going to confess to you Snuff, that I am having second thoughts too..." she trailed off, before beginning to row, "But someone needs our help, and we aren't the type to ignore something like that. Besides, doesn't the idea of meeting someone else who knows more about this world seem cool to you?" She was rowing now, and it seemed it might not take as long as she originally thought. The island already seemed much closer.

"I suppose," Snuff grumbled, "but I can't help thinking this may be a very bad idea."

Of course, neither of them could ever have denied the nagging pull of the call. Both knew that if ever they had been the type of people who did indeed ignore calls for help, even then they would not have been able to ignore this. All this talk about giving up was foolishness-- they were both desperate to reach whoever had sent out that call, and both of them knew it.

With that they lapsed into silence, save Rain's breathing, which was picking up speed by the minute. She had to take several breaks to save her arms, and during these she would also catch her breath. Snuff stayed alert the entire time, his eyes darting back and forth between the town and the island, until finally the town slipped out of view, and he simply had only the island to stare at. It was a long time, but not as long as Rain had initially thought, before they reached the island. Rain's arms were on fire, but they were here, and with a final heave, they washed onto the sandy shore of the island.

"Ugh!" Rain cried, flopping herself out of the boat and onto the sand, "Never again Snuffles! Never again!"

Snuff rolled his eyes, hopping out of the boat. What a little drama queen. He gave her a few minutes to recover. Looking around the island, he saw trees, and water, and that was about it. No other people, no "trouble"... Rain was rolling in the sand now.

"Cut it out," he said, "Pull yourself together woman, someone here needs our help, remember?"

"Oh yea," she mumbled into the sand. She pushed herself up, still whining from her arms, and surveyed the area. There didn't seem to be anyone here. Snuff sniffed the air, and all at once stiffened, causing Rain to stiffen as well. There was someone here! Someone else who had a houndoom too!

Snuff took off towards the scent, with Rain following behind. He kept in sight of her, but went his own speed. The faster he found this danger, the faster he could keep it from hurting Rain. What could this danger be? It could be anyone-- or thing for that matter! Dozens of images were running through Snuff's head.

So he was a bit surprised when he rounded the clump of trees, to see a somewhat pretty blonde and her male houndoom walking up the shore. He stopped to let Rain catch up to him. They decided together in an instant that they should make themselves known-- they were most definitely not evil (though the houndoom did look a bit dangerous).

"Hey!" Rain called out, waving.

"Doom!" Snuff bellowed, jumping.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Yep, the new post is coming, it looks like only us three will be rping.
    i should have the new post up by sunday GMT +12

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    ((OOC: we will use my old thread: Pokémon VR: Kanto Chronicles as the OOC thread.))

The motion rose up from the pit of my stomach and the momentum threw me forward, leaning up from the sandy bed and onto my hands and knees, coughing up salt water and bile. There seemed no end to how much water Ichiro had inhaled as it all came forth, chocking him until it seemed as if he would black out again. However within a couple of minutes even the dry reaching ceased and Ichiro was left with the empty feeling in his stomach as he watched to surf wipe clean the rock he had vomited over. The sea had not died down one bit as it constantly battered the rocks that Ichiro found himself on, grasping at his legs and trying to pull him back into its icy cold grasp. Ichiro kicked at the waves as they rolled in the rolled out, the anger and bitterness rising inside of him until he could contain it no longer.

"I hate you! You have wrecked everything, I don't know what the hell you are but I will find out how to destroy you! You have already tried to kill me and failed so know you take my Pokémon too?" He continued to scream, venting his anger and frustration at the sea, at the sky and at the Aether Realm, "You have not stopped my quest, just simply delayed it, and given me more reason to defeat you! I am ready for whatever you can throw at me, I will survive it all!"

Tears now rolled down his face, mixing in with the spray that constantly splattered him. Ichiro vowed then and there that he would not give up on what he had set out to do; he would finish the job that needed to be done. "I swear on this statement until my dying breath." He whispered.

Ichiro looked around at the situation he was stuck in now. The sea had separated him from Amaterasu which meant that the Aether world was out of the question. He shuddered at the thought of returning there but then reassured himself that he would once again need to enter the Aether Realm not only to meet up with the others but also to defeat the growing darkness. On one side he had the raging sea that now had seemed to calm around him, as if it feared he could cause its dismay. On the other side were sheer cliffs, not completely un-climbable but possibly very dangerous to scale.

"It seems like this is my only way, so be it." Ichiro grabbed his backpack and slid it off onto the wet, slippery rocks. He unzipped the bag and looked dismayed at the fact that much of the contents had been soaked and now were useless to him. He happily discarded these items knowing that they would be dead weight anyway and would only further lower his chance of survival. Ichiro grabbed his gloves out of his bag before zipping it back up and fastening it safely on his back. The gloves were soaked with water which only added to the bitter coldness he now felt but nevertheless they were useable and would help him to scale the side of the mountain.

Only a couple of hours had passed now, but to Ichiro it felt like years. He was on the brink of hyperthermia and exhausted to the point that his arms now felt like they would loosen from the sockets and he would plummet to the dark depths below. But Ichiro's resolve pushed through, giving him only the minimal energy to use but in the end that would be enough. Weak and exhausted from the climb he barely managed to throw his body over the ledge and when he did so, fell to the ground and sunk into a deep slumber in the soft grass.

His dreams were plagued with nightmares, all around him he saw people killing each other, people dying slow and horrible deaths and a dark, brooding, ominous shadow blanketing everything. He could not scream, he could not move. All he was capable of doing was watching the images burning into his mind. He knew this was not the world he was living in but it seemed all too real. This was some sort of premonition, a view of the future, a future that he could stop. Then it was replaced by complete darkness and a constant ringing, it drove him to the brink of craziness. In the dream world he clutched his head in pain, shoved his fingers into his ears but the ringing only seemed to be coming from his mind.

"What have I done to deserve this?" he thought, "Why was I chosen to walk this path, why me?"

Then a calming light poured over him and his thoughts slowed, the ringing stopped. He felt his body become weightless as he floated up to the source of the light. It was warm and inviting; it wiped away all the bad thoughts and put the mind to peace. This was heaven.

Then it all stopped, a booming voice echoed: "Wake up, it is not your time to die just yet, you still have much to correct in your world, my world is not for you yet. Remember your goal, remember what you started, and remember what you swore."

Ichiro felt himself propelled backwards, away from the light and back into the cold darkness which he had only momentarily escaped from. He felt the numbness, the coldness, the darkness.

When he came to, Ichiro first noticed the old couple standing over top of him, looking very worried.

"We thought you were dead, now drink up, this will heal you."

Ichiro gulped down the boiling hot liquid that the old man offered him, ignoring the scorching to his throat. He drank it until the dregs and handed it back to the man.

"T-t-t-thank you." He managed to stutter.

"No problem," the old man replied, "you were in trouble, it is the best we could do and besides, what were you doing asleep on the ground outside? If it wasn't for the Chimecho here, you would have been dead before morning."

"I h-h-have to get to m-m-m-mirage island!"

"That is a little way from here, son. You should have gone to Pacifidlog Town if you wanted to get there."

"Not enough time," Ichiro slurred, "take me to the top."

The old man agreed, and unbelievable for his age, managed to hoist Ichiro onto his shoulders and cart him out the door on his shoulders alone. By the time they had made it to the top the mad was huffing and Ichiro had gained enough energy to begin walking albeit with the old man's aid.

"Here we are," the old man announced, "Orb Peak, the highest point in all of Hoenn."
    The air around here was heavy and Ichiro breathed in short breaths, the place also had a weird, ominous feel, a place where the Aether Realm crossed with the Human Realm. But there was still one problem left, without his Amaterasu, Ichiro could no longer shift between the realms. He had come this far and failed. It was too much for Ichiro and he broke down crying, he had lost his Absol, he had failed to get to Mirage Island and the others would have left by now, and it was his entire fault.

As he sat on the ground sobbing he heard the incessant ringing that had appeared in his dream earlier and then did he realise, "Chimecho," me muttered.

"Chimecho?" the old man queeried.

Ichiro stood up shakily and yelled, "Chimecho!"

"I get it now, how could I have been so stupid, I have not failed, I have just been temporarily slowed down. I made my promise before and I will keep to it." By now the Chimecho had circled round him and were bouncing up and down in the air ringing their bell chimes.

"Chimecho, teleport!" Ichiro yelled. The Chimecho glowed a brilliant golden light and Ichiro felt the familiar prickling of his skin and he laughed a wicked, maniacal laugh. "I will get you now!" he yelled as his words were snatched out of his mouth.

It took no longer than the blink of an eye and Ichiro was sent from atop mount Pyre across the rugged sea to Mirage Island. He opened his eyes to see the peaceful meadow island deep in the Aether Realm. He had finally made it and walked over to join the two girls.

"Not a great turn out," he thought, "but it will be enough to do what we have to do."

(So far, a day has passed since the last post.)

SonofWiseii

Come on in Heeeeerrrre!
    Years
    {OoC: Sorry about the late post; something was nagging me in the back of my mind that I had to do something. I can change the stuff in brackets (v) if someone has dropped out.}

IC:

A mist of sea water splashed Brandon's face as the speed boat jumped another swell. Brandon knew he should've decided sooner to help sooner, but now wasn't the time for regrets. He had no time to lose.

Brandon again steered the boat in a wide curve. He still wasn't great at directing this boat. Before long, however, he was heading towards Mirage Island on Route 130.

Where is it? I should be seeing it right now! He thought about it a moment, and then realized why he couldn't see it. "Bene, we have to go to the Aether Realm...and quickly!" Bene nodded, and the pair felt the now familiar feeling of drifting away.

His hunch was correct, and in front of them was Mirage Island. Brandon quickly steered to boat towards the Island, and tethered to a nearby tree. They walked up towards a forested area, and saw a couple people, [two] girl and a boy, talking. Rather than come out to meet them, Brandon hid behind a tree, until Bene forced him into the clearing with a, "Come on, Brandon!"

Brandon gave Bene a friendly glare, then looked at the people in front of him. He hesitated for a moment; he hadn't spoken to another human in two years. But he decided he might as well take the risk: "I, er, re-received the, um, dis-distress signal," he stuttered.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    (sorry, just a quick post to bump the thread a bit)

"I need these people to help me, we are here for a reason, we were created to be able to shift for a reason and i am positive this is the reason." Ichiro thought to himself.

It had been a day since Ichiro lost Amaterasu, the pain was still present but Ichiro had managed to repress and subdue it until it was just a dull throb in the pit of his stomach. He was going to make it through this ordeal and come out on top, he had vowed he would rescue Amaterasu wherever she was. His connection to her, their eternal bond was still there, it was very weak, only just a thread but it was the way he would find her.

There were three of them, plus him made four, an even number was good news.

"Thank you for coming," he addressed them, projecting his thoughts into both pokemon and human minds, "our numbers are small but what we lack in numbers we can make up in strength. I would ask you to step out of the Aether Realm to talk but unfortunately I've lost my Catalyst, Amatersau and as such, cannot enter much less exit the Aether Realm by myself. First things first I would like to know each and everyone of you, a small introduction of sorts so that we can quickly get to know one another."

"My name is Raigami Ichiro, but everyone calls me Ichiro. I am usually accompanied by my faithful Absol, Amaterasu, but she is somewhere else at the moment. I am 18 years old and like most of you, when I was 15, I shifted here for the first time. I came across a 'dark force' a while ago and decided to send out the message to gather here when i became worried about this 'dark force'. Now, what about you?"

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    Name: Mizushima, Miharu (family, given; no middle name)

Appearance: (Two paragraphs, one about body such as skin, hair, etc. and one about clothing.)

Miharu has light blue eyes and short, black hair. Her hair reaches up to her chin, and is almost completely straight except for a little curl at the end. She is, what most people, call a "stick"; looking very skinny and seemed unable to lift even five pounds. Miharu is slightly tanned, enough not to be called "white" but not enough to be call "fully tanned". However, if you look closely, you can see she helds herself with a certain grace in which only very expirenced martial artists flow, and she has muscles that seemed to fit with her body.

Miharu wears a dark blue t-shirt and plain black shorts in the late spring, summer, and early fall. She wears a long, dark blue sleeved shirt and black, baggy pants in the winter, early spring, and late fall. She has a dragon tattoo coiled around her right arm and strange markings on her left arm. Her only piece of jewlery is a silver chain that has a lightl blue pendent in the shape as the japanese symbol of strength that matches her eyes. Miharu never really wears shoes, thinking shoes to be unnatural.

Personality: (Two paragraphs, how they act, what they are like, etc.)

Miharu is cold and won't talk to people she feels to be weak or haven't earned her respect. She may goad them, in order to test in which they deserve her respect. She is very manipulative and observant to her surroundings. She doesn't trust people easily and won't give out respect like that (insert snap here), but once you have own earned one, you earn the other and that will stick forever. Once you have earned her trust and respect, she is a very loyal friend and will self sacrifice herself in order to save a friend, for she has none except her pokemon.

Miharu is very well versed in the art of sarcasm and curses like a sailor. She can also aim at the weak spot of a person. Ever since she was small, she had the ability to communicate telepathically with her pokemon and people. She is also able to tell a weak spot in a person, pokemon, plan, or object by glancing at them. Though, there is a drawback to using her powers to much as she passes out after she overexersts herself. The most she has been able to use her powers to talk to people and pokemon telepathically was thirty minutes.

History: (Not too long or short, I just want emphasis on your first visit to the Aether Realm (at the age of 15) and two paragraphs on either side showing the history of your character on either side of the shifting.)

(If it's okay, I'd like to put Miharu's first visit to the Aether Realm as the RP sample. If not, I can just change it later.)

Miharu's parents died in a Team Rocket ambush when she was one. Ever since then, she has had a deep feeling of hatreed to every Team Rocker member and has a deep distrust of people. On the evening before Miharu's parents were murdered, Espeon came into her dreams. Espeon talked of everything that was known of the Spirit Realm, Catalysts, and "phasers". Espeon talked about the empending darkness that was going to happen which resulted in Miharu meeting a boy named Ichiro and some other people that were like her. The dream ended with Espeon's final words echoing "It is your job to stop it, or everything will be destroyed.' The next morning an Espeon was found, curled up beside Miharu.

After her parents died, Miharu's uncle (Hito, Hatori) had taken Miharu in. As she grew up, he taught her how to fight (physical and pokemon battles), how to easily manipulate someone, how to poke and prod at one's weaknesses, tactics and plans, how to be very observant to ones surroundings, and to never trust people. When she reached the age of ten, she, like every other ten year old, left the house and went on a pokemon journey. Travelling around her home region, Kanto, she built up and trained her pokemon team of Dragonite, Gyarados, Gengar, Jolteon, and one other pokemon she never uses for battling. After collecting all eight badges, Miharu choose to opt out of the Pokemon League as she went back to her hometown, Viridian, and took care of her sick uncle. She was eleven. After her uncles health turned a turn for the better, she choose to stay with her uncle to make sure he doesn't get sick again, but still trains for any pokemon battles. She stayed with her uncle and spent the next four years there.

RP Sample: (Anything goes, I just want to see your skills.)
    Spoiler:

Catalyst: Espeon

Anything I need to add or take off, just let me know.

IceFireLighnting

Appearence:
    Lucius is a larger teen, standing at 5'10". His hair is platinum blonde and is semi-short. He has deep blue eyes, his nose is small and his ears are fitting for his head. His skin is smooth and is a light khaki, and he is of an in-the-middle frame. He has dark freckles around his body and it is very noticeable when he blushed or flushes of color.

He usually wears a white t-shirt, pale blue jean(short)s, black tennis shoes, and he always wears his dad's black wristbands. He might wear a blue-and-silver-striped headband that reminds him of his mother...he wears a sapphire amulet around his neck that reminds him of his girlfriend.

Personality:
    Lucius is calm, and he has no reason to ever cry. He usually spaces out or can be very grumpy. He is very serious and would rather walk around all day than sit and do nothing. He seeks alone time with his lifelong friend, Leigh the Mawile. He is antisocial and likes to strategize rather than play by ear.

He can be happy at times, mostly when he's dreaming of his family, his friends... He can also be happy as can be when Leigh cheers him up. He prefers not to be happy, though, as he knows he shouldn't. He is very persistent, strong-willed and demanding.

History:
    Lucius was born in Fuscha City, and lived with his mother, father and little brother, Mason. When he was seven, he recieved Leigh, the Mawile, and the first thing she did to him was clamp onto his head affectionately. They had so many good times in those first few months, but then he and his dad moved out, and they never saw the rest of the family again. Lucius grew into this, as he still had his mother's headband that he always wore, which comforted him.

After a few weeks of living in his new house in Pastoria, he enrolled in a Pokemon academy. On his first day, he met his future girlfriend, Alicia Samuel. When he was twelve, he and Alicia became...together, and that was only a year before, as Lucius remembered it, The Incident.

It was terrible. There was a tornado that hit the whole city. It took his house, his father, even Alicia. He had taken refuge in the basement of an abandoned Poke Ball factory. He ran, ran back to his house with Leigh to see if his father was OK. He got there, looked everywhere, but only found his father's black wristbands, his mother's headband and, last of all, Alicia's amulet, which was given to him on the day they met.

Lucius knew he couldn't stay. It would be wrong. He packed everything he could scavenge, put Leigh in her Poke Ball (like she hated), and set out to live...anywhere he could. But where could he go?

Lucius started to Shift exactly two years after the tornado. It was a stormy night, and he and Leigh were hiding out in a cave. They were reliving the past, remebering all of the good times...then it happened. They were scared, they didn't know what to do. So, the Mawile started to talk it out. Then they realized that she was talking. They then dicided to stay, and it actually felt good, being secluded. But as they were finishing their conversation (they had no control of Shifting yet), they were sent back. It just, happened when they Shifted. One minute they were where they were and the next they were in the realm that they hadn't been in. They have gone back and forth a few times, but not willingly. To this day they have never finished that lovely conversation they had on their first visit to the Aether Realm.

RP shmample(the scenario of "The Incident"):

He was running, running like he had never run before. "C'mon, Leigh, we have to get back to the house! Who knows what's happened to Dad!"

"May, wile-may-wile!"

"You know we have to keep going, Dad's my-- the house, what happened?! No, no, no, NO! Oh man... There's a hole cut clean through to the basement! DAD! DAD!" He remembered that Alicia was supposed to come at 3:30. It was 4:05. Alicia had been here. Then..."NOO! Everyone...that I loved, gone! NOOOOOO!"

It took Lucius and Leigh a couple of hours to calm down. By then the sun had set.

"What are we going to do? Where are we going to go?" He gasped as he remembered his mother's headband and the amulet that Alicia had given him six years ago. "I have to find some things, Leigh, so watch the door." While he was looking in his father's pajama drawer(where he put the headband when Lucius stopped wearing it), he found a pair of black wristbands. Brand new. Never been opened. He tore open the package, and there was a note on the back of the inside of the box.

"Dear Lucius,

If you are reading this, then you are a Shifter. You may not know what that is, but you will find out in good time. I was a Shifter when I was a child, but after we lost Umbreon, I couldn't do it anymore. Please keep the wristbands in remembrance of me, and be safe out there with Leigh. And, unfortunatley, yes, Alicia was with me earlier today...

Sincerely,

Robert M. Acryl, your proud father.

I love you."​

"What the...what's a Shifter? And how did he know that...C'MON, LEIGH, WE'RE LEAVING!"​

When Lucius got downstairs, the Mawile was squealing at him, apparently not wanting to leave. "MAY! MAY-MAY-MAY-WILE!"​

"No. We have to leave. I don't know where we're gonna go, ar how we're gonna do it, but I know we can do it, Leigh, because I love you, and you love me. We can do anything if we put our hearts and minds to it." He kissed Leigh's forehead and, without another word, they left Pastoria City, headband, wristbands and amulet on, hands holding, and hearts breaking...​

Catalyst: Leigh the Mawile.
    Special characteristics: The parts of Leigh's body that should be a dull grey are silver, the parts of her that should be yellow are aquamarine, and her teeth are pearly.​

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Im going to do another version later this year for thoes interested, i have began rewriting the plot and stuuf.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back