• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Following Pokemon EX

Niteslayer

Shogun
Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    This script is needed for 18.1 as many people use it. So you should add previous versions for download Urgently!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This script is needed for 18.1 as many people use it. So you should add previous versions for download Urgently!

Umm no it isn't actually, nor is the creator under any obligation to do so. If its such a concern for you to use outdated content, feel free to downgrade it yourself.

Years
  • The plugin has been updated to v2.1.0. Here's the changelog:
    Spoiler:

• Instructions under "Usage of Script" have also been updated to detail the new configuration constants and method names.
    • If you are updating from an older version, please make sure to delete the original plugin folder ie Plugins/Following Pokemon EX before updating, so that the old changes don't overwrite the new changes.
    • If you are updating from an older version, please make sure to update the Animations.rxdata as well.
    • If you are not using v1.1.0 or higher version of the Generation 8 Project for Essentials v19.1, please make sure to get the updated Plugin Manager scripts to avoid any installation issues with the script. A link to them has been provided in the updated "Installation and Update Instructions".
    • If you have any custom scripts that are using some script commands or constants from older versions of Following Pokemon EX, please make sure to update them asap.

Years
  • The plugin has been updated to v2.1.1. This is a minor but important bugfix. Here's the changelog:
    • Fixed minor crash with emote animation.
    • Fixed minor crash with Pokecenter animation.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    The plugin has been updated to v2.1.1. This is a minor but important bugfix. Here's the changelog:
    • Fixed minor crash with emote animation.
    • Fixed minor crash with Pokecenter animation.

Hey Golisopod,

Your previous version worked well (except the crash on animations :D) with surfing while I use the HM Items plugin, but now with your new version 2.1.1 , my game does not detect surfing at all and will not let me do it... any thoughts? that is to say I cannot initiate surfing when going to to the water and pressing enter with the correct surfing item. It works in debug mode but the text provided is "true used surf" instead of the player name...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Any way to make the follower event can be "through" when you take back your followed pokemon?

Years
  • The plugin has been updated to v2.1.2. Here's the changelog:
    • Fixed minor crash with cycling through your party.
    • Fixed Following Pokemon being impassable even after it has been toggled off.

Juno and Ice

Developer of Pokémon Floral Tempus
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Says it requires Maruno's Experimental Map Renderer. But I can't find it online anywhere...

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    Hi, the plugin gives me a problem that I report below ... could you give me a hand?
    "Plugin 'Following Pokemon EX' required plugin 'Party Screen BW Style' to work properly"

Years
  • The Plugin has now been updated to v 2.2.0. It is now compatible with v20. Here's the detailed changelog.

• Full v20 compatibility (removed sprite renamer compatibility for older versions of Essentials)
    • Added a toggle in the settings to show the Following Pokemon toggle in the options.
    • Added better support for EBDX super shinies.
    • Added 2 map metadata flags, "ShowFollowingPkmn" and "HideFollowingPkmn" to make showing and hiding Following Pokemon on certain maps simpler.
    • Added proper documentation for the dialogue and disappear conditions for Following Pokemon, and proper comments in the script.
    • Fixed Following Pokemon being refreshed at every step.
    • Fixed bug where you could never get an item from your Following Pokemon.
    • Fixed Followers leaving a gap and when Following Pokemon is toggled off.
    • Fixed HM moves used from the Party menu being buggy with Following Pokemon.
    • Fixed Following Pokemon not being able to climb waterfalls.
    • Fixed several small bugs with the Pokecenter animation.
    • Fixed Following Pokemon behaving weirdly when jumping behind the player to start or end surfing.
    • Fixed all instances where Following Pokemon wouldn't refresh and look weird, like trading and evolution.
    • Updated the dialogue system to separate Item receiving dialogues and regular talking dialogues, making it simpler to add or remove items.
    • Updated the default dialogues to work with map metadata flags instead of map names.
    • Updated almost all Following Pokemon specific code and moved it into the FollowingPkmn module. Added several new helper methods for that.
    • Updated the method to get the current Following Pokemon to be one independent centralized method, makung it much easier to customize what Pokemon should be the one following you.
    • Updated ice sliding to make airborne Following Pokemon sliding behind you to be more accurate.
    • Updated the Following Pokemon specific script commands for move routes and animations to work with the new Dependent Event changes in v20.
    • Updated all of the Following Pokemon field move methods to not overwrite any existing HM changes.

Instructions under Usage of Script have also been updated to detail the new configuration constants, method names, dialogues and disappear condition configuration.
    If you have any custom scripts that are using some script commands or constants from older versions of Following Pokemon EX, please make sure to update them asap.

Years
  • The Plugin has now been updated to v 2.2.1. Here's the detailed changelog.
    • Fixed crash when starting over after a whiteout.
    • Fixed a few cases where Following Pokemon show the HM animation when they shouldn't

Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    I have a question, why is my Pokemon always slow? Every time I walked, there was a distance between it and me until it succeeded in catching up with me.

Back