• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Following the Leader......with my Greatest (YGO)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ......*sigh* I've come to terms with the fact that chances of my playing the game in real life again have pretty much dropped to around 0%, so I see no more reason against posting this: my main deck, which has brought me through quite a few (minor) tournaments (though it's been updated for the new banlist on WC07):

Monsters:

Tributes: 4
    1x Jinzo
    1x Blowback Dragon (<3)
    1x Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World
    1x The Fiend Megacyber

Non-Tributes: 17
    2x Blade Knight
    2x Exiled Force
    1x DD Warrior Lady
    1x DD Assailant
    1x Don Zaloog
    2x Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer (<3)
    1x Marshmallon
    1x Magician of Faith
    1x Mask of Darkness
    1x Mystic Swordsman LV2
    1x Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
    1x Reflect Bounder
    1x Sangan
    1x Treeborn Frog

Spells: 14
    1x Brain Control
    1x Card Destruction
    2x Enemy Controller
    1x MST
    1x Pot of Avarice
    1x Premature Burial
    1x RotA
    1x Scapegoat
    2x Shield Crash
    1x Swords of Revealing Light
    1x United We Stand
    1x Mage Power

Traps: 5
    1x Call of the Haunted
    1x Crush Card Virus
    1x Magic Cylinder
    1x Mirror Force
    1x Nightmare Wheel

A bit random & outdated, I know, but it has suited me VERY well in the past.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Somehow I find the lack of Torrential Tribute the first weird thing ever, then i saw nightmare wheel and... fiend megacyber? wow people use that since cyber dragon came out? >>;

Random is right... but guess that we need to test it in play one day to see if it really works or not, ehehehe ^w^

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Uhh...yeah, I'm going to have to admit that I don't quite follow your gameplan here. A betadown with Nightmare Wheel and no Cyber Dragons? And why Megacyber? Why use a solitary dark world monster when you only have one discard outlet? Heck, why use Card Destruction when you can't exploit it with anything but that one Goldd and possibly Treeborn? (Come to think of it, wtf is Nightmare Wheel doing in the same deck as Treeborn anyway?) I'm not too wild about Blade Knight either, and Crush Card seems like a bit of a dubious choice for a deck that only has two viable tributes for it, and that's not getting into the whole 'Jinzo + Continuous traps' thing either and Mask on a deck with so few traps (...only half of which are even worth recurring) to me this just looks all too situational and tormented by inner conflict. x.x

So yeah...care to elaborate on your grand masterplan? I'm not seeing it. T_T

crazy101

The Rocketboi
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2007
    u need a deck that will give u a better strategy or u'll lose

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years

And honestly, both of your posts on 2 deck fixes simply state that an immediate fix or a major change is needed, but you next state what... any expansion on your views?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Somehow I find the lack of Torrential Tribute the first weird thing ever, then i saw nightmare wheel and... fiend megacyber? wow people use that since cyber dragon came out? >>;

Random is right... but guess that we need to test it in play one day to see if it really works or not, ehehehe ^w^

Torrential has always been kind of......"ew" in my opinion. When I'm on a roll and killing the field (as actually happens quite a bit) it's pretty much a dead card, since Exiled is the only quick-summon monster that might be a threat and it goes through regardless. Nightmare Wheel has actually saved me more times than I can count.

As for Megacyber vs Cyber, well...to be honest, I've personally always believed Megacyber to be more useful in general. 100 more ATK is good, but the part that I really like is that it doesn't require you to have an empty field. For example, if Spirit Reaper is sitting out there alone on the field, I can't do a thing with Cyber Dragon because Reaper being there ruins its summoning conditions. However, if my opponent swarms with their own Cyber and two more monsters, I can go ahead and toss Megacyber out while leaving Reaper or whoever alone, then kill their Cyber Dragon with that extra 100 ATK. I can also pick to tribute or not to, should my lone monster be a Sangan...

As for topdecking, I'll gladly take a 4-star 2000 ATK monster in Blade Knight.

(Yes, the above situation has actually happened to me more than once before. However, Cyber Dragon IS sided.)

Uhh...yeah, I'm going to have to admit that I don't quite follow your gameplan here. A betadown with Nightmare Wheel and no Cyber Dragons? And why Megacyber? Why use a solitary dark world monster when you only have one discard outlet? Heck, why use Card Destruction when you can't exploit it with anything but that one Goldd and possibly Treeborn? (Come to think of it, wtf is Nightmare Wheel doing in the same deck as Treeborn anyway?) I'm not too wild about Blade Knight either, and Crush Card seems like a bit of a dubious choice for a deck that only has two viable tributes for it, and that's not getting into the whole 'Jinzo + Continuous traps' thing either and Mask on a deck with so few traps (...only half of which are even worth recurring) to me this just looks all too situational and tormented by inner conflict. x.x

So yeah...care to elaborate on your grand masterplan? I'm not seeing it. T_T

Cyber Dragon vs Megacyber is already explained above. As for Goldd, that's basically leftovers from the deck's previous form (Sept. 2006 banlist, including Graceful and maybe a random Stein). Card Destruction is there as essentially the only "reliable" draw spell left, outside of PoA. CCV is pretty much the same as Goldd, Treeborn is there for a "A or B" sort of thing (it's kind of hard to explain, actually...), same with Jinzo, and see above for Blade Knight. I am open for suggestions over Goldd & Card Destruction.

"Tormented by inner conflict," huh? Hmm......perhaps that's why it comes out so well ^_^. It's weird, but I actually work the best with random decks like this. "Harmony from Chaos" I suppose.

And you need to come up with a better post or you'll fail. This deck already wins duels.

Back