• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

food and diet

Years
    My diet is a mixed bag. I eat a lot of healthy food, but I tend to eat junk food rather often. I don't count calories, and I focus more on getting nutrients. I exercise a lot too, as I'm trying to gain muscle, so I tend to eat a lot food.

Years
    My diet is plant based. I love grains like rices and noodles, especially pad thai and udon, dumplings, stuffed grape leaves and vegetarian-based sushis like ones with carrots. Nuts are in my diet, and I am especially fond of pistachios, peanuts and pecans. Because I am vegan I don't eat animal products, but I substitute for dairy by eating things like almond milk yogurt or cashew milk based cheese. I eat a lot of vegetable protein-based dinners that have beef, chicken, pork made from things like peas and soy. I also like fresh fruits, strawberries, peaches, avocadoes, raspberries. I eat vegetables whether raw like a cold veggie platter with crackers and dip, or hot and steamed like a stir fry. I drink plenty of water.

Because I do not eat animal products for welfare reasons I have to be very careful with what I consume. I eat healthier than most, especially because I use a lot of herbs for flavor and healthy oils like olive. I don't actually count calories though, and probably should because I do eat starchy foods.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I don't really count calories/salt etc. always found that kind of silly really. If you're cooking your food you can taste it, and there's a million ways you can adjust salt, sugars etc. before its done.

Since I'm somewhat into natural medicine and herbal remedies I pay more attention to qualities of the ingredients then anything else.

Also the way you prepare the food, since depending on the method you use the ingredients the amount of sodium fats etc from the source ingredients can be broken down
    or have less affect on you from the finished product than if you just took all those things in individually.

Like say slow cooking, smoking, grilling, marinading, baking, making soup, etc.

That said I don't cook for myself often though I can, I usually like getting food out, and I have a large variety of different ethnic places I go to.

I have my natural foods place, where everything's loaded with different herbs and spices to boost immune system, a few vegetarian places for my humus and pita, etc.
    My egyptian places or other middle eastern restaurants, and places for thai food, sushi, ramen, african, jamaican, greek, etc.

My diet is pretty ranged, and I think that's best, I decide based on how my body feels as well as what I have a yearning for.
    Like if I'm feeling sluggish I may go for something spicy.

The only meat I'd say I don't really care for is beef.

It's easy to do wrong imo, it can be heavy, and can take a long time to digest.
    Everyone around always kept talking about how good it was, oh burgers, ooh steak. but I just never got into it.

I never had a good burger until I was like 17. Its not like I never tried them until then either, they were just all bland and generally bad.

I didn't realize why exactly till I tried it myself and started cooking more.
    When you cook it beef produces a lot of oil, and liquid.
    On top of that, its extremely hard to season, and takes much more to get good flavor than most other meats.

So you need to use less oil, to make sure it doesn't get greasy, cook out/drain all the liquid and oil, while also making sure
    it stays moist (but not too much) and juicy, but not wet.
    And season it multiple times to make sure the flavor is even on all sides, brown it to have the look and bring out the flavor, without drying it out
    all while keeping track of internal temperature.

Long story short, unless I really trust the cook, I don't mess with beef unless I do it myself and even that's rare...absolutely love meatballs though.

Last edited:
    Back