• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Food in the anime?

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
    What do you guys think they eat in the anime? A poloswine for christmas? maybe an oddish for the vegetarians? Brock always makes nice food, and you can see it in parties, but do you think they kill their milktank, somehow kill cows?

I dont know if this kind of tread has been posted before, but give me your opinion?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    there are actual plants around and there is a thread about if they have animals or not. U should look for it there.

Platina Berlitz (2)

Meri Curi!
    Years
    For the Holidays, how about Farfetch'd with a side of leek!

Regardless if there is non-Pokemon animals in the world, I doubt the eating of all kinds of Pokemon would be off-limits. We know that humans there do eat Farfetch'd and in the end, while a Pokemon, they are still (an especially tasty) Duck.

Though I'm not sure if vegetarians would eat an Oddish. D: Since it has a face and all.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    I doubt the eating of all kinds of Pokemon would be off-limits.
    ...Tropii eat themselves.

They obviously live off of just rice balls...all day. I'm sure Ash mentions a burger somewhere out of every time he ever appeared...in which case it's surely a cow burger as opposed to a Miltank burger.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2009
    I was always under the impression that pokemon existed separate from animals. In (I think) episode 3, a Pidgeotto eats a worm, not a Caterpie.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Besides that, Ash actually had the...mans, to make a Cow-terpie joke in a cow suit in some episode. And I have a pic.

Food in the anime?

So there ARE real cows in there... but cowterpie...COWTERPIE!?

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2009
    I always wondered where he found those things. YGO:TAS made a lot of fun of Joey in dog suits. Maybe its a running motif through anime series.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Besides that, Ash actually had the...mans, to make a Cow-terpie joke in a cow suit in some episode. And I have a pic.

Food in the anime?

So there ARE real cows in there... but cowterpie...COWTERPIE!?

Darn. Now I am mad. Thats one more mention of animals I am reminded of in the anime!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    For the Holidays, how about Farfetch'd with a side of leek!

Regardless if there is non-Pokemon animals in the world, I doubt the eating of all kinds of Pokemon would be off-limits. We know that humans there do eat Farfetch'd and in the end, while a Pokemon, they are still (an especially tasty) Duck.

I don't know, I think Farfetch'd were supposed to be a protected animal by the time either Gen I or Gen II came around (I mean, since it was nearly extinct, and then Farfetch'd started to become catchable, they probably were a protected species, meaning hunting them for their leeks probably became outlawed.)

Though I'm not sure if vegetarians would eat an Oddish. D: Since it has a face and all.

Yeah, I agree, since, while it looks like something a Vegetarian might eat (in this case, a radish), it's technically meat.

And then went on to try and eat Ash's Caterpie if I remember correctly.

Actually, it trying to eat caterpie didn't make too much sense, considering how Caterpies much bigger than it's beak. I mean, the only way it could even hope to eat it is by harpooning it. Even then, that's not how birds normally act towards insects (they either swallow it up, or carry it by beak, and it's capable of neither (it won't fit in it's beak even IF it tried carrying it and woukd get a gag reflex as a result.).).

Also, - H A Z A-D I V O -, if it's any consolation, the games have mentioned animals as well.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Woah...I don't think they would eat pokemon! I think they eat like poffins or so...just mixed with fruit? I dont know...

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Maybe Ash is training Pikachu to be tender & juicy then is going to eat him

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Actually there was an epsiode that James was imaginging eating a lobster...so yeah, I think they do have seperate animals for food rather than pokemon...
    So I do not think they will have torchic for chicken or something...lol

lazysensei

Catcher not a Fighter
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2009
    I've always wondered about that myself..

After the first few episodes they stopped showing animals other than Pokemon so it makes me wonder where they get all their food.

I think the episode that really made me question it was with the S.S Anne episode after they escaped it. Before the Gyarados came and twistered everyone out of there Team Rocket was desperate for food so the idea of eating the magikarp became good to them. ??????????????????? >.<

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    They've implied that there are normal animals in the Pokemon world, but it's weird about it is that you hardly ever.. EVER see them. So it's like they're there in ways that make it conveniant, without us ever having to actually see them.

>.>

I still say Brock cooks Pokemon stew..

I don't really know.. In the manga pokemon have been killed before so why can't they be eaten?
    Oh, they can be, Venus.. >_> and they are.
    -sticking with her Brock-cooks-Pokemon theory-

Back