• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Footsteps of the Goddess, the Silver Tower Tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mika

もえじゃないも
Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    ••• the heaven's jewel is blood red gathering the seeds of miracles

Long ago, in a land and time far apart from our own there lived a civilization of people who lived in harmony with the creatures we call Pokémon. It was a paradise, there was no war, no crime, no hate or anger, it was simply a place where all could feel as though they belonged. Alas, after a fierce war, the paradise began to crumble at the edges and as famine, war, and plague covered the land, the goddess and her counsel gathered at the heart of Mt Silver and decided amongst themselves that they must separate the peoples of the world lest it fall into chaos and destroy itself. However, so as not to abandon the people, the goddess hid within the ancient mountain the Tower of Redemption and cried out to the people of the world, begging that a chosen soul might one day venture to the Holy Yggdrassil Tree in the inner most sanctum and awaken her from her slumber, so that she might save the world from it's own destruction.

In the old days, the myth of the Holy Yggdrassil Tree and the Goddess and her Counsel were treated as fact, as actual parts of history but as the days passed into years, the fact became a myth, shuffled into fairy tale books grandmothers read to children snuggled into their beds in the summer months when they came to visit for the summer. The memory of the old ways was lost as the Pokémon who lived then and their children died out and it was passed off as that myth until a few years back when a research team from the Pokemon Global Police found an entrance to the Tower most thought to be only in storybooks. Upon further investigation, which was suppressed, publically, by the leadership team for some odd reason, the run was stopped and forgotten for two whole years. Then came the TV broadcast six months ago. Across the world, across every region, the regular scheduled programming on the pokegears, pokenavs, poketechs and TVs across the nation was interrupted with a commercial add from the reigning Hoenn Champion Wallace, announcing something not a soul was expecting.

"Ladies, gentlemen, citizens of the world; a fair and fabulous evening to you all! I, Wallace, Hoenn League Champion and contest coordinator extraordinaire, am briefly interrupting your regularly scheduled programming to bring a very important message to all you aspiring trainers and coordinators out there.

You have all seen the elegant dances of master trainers and their pokémon, both in the battle arena and on the grand stage. The talent of these trainers is, it should go without saying, breathtakingly marvelous, but even so, both I and my fellow league champions have long held the belief that there is much more talent and beauty out there, just waiting to be discovered. Why by providing a grand stage fitting for their performance of course!

For those of you who no longer find challenge in their league entries, for those who effortlessly outshine their competitors even in the grand contest halls, look no further for your latest challenge than our beloved Mt.Silver! There, I shall - with the gracious assistance of my fellow league champions - host a contest of champions fit for even the mightiest league champions and brightest runway stars. An epic clash of power, beauty, and elegance that could put your name in the history books!

Do not let this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity pass you by; register with your local pokémon professor today and receive the details! The tournament is six months from now, and our beloved Cynthia shall surely have stopped bleeding by then, so do not hesitate to-eh, now, now, Cynthie, no need for that tone. I was merely making a joke, nothing to get your panties in a knot fo-Cynthie, Cynthie, really now, this is child-"

As the 'Technical difficulties, Please stand by' and the quiet music trickled across the pokegears and tvs across the nation, trainers everywhere began desperately calling their hometown trainers, where their journeys had begun for some months ago for some years ago to see if perhaps they could participate in this tournament. It was a struggle for a good week following the near preemptive announcement as dearest Wallace had forgotten to mention, most likely after his mic had been shut off, that the details as far as admission rules and regulations went would be delivered to the professors within the next week or two, and it seemed, by the end of the initial chaotic mess, that the other champions were not the only ones who wanted dearest Wallace on a silver platter in tiny bite sized pieces.

Some hearts were crushed, their achievements not enough to get them a spot in the tournament, but for those who qualified, those who had beaten one of the league champions or conquered a coordination master competition in any of the categories, the door to the Silver Tower Tournament was opened and a ferry was set up outside Newbarktown, Slateport and Canalave, and a bus outside Pallet Town for worthy trainers to board exactly six months from the announcement. As the trainers disembarked and mingled amongst eachother before the entrance of the mountain which was heavily guarded by four trucks of global police units, heavily armed for some odd reason, only their imagination could hold them over for the next two hours at which time Wallace would arrive in some sort of fashion to explain the logistics, a heavily guarded secret, of the tournament and cut the fancy red ribbon to initiate its start. The true prizes, the true worth of the tournament was a mystery that smelled as fresh in the air as the sea around them.

••• I want to carry this illusion and escape it

Rules
    1) For starters, please respect all members in this roleplay. If someone makes a mistake, don't heckle the person, just point it out in a polite manner, we were all n00bs once and we all still make mistakes from time to time

2) Avoid generic snow farming characters or emo kids whose parents are abusive or dead. Stus are icky and I just don't want them. :< you're smart, come up with something unique.

3) I don't want to see mister fix-it-all superwoman punching out a cave with a punch of her mechanical fist in or a magic bipolar pidgeot carrying 8 people up the mountain. [aka: No Powerplaying or Godmoding, just don't do it.]

4) Attendance is a must. RPs at times like to go slow but this RP can and will move rather quickly at times. If you have real life issues, I'm not out to make your life worse by kicking you out but I need to be informed of your absence and why you'll be gone and for how long. When/If you come back, it's your job to get caught up by reading all posts posted in your absence.

5) Don't minimod for me unless your name is bolded blue, yellow, green, red or purple. :3 this is just common sense.

6) Make sure you read before you write!

7) This is not a n00b roleplay. Please make your posts literate and fufill the preset PRP Rules

8) I'm not against team-beating parties if you beat the league but absolutely no legendaries.

9) Remember that this is a roleplay. Don't go looking for out of character drama, please

10) No Rockets/Magmas/Aquas/Galaxians or G-Men without my consent. PM me if you want it.

••• I have lost my passionate words

Name: [First and Last, middle if you want. Put some thought into it, I don't want a generic snow farmer-based name.]

Age: [10 – 30, nothing under 10 unless you clear it with me via pm]

Occupation: Honorary League Champion /Coordinator/Ranger [Specify which region, one per region per catagory]

Pokemon Team: This can be in list format, you don't need to include movesets or levels or natures, just try and have non generic pokemon and make it match the occupation. :P a Ranger has only one to three pokemon where as an honorary champ has a well organized six pokemon party in the upper stages of poke life and the coordinator has a contest oriented party.

Appearance: At least two paragraphs. No pictures.

Entry Post This is the RP sample, this is the history and the personality. This needs to be at least 500 words and you can do it in third person or like a fanfiction or rp post. This is where you show me who you character is, what they're like and how they got to this point, how they got an invite to this competition. Include in here your trainer's pokemon, how he or she is connected with them etc. Have fun with it, this profile sign up isn't meant to cause you to stress out, this is just an entryway for your trainer for me and everyone else in the roleplay

Please conclude it with how they get to Mt. Silver [which is determined by the region they started from so if they're the Kanto Honorary Champ they caught the bus at Pallet Town] if at all possible.

TAKEN THUS FAR
    Kanto
    Kanto Ranger

Johto
    Johto League Honorary Champion
    Johto Ranger

Hoenn
    Hoenn League Honorary Champion
    Hoenn Ranger

Sinnoh
    Sinnoh Coordinator
    Sinnoh Ranger

NOTE ON RESERVATIONS
    I don't like them. Just get your profile up, I'm not playing this 'but I called that D:< GIVE IT BACK TO ME" nonsense that little kids do on the playground during recess. Just throw up a profile and let me know when it's done, first come first serve unless you pm me and give me a darn good reason as to why I should reserve you a specific spot.

••• but being here right now that is my answer

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Throwing this up here to not be the nameless moocher. Heavy editing to come once I find the time. =P

Name: Laurel Curtiss

Pokemon Team: Cherrim (M), Ursaring (M), Weezing (F), Honchkrow (M), Mantine (F), Rhydon (M)

Appearance: Standing at around 1,7 meters of height, the first impression Laurel tends to give is closer to that of a housewife than a master coordinator. While the years have not been overly cruel to her skin or waistline, she is hardly anything particularly eye-catching either. Her wheat-colored hair is kept short, never reaching further than half the back of her neck, and her eyes are of a quite normal dark brown color, her skin the same fair pigment that most Sinnoh natives share.

In clothing, Laurel is equally normal, virtually always wearing a combination of modestly long shirt and skirt, both usually warm, earthen colors, fitting for a woman who holds no illusion of still being in her late teens. For this particular occasion, she chose a beige shirt, the sleeves of which reach all the way to her wrists, and a dark brown, ankle-length skirt, a similarly colored belt strapped around her waist for practical purposes.

Though she usually carries herself with a laid back, friendly air, there is one occasion where Laurel will, without fail, demonstrate precisely what got her her title. Give her a stage, be it a battle arena or a contest, and both Laurel's posture and manner may change to a point where it's hard to recognize her as the same person. In the spotlight, she still carries herself with an attention-commanding and elegant air that belies both her age and plain appearance.

Entry Post:

"Let's wrap this up, Monferno! Fire Spin!"

The crowd stared, a number of sympathetic 'ooh's and 'aaah's erupting from it as an imposing mass of flames welled out from the ape pokémon's mouth and straight towards the spritely grass type in front of it.

The trainer behind the pokémon, however, held her ground.

"Cheri..." the woman began, only to fall into silence with a mischievous smile mirroring that on the pink, cherry-blossom pokémon floating above the ground in front of her. Nothing more needed to be said on the matter.

"There seems to be no response from coordinator Laurel Curtiss!" the MC's voice boomed out from the loudspeakers above, "With her pokémon's appeals shut out by this magnificent Fire Spin attack, will this be the end for Eterna's legendary coordinator? Are we witnessing the birth of a new star?!"

The woman smiled for herself. This announcer was certainly milking the situation for all its worth, but that was fine by her, "Ready..."

The flames drew closer, there was noise all around, but to her, this was the only thing worthy of attention, the almost surrealy slow approach of flames towards pokémon. And then, just as the flames spread out into their characteristic spiral, the woman gave a brief nod.

"Go!"

Mesmerizing.

Both during the performance and for a good time after, this was the only comment the judges' panel managed to spit it out, the entire audience staring spellbound as the Cherrim danced effortlessly up between the flames, scattering beautiful pink petals around it which danced in the air for a split-second before the flames consumed them. Time and time again, it looked like the grass type had overplayed its good fortunes, that this time, the relentless blaze would catch up with it, but it always managed to veer out of the way at the last moment, unleashing a fresh show of petals in its wake.

"Petal Dance." the woman elaborated for the benefit of her dumbstruck opponent, offering him a sunny smile, "Pretty, isn't it? I really should thank you for setting up such a marvelous stage, and what better way to do it..." she raised up her hand in a conspiratory gesture as the Cherrim distanced itself from the blaze, elegantly somersaulting into the air above, "...than to give our contest a beautiful finish? Cheri, if you please..."

The spritely pokémon raised its leaves to the sun...and then there was light.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The room was warm and homey, rich in both furniture and persona memorabilia. Framed photographs from different stages of her life, of family and friends, mentors and rivals, lined the tables and walls, bright yellow sticky notes were attached her and there, markers of her territory, a sizable fish tank bubbled away quietly in the corner, and above it all, on the tallest shelf above the television set which was currently alive with the interviews and running commentary of the contest, her trophies stood in attention. All the way from the Little Kanto Coordinator runner-up to Sinnoh's grnad coordinator festival. The woman currently lying on the sofa with her feet nestled by the large, bearskin rug spread out over the floor, was only paying half-minded attention, however.

"...we did pretty good out there, eh Cheri?" she whispered, stroking the Cherrim lying on her lap.

The grass type gave a vague cooing noise in response, snuggling in a bit closer to Laurel's hand which had, to his way of thinking, not been doing as much grooming as it should. Chuckling lightly, the coordinator was about to oblige when her pokégear abruptly sprung to life. Her pokémon gave a disgruntled little noise at this, but one quick glance at the caller ID was enough for her to flick the video onto stop and turn her full attention to the little device instead, much to Cheri's displeasure.

"Papa," she replied cheerfully, "Long time no call!"

The grass type in her care grumbling slightly as it tried to make its position more cushy on its own, well aware that this could take a while.

"Oh, work is going just fine here." Laurel babbled on, nodding in confirmation, "No, no problems at all. It went smoother than expected, actually. How about you then? Really? That's great! So, why did you call me, then?" she leaned back in her seat just a bit, absent-mindedly stroking her indignant little Cherrim's head, "No, no, of course not." she chuckled slightly, "Of course you can call me without having something you need done, papa. Oh, you do have something you want done? What's that?" she tilted her head to the side, stroking her chin in thought, "Mmm...she said that, did she? Well, children will be children, I suppose, even special cases like her. It's probably just a phase. Oh, I know, I know it's still a problem. Of course. I understand. Yes, I'm sure they can keep things in order for me for a while. So, this contest..." the moment she mentioned the word, a shaded figure in the corner straightened its posture, another one shifting slightly in the fish tank. Up on the presently unlit ceiling lamp, the rustle of feathers became just barely audible, "...what contest is it, exactly? Oh?" her eyes widened slightly, a pleased smile slowly making its way across her face, "I see. Oh, no, no, no, it's not bother at all, papa. I'd be glad to. It should be fun. Yes, yes, I know it's still work. Don't worry, papa; I'm not a child anymore. Yes, yes, I'll make sure. I know how to handle children, don't worry. So I'll stop by on my way there, shall I?" she gave an approving nod, reaching fora piece of paper and penciling down a number of quick reminders on it, "Right. I'll see you in a few months then. Take care, papa. Love you."

The moment Laurel rose from her seat, the giant bearskin rug at her feet did the same...proving itself to be very much alive.

"Now, now, everyone..." the coordinator chided, turning to pat the enormous bear on the head in turn, "No need for such concerned looks; you're coming along. You all are," she turned to beam at the other occupants of the room, "We're going to go to another festival...and see an old friend of mine at the same time. It's going to be fun..."she lifted up an old, framed picture from the mantlepiece nearby, depicting herself from ten years ago next to a small girl with dark green hair, the latter hands clasped together in that slightly awkward way that young children usually hold onto seniors, "...isn't that right? Mi-Mi?"

Last edited:

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    lol aea-mama. :P ditching your profile to go beat up people. Shame.

Name: Mika Blackthorn.

Pokemon Team: Flygon, Dragonite, Gible, Salamence, Kingdra, Altaria

Appearance: Because it was a tournament, Mika couldn't get away with wearing normal comfortable clothing without someone somewhere pitching a fit and it probably wasn't smart to wear her Rocket Uniform regardless of just how well known she was in the upper tiers of the pokemon trainer society so she'd settled for her middle ground, her more ceremonial clothing. It consisted of a black dress, outlined in a soft emerald green trim that zipped up under a hidden flap, also trimmed in the emerald and fastened with onyx bars to prevent anything from peeling open that probably shouldn't due to modesty concerns and while the dress reached down to her mid thigh, the girl obviously didn't like even the risk of seeming inappropriate as she had a half trench in a inner black fabric and an outer dark green fabric securely attached to the waist that fanned out and around to the ground, the belt a soft silver that simply added contrast to the entire ensemble and it was on this particular belt that five of her six pokeballs could be seen, the last of which was on a onyx chain around her neck. On her hands she wore a pair of black arm socks that attached and shortened the opening with an emerald-clasp belt-like contraption with metal plates near the hands to provide extra support. As far as shoes went, she wore a pair of knee-high black boots that laced in the front, her feet much smaller than her 5'4 frame suggested.

Her hair, which is always tied up in some fashion, goes well past her waist when it's down and is a dark green shade, nearly black in its hue, and shimmers in the light. Her eyes, which tend to appear as though they change hues from a beautiful gem-like green to a more amber shade, particularly when her moods swing across the chart. On her shoulder, most of the time is her black sling backpack, large enough to hold all of her crap and yet durable enough that it doesn't have to have eight rolls of psyducktape spread all over it after ten minutes of dealing with Mika and the way she mauls things. Known to be hard on her things, it's a wonder that her bag is still together but people haven't really seen the inside. She keeps it padlocked and the key around her neck and tries to keep herself seperated from the group. Inside, beyond the normal items which include things like potions, pokeballs and berries, is a small silver box that tends to make the girl apprehensive, just by looking at it.

Entry Post: They smelled almost too sweet. They were fresh, that was certain and it was more than likely due to the fact she'd ordered them from Floaroma Town, and the rainbow of tulips and carnations in her hands smelled more high end then the ones grown around Route 1. She sighed, letting the wind pull the hair out of her partial pigtails, the air pushing the hair that remained unrestrained about almost wildly as she trudged across the plains to a small secluded site near the thick woods she'd never been allowed to play in as a child and as she came down the little hill, the semi short girl stepped up to the grave and kneeled, tucking her skirt modestly underneath her knees as she placed the floors snuggle on the stone covering up the inscription. Blinking, she lifted a hand out, her fingers touching the stone for a moment before it pulled back, "…It's been almost three years now, it's hard to believe that at this time four years ago we were having fun on the island. Fang always stole Luna's hair ribbon which would drive her crazy and Gulwee would run after her pidgey shrieking and laughing in the sunlight and I…I think that's the last tie I actually relaxed." She sighed, shaking her head and stood up, brushing the dirt off her skirt and turned, walking a few steps before she looked over her shoulder, "I might not come back for awhile but I think you'll be fine."

-----

"I can't take the limiter off."

"Why not!?" Her fist connected with her own palm, her nails digging through the fabric of her glove as she reattached her belt trench in the exam room and almost violently threw her hair back up into a high ponytail, a few lose strands framing her face, "It was your bloody idea to send me to this stupid competition and you're going to keep me at 30% of my power?"

The male sighed, brushing the blonde locks from his eyes as he leaned back in the spinning black office chair, tapping his pen on the desk "First off you don't have a choice in going to this for reasons I'm not going to repeat because you already know them." Sitting back further, he kicked his brown loafers up onto the desk top, his hands tucking behind his neck as he looked over at the girl, "Because you know if I had my way you wouldn't be out of this clinic for at least a month."

"I'm fine Kain."

"I know I know, you never need help from anyone." Kicking himself back, he stood, pulling a case out of the drawers behind him and rather forcefully shoved the case into her arms, "You will take these because I know you're going to push the limitor."

"Aren't you trustworthy." She shoved it back, crossing her arms, "I'm not taking those, I have no intention of using them. Not now, not ever again."

Sighing heavily, the male shoved his glasses back up onto his nose, the light hiding his eyes, "You always have to be so ridiculously difficult, don't you."

"Well we know how to fix that, now don't we."

"You truly are intending on keeping to yourself this entire tournament."

"I'm a damn scapegoat Kain. You know as well as I do that Lance is doing this to flush me out. He just won't give up, him and his bloody ideals, doesn't he realize, doesn't he realize…" she trailed off before shaking her head and picked up her backpack, "I've got a boat to catch."

"I'll have eyes on you."

"I'm not surprised."

He caught her wrist before she could leave, spinning her back around to face him, his gaze no longer in a joking sort of mood, "Listen. You're the heiress to the Blackthorn Clan in Blackthorn City and you were taken, whether you want to admit it or not, to Viridian when you were young by that idiot of a brother of yours. You're known among these high circles for the rumours circling the Alarayne scandal four years ago, people are afraid of you. You know Lance, your birth father, would love nothing more than to slap a collar on you. You can't go into this so… abrasively. It's like you want this to explode."

She shook off his grip, her eyes hitting the ground, "I know…. Don't talk to me like I don't know." She sighed, shuddering violently, "The nearest base isn't nearby, I don't' have to worry about that and if I just stick to myself I won't have to deal with curious questions. I'm hoping…to ride my reputation and just get through this thing and make sure…well, it's unimportant."

He sighed, letting it go, "I'm going to have eyes on you."

"I know other people from the Rockets are in the tournament. Who exactly are you sending to watch over your little pet project this time?" Her voice dripped with annoyance and sarcasm as she laced up her boots, "And I'm still not taking the case."

"That's fine." He laughed, ruffling her hair and dodging the swing and a miss that ensued, "Just be careful. Don't push the limitor too hard or you won't like the consequences."

"You really can't take it off?"

"Unfortunately, that goes against policy here at the Team Rocket Headquarters."

"You're disturbed."

"You're one to talk."

"…Touche."

"Now that we've settled on that, don't you have a boat to catch? Try not to eat too much or you'll get seasick again."

"…I don't know how she puts up with you."

"Oh you love me~" He laughed, his voice sing songy as she left the room before he sat down, the smile fading as he checked over the recent report he had just added to her file. He needed to call that person, make sure she kept an eye on the special snowflake of the Rocket Corporation before they had a repeat of that disaster.

Tapping the pen, he nibbled on his lip, mumbling under his breath, "Just what are you planning Lance… just what are you planning…."

----

She hated boats.

It wasn't really quite something that made sense as she never got motion sickness from anything else but boats, the bloody terrors of the deep, were her mortal enemy with their creaky creaks and the churning of the water underneath it, the smell of the coal being burnt and the overall enviroment, she couldn't stand it. This was why she was hanging half off the metal bar at this moment, watching, her eyes half open, as the Mountain and the fiasco under it came into view. It was just as she'd predicted, the people on the boat, which was more of a population than she'd expected, were running around with their smaller pokemon in glee at the coming tournament. All she could think about was getting off the boat and not vomiting over the side again. At least nobody was bothering her, she'd picked a secluded area, just a place where she could hide for the moment at least. When the boat finally lurched to a stop, she blended in as best she could, fingering the ball around her neck, waiting for Wallace to be even more flamboyant than he'd been previously. This tournament, it was all crack.

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Hmmmm, this sounds pretty interesting.

A question though, could it still seem logical for a 10 year old to have fought and won against one E4 (as seems to be the prerequisite to enter in the battle in of itself)? Regardless, I'd still want to RP a young person XD

I'll use this post as a sign up perhaps :)

(ahhh lol you like the same Pokemon as myself: Dragonite and Flygon) >.> Of which I was going to choose their first stage. Hmmm unless if combined histories... (the pokemon being parents...)

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    :P Seeing as you're technically 10 in every pokemon game and seeing what Ash/Red/Yellow did at 10 yes it's possible.

I don't mind if you chose the same pokemon as some one else as long as you don't carbon clone the party or the personality or the history of my character and I like the parent pokemon of a baby pokemon idea. it's cute. :P It might be good if you waited until I got my profile done because if it's too close to Mika I will ask you to redo your character. :3 Thanks for your interest.

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • Name: Jen Keil

Pokemon Team:

006charizard.png
    409.png
    302sableye.png
    418buizel.png
    210granbull.png
    466.png

Appearance: Jen has small cut hair that only reaches the top of her neck. She spikes her hair and looks a lot like a boy. She has a single bar piercing on her left ear that she got without her parents permission and has loved it ever since, though it did get infected a few times because she did it herself. Jen always wears normal blue jeans, a black and gray striped long sleeved shirt and black converse shoes. Around her neck is a simple silver chain necklace that she constantly wears, along with the dog tags of her deceased older brother. He was always her favorite and taught her how to be a fighter. Aside from that she keeps a black jacket in her black backpack that she always carries around because she is constantly picking things up from the ground: coins, shells, sparkly things...

Because of this, said shiny items can be seen dropping from her bag on occasion from bulging pockets that just seem to hold too much, even if the items are pure crap. In many ways, she has the characteristics of a Murkrow, and if someone said that to her, she'd be pretty amused and wonder what it is exactly that you're smoking. When it gets cold, she'll trade her long sleeved shirt for a much warmer black sleeved shirt that's a bit on the heavy side to keep her warm. While she doesn't mind the cold that much, if she could avoid it and go near a hundred degree climate area, she'll head over there. Atop that black long sleeved shirt (if its cold enough) is another jacket that she'll bundle up in. Then, if its freezing, like snow is everywhere and ice is creeping into her clothes, she'll snuggle up with Charizard.

Entry Post:

Jen is one tough cookie. Having had grown up with five brothers total and being the only girl puts you in that sort of position. She constantly likes to wrestle and have mock fights, even going so far as to wrestle a stray Mightyena that walked into her backyeard. The two had fallen in love with each other, but sadly Jen had to let it go. Jen can be pretty cheerful. In fact, she is almost happy all the time and rarely shows any anger unless for a just cause like against abuse, unfair laws and anything against her belief's or when she gets into a fight with one of her brothers. Jen hides her tears, which really doesn't matter since she doesn't cry all that often. When she falls and hurts herself, she takes it, unless its as bad as a broken bone, but unless a drama show is on that really affects her, she will cry silently.

As Jen grew up being the only girl in the family, with five brothers to boot, she has the tendency to act a bit too tough, thinking she has to prove herself. She doesn't like to be coddled, and no matter how tough a girl can be, there is always that unsaid boundary between a girl and boy, which is sad, because she doesn't know that many girls who have an adventure bone in them. She hates make-up, dresses and all sorts of girly things, which is in fact the total opposite of the girls she does know from school. Its regretful too, as sometimes her father will take the boys out for just a boys night out, which involves crazy stunt shows on the rare occassion, and Jen aboslutely loves that sort of stuff. Don't get it wrong, Jen's father loves her and always has time for his 'baby girl', but that's just the problem, she loathes being considered 'daddy's little girl' or 'daddy's princess'. While it may be the same for all girls, Jen still feels like she has to prove herself to be as tough as a boy, which is exactly why she will dress and act as one.

Jen grew up with five brothers, but was the third oldest. Her oldest brother, and favorite, Jarrett, died while serving in the army. He was a great soldier and pokemon trainer. His best pokemon, Skarmory, went down fighting with him. Jen now keeps his dog tags for herself. That was the first time she had ever cried so openly. When she held Jarrett's dog tags while they buried his ashes, along with his Skarmory's into the same grave, she vowed that she would make him proud. Her brother had wanted to become a pokemon trainer after the army, but Jen sometimes doubted he really would. Her brother loved serving too much, and she knew he would have been great, and that is why she vowed to protect his memory. With that vow, she placed the dog tags around her neck and has never taken them off since, even when showering or sleeping.

Jade's second oldest, Bobby, is a bit of a study nerd, and doesn't fight all that often, which sucks because when he does wrestle he's incredibly good at it. Jade's younger brother's, Mark and Owen, are only a year apart, Mark being the oldest and being one year younger than Jen. Aside from Jarrett, who is three years older than Bobby, they are all a year apart. Their family is close, but when news of Jarrett's death reached their ears, they were never the same again and closed off one another, and even till this day they aren't the same. That's why Jade wants to go on a pokemon journey, to get away from it all. She loves her family, but there is only so much one can take in a sad environment.

Beside's, she had a vow to make, and Jen is proud to say that she has already started on a good path. Growing up in Sinnoh near an independent professor, who was more of a breeder than scientist, gave her her fist pokemon, the now shiny Charizard. Happy with a pokemon that seemed strong and eager, Jen took off towards the first gym with goodbye's to her family, but with no regrets for leaving. After all, she was 17, now 18, and is old enough to start being on her own. After all, there are some parents crazy enough to send off 10 year olds!

Capturing interesting pokemon that proved to be good friends, Jen, much to her amazement and happiness, defeated the Sinnoh League. With Charmander as her trusty partner, and only pokemon at the time when she reached the first gym, unfortunately lost. The gym leader mentioned a mine where wild pokemon appear and that she should train there before returning. Happy with this advice, she set off, and eventually captured her first pokemon, Cranidos, whom is now a Rampardos. With his help, Jen managed to secure her first badge and then capture Sableye, a sneaky little thief who had enjoyed sneaking into people's homes to steal shiny things. She had caught the fiesty little guy when she saw him sneak into a home, but had been blamed when the owner heard noises. That had been a hard one to explain.​

Her next capture was right before the third badge. Buizel, like most of his kind, is arrogant, self-centered and believe's himself to be unstoppable. He also believes he doesn't need to evolve quite yet because he can handle anything in his present form. His attitude can be tough to handle, leading to many fights between him and Jen's starter, who had now evolved in Charmeleon by that time thanks to a tough battle against a troublesome Bagon. Grandbull, her next pokemon, was captured as a Snubull just like any regular pokemon. Jen had been looking through tall grass and had spotted this rare find. Thinking this would be a quick win, Jen sent out Buizel, but the arrogant water type lost to the big fanged pokemon, and has held a grudge ever since. Thankfully, Sableye took out the normal type by using its ghost powers to avoid any damage by normal type attacks.​

And finally, there is Electivire, who had been an Elekid at the time when Jen caught him. He had once belonged to a Coordinator, but as Elekid loathed the event, preferring brute strength than pretty little displays, he ran away after breaking his pokeball. Jen, however, does not know this story, nor do any of her other pokemon. She just assumes that she was lucky enough to find an Elekid, but Electivire knows that someday he might just run into his old trainer, but that doesn't worry him. With his power, and his bigger temper, he won't be able to do anything against him, unless he wants to suffer the consequences, of course...​

Barely a week went by when she won the Sinnoh League before she heard about this new tournament. Still eager for more battles, Jen took the ferry from Conclave and headed to Mt Silver, a supposedly intense but beautiful mountain in the Johto area. There, she hopes to continue her worth to her dead brother, whom she knows is watching over her, and to her pokemon as well, who train so hard and have become like family to her.​

Last edited:

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Wolfwhispers: first off, thanks for your interest. Second, you're nowhere near done with your profile.

For starters, you didn't follow what I requested for the History. The area where you gain your title is the area from which you go to Mt. Silver so because you're from Sinnoh you would've left from Canalave and the transportation was provided because people had to prove worthiness to get on said transportation. :P Secondly, your appearance "paragraphs" are both too short. You need double that descriptive information to be considered again. Last, the History just screams Stu. He's cold because his dad was a drinker and he was put into foster care. Okay, I've heard that before, I want to know what else he's done. What was his life like? Why is he cold, was he betrayed again? Has he ever tried to reach out? Details please.

To be honest, your character sounds like a carbon clone of Paul from Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, especially in the personality area. I don't see anything I haven't heard before and that, unfortunately, means that for the moment you are Declined. I encourage you to try again. Try and create a character that's your own and please, if you chose to edit, combine the personality and history, I did not separate them for a reason. It's supposed to be an intro, an rp sample that includes both your history and personality.

EDIT

I've had a few requests for a bit of clarification on the entry post sort of thing I've requested

Here's an example, taken from a YGO rp i'm involved in with the same basic concept. Click the Spoiler.

Spoiler:

You needn't make it this long but this is the general idea. I've stated personality, history, and a little tie into what the rp master of this roleplay requested. :P it really isn't that hard.

Last edited:
    Years
  • -Interested-

Name: Menes Aharon

Gender: Male (finally decided to RP as a guy for a challenge... girls are usually more fun... don't judge me)

Pokemon Team: Magnezone, Blastoise, Hypno, Weavile, Magmar, Smeargle

Appearance: Edit nonsense.

Entry post: More edit nonsense.

Expect the full thing either today or tomorrow.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023

Name: Dante Caelum

Pokémon Team:

flygon.png
    Flygon: Male, as energetic as Dante and very loyal and protective
    dragonite.png
    Dragonite: Female, acts motherly
    plusle.png
    Plusle: Male, plays with Dante's other Pokemon often
    minun.png
    Minun: Male, plays with Dante's other Pokemon often

charizard.png
    Charizard: Female, is very confident in its team and trainer
    aerodactyl.png
    Aerodactyl: Male, likes to cause an uproar, though loyal

Appearance: Dante a Caucasian, is short and skinny, but by all means energetic. Because of his liking towards Flygon, he sometimes will be seen wearing a costume, his mother had made for him, for a festival, even when said date has already passed. The costume consists of a beanie with two long green prongs, triangular-like wings, a green long sleeve shirt, and striped green jeans. Attached to the shirt is a small tail also stripped, with a three pronged triangle. He also wears goggles tinted red to complete the look. His shoes too, were green.

Dante has black hair, usually in the style of a bed head, and green eyes, and will usually be seen wearing black male capris and any plain coloured t-shirt. Though he will usually keep his goggles on his head. When the weather is colder, he will be wearing a black and blue zippered hoodie.

Entry Post: Dante was born and raised in Mauville City and is an only child. Being born in the "bright and shiny city of fun" was a perfect place for him to let out his energy. He very much enjoyed playing with other Pokemon, including his father's Arcainine and his mother's Pichu. His parents enjoyed the fact that their son was playful and confident with Pokemon. Though sometimes his short-temperedness gets the better of him, like when he tried to get his mother's Pichu to charge up his computer when the electricity went out. He might have been young, but the Pichu did not enjoy being poked or prodded, of which Dante paid electrifyingly for. This however did not faze him about Pokemon, but only seemed to strengthen his amazement of their power. This served to fuel his imagination of having a strong team when he would start with his own Pokemon. Like any other kid his age, he would fantasize about becoming a Pokémon champion. On a Pokemon holiday, his mother made him a costume of his favourite Pokémon, Flygon. And even after the holiday, he will still wear it at times, imagining the day that he might get to be friends with one. Though he was told that he'd have to raise it from its first stage of evolution. This disappointed him greatly, as he expected things to come easy, but was told that training and persistence pays off. He did not go 100% along with this at first, but accepted the fact that he would have to start at least with a Trapinch.

Others would have considered him eccentric, but others were also jealous of his carefree spirit, mostly due to his love for Pokemon. At school, some kids laughed at him, but he still had his group of friends, who were just as excited to become a trainer, minus the wearing of costumes. So at the age of 8, Dante and his father went on a father-son camping trip into the desert at route 111 on the intention to catch Dante's first Pokémon.

It didn't really go as planned however when the two of them got separated due to a sandstorm. Trying to find his way back, Dante accidently tripped over something in the sand. It was a Trapinch, though it did not look pleased from having been busy in the midst of digging. Dante, attempting to plead with it to not attack, the Trapinch reacted by blowing some more sand in Dante's already sandy face and hair then it appeared to laugh.

"Hey! That's not funny!" Dante responded. "I'm lost and can't find my dad anywhere."

Suddenly the Trapinch's demeanour changed and began scanning the area, as though looking for something. With a slight pause, it began running in a direction.

"Hey wait up!" Dante yelled now running behind it, attempting to cover his eyes.

Then he ran into something – or someone! It was his dad. Thanking the Trapinch, they were about to continue on their camping trip, when the Trapinch found one of Dante's dad's empty Pokeball, and opened it, absorbing it into the Pokeball. Just like that, Dante had caught a Trapinch.

Not being a fully licensed trainer however, Dante could not battle his Trapinch, which was fine, as most of the time, they would play together.

After six months with being with Trapinch, the family had decided to go on vacation. During a stop to the Kanto region, they had decided to go to the Safari Zone in Fuchsia City. His mother decided to go fishing as Dante and his father went exploring. His father had managed to catch an Eggsecute for himself, though Dante didn't have much luck with the Pokémon he tried to catch, while neither did his mother.

Dante, deciding to take over fishing from his mom, in no time, got a snug from the fishing rod. Pulling hard, Dante landed a Dratini. Managing to capture it with some bait, Dante added another friend to his team.

Before leaving the Kanto region, whilst exploring a cave as part of the tour on seafoam island, Dante came across some strange old amber, he didn't tell anyone about it, but decided to pocket it.

Trapinch was very appreciative of having a Pokemon friend to play with, and the three of them would spend days at the forest or at the park. Though Dante also spent his days studying, now that he was getting closer to being 10 years old.

Finally at the age of 10 (and passing his exams), he recieved his Pokedex, and registration.

He decided to begin his Pokémon journey in his own town. Training his Pokemon to be great combatants, he raised them with care and ultimately tried to help them become stronger. He then finally challenged the local gym leader Wattson the lightning specialist. Having the upperhand with both types of his Pokemon (Ground and Dragon), Dante. Wattson had known Dante for quite some time and was thrilled with the fight, so thrilled in fact, that he gave Dante two eggs, both had similar markings, though each had two different coloured pouches, one being red, the other blue. Wattson had the excuse that he was going to be busy soon, and needed someone to permanently take them. Dante now had his first gym badge, and full on responsibility with several Pokemon to look after.

His parents helped packed his things, and wished him good luck, as he decided to finally venture out and challenge other Pokemon trainers and gym leaders. He smiled and waved at them, as the bus he took, gained in distance. It was the first time he had truely been away from his family. He knew very much he would miss them. But he knew he had his Pokemon to keep him company, and soon he would have two more. After facing off and defeating his second gym leader, Flannery of Lavaridge town, the two eggs hatched, revealing them to be Plusle and Minun. Both of them were a hyper bunch, difficult to control. The would often play together, and wouldn't listen to anyone else. Dante had a lot of energy, being a kid, but even he could not make Plusle or Minun restless.

One day he got a bit too annoyed with them, and yelled at them at the top of his voice. This immediately quelled their energy. A Pokemon ranger who had not been too far off, heard him, and confronted him.

"Young man! These are Pokemon, not your soldiers, I highly suggest you take better care of them, or leave them with someone else who can do a better job." The ranger said.

Still seething with anger, Dante began walking away. Plusle and Minun looked at each other, then at the ranger. Dante stopped however, he wasn't sure why, did he think training would be this hard? After all Trapinch was very loyal to him. He turned around and asked the Ranger a question.

"Is it really this difficult to raise Pokemon?" He asked.

"Well yes and no, all it takes is time, love and trust." The ranger responded.

"You make it sound easy." Dante pointed out.

"Believe me, it is not, my Venasaur was never always loyal to me, it's something you just have to work on, not something that is going to occur overnight. I suggest you apologize to the two of them, and come with me." The ranger said.

So Dante apoligized to them, and recalled them to their balls. He followed the Ranger back to his house, and taught Dante how to help his Pokemon, and vice versa.

They soon proved to be a great help to the team. Dante was especially excelling in double battles, as he could use Plusle or Minun's cheer ability among other things.

All five of them continued their journey to challenge other gym leaders and trainers. They all enjoyed each other's company. When they were not training, they were playing, or exploring. During the many months they were together, their love and trust built up, making for a formiddable team.

His care for his Pokemon did not go unnoticed either. As his greatest test as a trainer so far, Professor Birch had given Dante a stubborn Charmander to look after for a week, as he had to go out on a business trip. After about half a day of attempting to take care of it, getting burned in the process, Dante was ready to give it back, regardless of where Professor Birch was. The Professor offered him some advise instead: "You know, if we could throw away our troubles, we wouldn't be where we are today, I suggest you tough it out a little longer". So Dante decided to take the Professor's advice, and despite still dealing with a stubborn Charmander, Dante decided to have Plusle and Minun attempt to play with it, to tire it out. Eventually this worked to extent, the Charmander appeared to be too tired to continue fighting. So for the next week, Dante, put up with the Charmander, even though it clearly did not listen to Dante. He began to question himself as a trainer, that if he could not take care of one Pokemon, that others would be the same. His Pokemon that were already loyal to him appeared to object, but Dante had made up his mind. On the last day of taking care of Charmander, he gave it back to Professor Birch, saying that he was not a good trainer. But Professor Birch, wouldn't hear another word of it. He put Charmander's Pokeball in Dante's hand and told him that Charmander was joining the party no matter what. Not all together reassured, Dante continued his journey, attempting to have Charmander cooperate in the process.

Dante's next stop was Rustboro City, there he not only challenged and defeated the gym leader, but also found out a bit about the Devon Corporation. There he was toured around along with several other tourists on what they did there. Dante was captivated in what he was hearing, he was further amazed, when he heard the tour guide mention the ressurection of prehistoric Pokemon, an example he gave was that of amber. Holding up an example for all to see, Dante yelled in shock as he realized it was similar to the piece he had recovered a long time ago. He pulled it out of his bag, knowing he kept it there for safe keeping. The guide, also amazed quickly shuffled Dante off to some scientists, where he said they would examine to see if the amber contained any Pokemon DNA. To his luck Dante was informed that Aerodactyl DNA was prevelant within the Amber sample. This excited Dante, only until he reminded himself at his inability to properly train his Charmander, it seemed to have a vendetta against him, everytime he let her out of its ball. He decided to decline the ressurection until he could properly work with Charmander.

He honestly couldn't understand what was wrong with it. Finally one day, he decided to abandon it, as Dante expected that is what it wanted. It still pained Dante to release him, dispite what he had been through. After releasing it, he waved to it, and began running away. It just stood there, confused, unaware of what to do. That same night, Dante kept having nightmares of it being harmed, and woke up in cold sweat. It was only 2 am but he decided to go looking for it, now regretting to have released it. Letting out his other Pokemon, they all attempted to look for it, trying to spot a firey light. Finally after 3 hours of searching in the forest where it had been released, Trapinch came across the unconcious Charmander. Dante felt its head and noticed it had a fever. He looked around, attempting to determine his own location, but realized he was lost. In the process of finding their way back, Charmander woke up.

"I'm so sorry," Dante cried. "I'll never abandon you again. Oh man... I'll get you to the Pokemon Centre." He purposely did not mention that they were lost, as the Charmander fell back asleep. By day break however, Plusle and Minun managed to find the main pathway, and they ran back towards Rustboro city's Pokemon Centre. And after that day, Charmander was willing to listen to Dante more often, though still acted stubborn at times. Dante realized then that Pokemon training would never be a cake walk. Though the guilt of his abandonment would stick with him forever.

Confident enough in continuing his training, he went back to the Devon Corporation, allowed them to continue, and eventually ressurect Aerodactyl.

Upon ressurecting, Aerodactyl acted timid and slow, discouraging the scientists. Allowing Dante to keep it, the scientists believed the sample Dante had given them was not the best. However Dante helped and trained Aerodactyl, so it could be confident with itself, and eventually be a great battler.

The first trainer that Dante fought with his Aerodactyl after lots of training, was a great test for Aerodactyl to help it be a better battler. Fighting against an ice type, Aerodactyl easily lost. This only served to anger Aerodactyl, so that when Dante helped it train some more, that it was now trying too hard, tiring itself out. After its fifth straight loss, Aerodactyl appeared to give up. Dante knew he would never abandon it (now). But he wanted to tell Aerodactyl to not give up like he did, that to train was their best weapon. Finally a breakthrough with the sixth trainer, Aerodactyl had defeated the fire Pokemon it was against.

Five more badges remaining, Dante did some heavy training with his Pokemon, so they could all gain confidence. However a lot of the days were spent having fun and playing with each other. Nonetheless, the trust they had for each other was strengthened (especially for the newer Pokemon). On several occasions he had to challenge a gym leader twice or even three times as his over confidence got the better of him, and ultimately made him loose. His short-temperedness however, did not best him, but even then he couldn't help be angry at the gym leaders too good. To which they would usually respond that he would only need to train more.

"Easy for you to say." Dante would usually retort. Nonetheless he decided to take their advise and help his Pokemon get stronger. Which usually meant training with each other, or facing against other trainers. Dante was encouraged when he would see them win, and even if they lost they could still persevere, after all, they were all still here. He would love them just the same. Over time, their training and combating paid off in wins as well as evolutions.

Finally after defeating the five remaining gym leaders, Dante's team was ready for the Hoenn League Champion competition.

Flygon, Dragonite, Plusle, Minun, Aerodactyl, Charizard and Dante, were all determined to fight and win after all, it had been nearly one year in the making. With plenty ups and downs. The competition was fierce but Dante was still full with excitement. When the rounds with the double battles occurred, Dante, took advantage of that, and easily cleaned the field with his Plusle and or Minun aiding Dante's team. In single battle, Flygon, Dragonite and Charizard would also do their best using their powerful attacks and speed, to prevent the other team from getting a chance to hit. However, the most difficult battle was against Drake, his dragon Pokemon had easily defeated both Flygon and Dragonite, and with a little bit of luck and encouragement, Dante was able to pull through, with Aerodactyl's ice fang. Dante could finally move on to the Championship round.

Battling the champion Wallace, the water-type trainer, ended up being an even easier battle than Dante expected. Using all Dragonite, Plusle and Minun, Dante easily took advantage of the Wallace's water type weakness. Thus Dante won the Championship, the crowd astounded at the result, as especially he was still young.

Back at home from his Championship titled win, Dante was taking a well deserved break. He had been watching a cartoon when suddenly some breaking news appeared. The news was about a competition being held in the Johto region. And that to register one would have to phone the Professor of their region. Before Dante could find out any more details, because of banterings on the television, the transmission was cut short. But this did not stop Dante wanting to register regardless. So as fast as he could, he phoned Professor Birch. Or at least attempted to do so, as the phone line kept giving a busy signal. Finally after about an hour, Dante was able to get through to a much disgruntled Professor Birch.

In the six months between the waiting, Dante, went back to school to further his education, as well, he had helped Wattson in maintaining the gym, while maintaining the health of his own Pokemon. After six months as stated on the news, Dante received a ticket in the mail for a special ferry to Johto, then to Mt. Silver that would be arriving in a few days.

Preparing for his departure, Dante was essctatic that he could have the chance to participate in a Pokemon battle in another region. Finally, on the day the ferry was to arrive, Dante decided to put on his Flygon constume, and his parents drove him to Slateport City. There he saw a descently sized yacht waiting for his, and other trainers arrival. He noticed the Captain was at the boat's entrance waiting for people to enter. Walking up and handing the Captain his ticket and Pokedex, he was validated to board the ship. Waving back to his parents, he promised them he'd win the championship for them. Finally the ferry took off, Dante watching his family gain in distance once again.He knew he wouldn't be gone as long so he didn't miss them as much as when he first left. On board he looked around watching other trainers, and somewhat feeling out of place, as he appeared to be the youngest on board. After the sea faring journey, they were to join in the transportation to Mt. Silver. Dante was marvelled of its beauty as they arrived at their destination. He was also taken aback however when he noticed how heavily guarded it was, wondering why that this was necessary. Finally coming to a stop, Dante moved amongs the crowd looking at the guarded entrance in anticipation knowing this was going to be an exhilirating time.

**Continually editing, thanks for the pointers**

Last edited:

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Quick Reminder
    I'll have my profile up but with the exception of myself and Alter [because he contacted me and gave me legit reasons], the titles are first come first serve which means if someone gets a profile up and completed, it doesn't matter if you posted first, it matters who finishes first. I don't care if it's heartless, i'm not spamming 3 pages waiting for apps to get done. :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2009
    Name: Seth Secuim

Pokemon Team:

• Eevee
    • Rapidash
    • Pidgeotto

Appearance:Seth is of an everage , slightly athletic build. He has been trying to lose weight and you can see that from his figure. He has jet black hair with a blue, red and orange streak -one for each of his pokemon- in it. He has round, large brownish eyes which look blue when in the sun -pretty weird- which makes people confused. He has lightly tanned skin but it goes even more tanned when in the sun.

Seth is supposed to wear his ranger uniform but he doesen't like it and since he is head ranger at one of the bases he can wear his own uniform. He wears black and grey sunglasses that he even wears during winter -again, weird- which most people look weirdly at. He also wears a white t-shirt that has orange trims around it and covering the t-shirt he has a large white leatherish jacket. On his legs he wears white denim jeans which have the 'rugged' look to them. Finally, -yay its the end of this part- he wears white trainers which are plain and he loves them. :)

Entry Post:
    Seth woke up to the blaring alarm.

"Oh damn it" He said as he reached over to the clock and literaly broke it. He got up not even caring about the clock as it was the last thing on his mind. Seth lived in a pretty basic bungalow in Jubilife city with his pokemon. He slowly walked through the corridor in his usual slumping manner.

"Bring......Bring!......BRING!" Seth jumped and grabbed the phone just to get that annoying voice to shut up.

"Hello," Seth muttered.

"Seth, you are like an hour late as usual and we are in the middle of a big operation so only Betty will be there, she made cookies for us all and there is a few for you."

"Ah, Betty she is such a reliable operator, she is not only good for helping you with operations but she can also make damn good cookies" Seth smiled and quickly had a quickish shower and got ready. He looked at his pokemon to decide which one he would take today, he looked up at his schedule and saw that it was Rapidash's turn to help him. Just before he went out he looked at his mail. He then saw the weirdest of letters. It was hand-written so he opened it and read it over a few times in disbelief. He had been invited to compete in the Silver Tower Tournament. The tournament was well-renowned in Jubilife and all the ranger's talked about hoping to manage to get to the tournament. He quickly rang up the base.

"Hello, this is the best operator in Sinnoh, operator Betty at your service how may I help you?" Betty answered.

"Betty, eat my cookies please and I won't be at work today and I will go on holiday because I have been invited to go to the Silver Tower Tournament and I have no idea when I'll be back." Seth said as he said goodbye to Betty and hung up. He then dashed upstairs and started packing for the tournament.

Hope you like my sign up :) :)

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Seriousness: ...yeah. You didn't read the plot or you'd know that your entire history is almost completely wrong in its entirety and your personality had no real contrast to it. Thank you for your interest but I don't see a real place for you in this roleplay. Plus, just a tip, don't use smilies in your sign ups, it comes across as rather immature and beginner and this roleplay is not, by any means, a beginner's roleplay. Declined.

FYI. My profile's done.

Feign I know you're probably not quite done but I've already noticed a mistake. If he became the honorary league champ in hoenn, he'd catch the ferry in Slateport. And I need you to clean up your history, perhaps minus the word Suddenly oh so many times and a hair more detail if you wouldn't mind? It's very basic and I need it to be more detailed if you wanna participate in this roleplay. ^^ Oh, and I don't think Halloween exists in the pokemon world. o.O It's not celebrated in Japan to the best of my knowledge and isn't mentioned in the game/manga/anime to the best of my knowledge. Also, [sorry for the constant editing] you should have 6 pokemon and remember, you DID beat the hoenn league. Did you REALLY beat them with that party/could you beat them with that party?

Also, i think your time concept is off. If you think about it, you should be at least 11 if not 12 simply from your own history o_O For the moment you're Declined as I don't do pending. :P

Last edited:

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Name: Rhea Culmer

Pokemon Team: Dragonair, Pidgeot, Lapras

Appearance: Rhea was short, about 5 feet 3 inches, and very skinny, with long, gangly limbs. She had very fine mouse-brown hair, cut short and swept dramatically over her right eye. In one of her commonplace fits of boredom, she had streaked her hair with dark red hair dye in an attempt to make it more interesting, focusing especially on the section draped over her eye. She had a heart-shaped, pale face with a penchant for getting horrendously sunburned when she was on duty, along with a thick spattering of freckles across her cheeks and the bridge of her nose. The aforementioned nose was short and slightly upturned, giving her a cute and piglike appearance. Her eyes were a very dark shade of chocolate-brown, wide and spaced far apart. She had long eyelashes but very wispy, almost unnoticeable eyebrows the same color as her hair. She had full lips, usually chapped and dry because she spent so much time outdoors. Rhea had very tiny hands and feet in comparison to her arms and legs, which were pale and freckled like her face.

As for clothing, she had changed from her standard Sevii Island Ranger uniform (black shorts and scarf, red jacket and beret, tough hiking boots) to suit the needs of the tournament. She had kept the khaki, calf-high, lace-up boots, worn and dusty as they were, since they were really the only footwear she was used to wearing on a regular basis. She had replaced the shorts with heavy black tights and a flowy, knee-length maroon skirt which was cut in layers of thin fabric, much like a wedding cake. This made for a rather absurb ensemble, but Rhea didn't really care - it was the only clothing she owned that was nearly formal enough for such a momentous occasion. As a top she had opted for a plain white camisole layered under a huge, thick, steel-gray turtleneck sweater, nearly swallowing her up in layers of heavy wool. Rhea had cinched her black Ranger belt over that and clipped her Pokeballs to it, hoping the belt was presentable enough. Finally, to complete the outfit, she had added a plain black headband and clipped her fanny pack onto her belt, slipping it under the first layer of the skirt in a halfhearted effort to hide it.

Entry Post:
    She woke suddenly and rather irritably, scattering a frantic cloud of startled Pidgey from the trees overhead. The alarm setting on her watch was beeping shrilly, seeming very out of place among the narrow and sparsely wooded Sevault Canyon.
    Rhea sat up exhaustedly, feeling the dirt crunch disgustingly in her boots and in the folds of her clothing. Her Pokemon were restless - she could feel the slight rocking of the three Pokeballs clipped to her belt, which meant that they were anxious to return home and rest. She was too, actually - it was all Headquarter's fault for sending her out so far from her assigned island; all their fault for exhausting Flicker and making her fight a gang of illegal poachers with only Storm; all their fault for making her sleep in the canyon and fly back in the morning to deliver her assignment results.

Sometimes Rhea hated her job. Being a rookie Ranger, fresh out of training, she had only been running solo assignments for four months. What really stung was that right after she had cleared training, the age limit had been lowered from fifteen to fourteen. So, parents were allowed to send their kids out by themselves with only a dinky little starter Pokemon and a map to travel the world at the age of ten, and she had to be fifteen to join an organization where people did pretty much the same thing under strict supervision? What kind of messed-up world was this?

She cut that thought off and sent out Flicker, pausing a moment to admire the way the sunlight glinted off her sleek nutmeg-cream wings and proud head. The same pause also gave her time to notice the telltale dullness in the Pidgeot's eyes and the tired droop in her wings.

Headquarters was nuts, Rhea decided again once they were in the air, Seven Island dwindling behind them and the rocky shape of Six Island on the horizon. Now she had a decision to make: stop at Five Island for a break or attempt to fly nonstop to Three Island? Decisions, decisions.

In the end she was forced to make a flying leap off Flicker's back just past the coast of Four Island, fumbling for her Pokeballs as the exhausted bird collapsed under her weight. Floe just barely appeared under them, right in time, giving Rhea a stern look as her trainer collected her wits and set about apologizing profusely to Flicker.

She felt awful, she really did. I shouldn't have tried to fly nonstop. I hope Floe can make it to Three Island in these tough waves. Will Flicker be okay? Will I be able to get them to a Center on time? For a trainer, she really hadn't known her Pokemon for that long of a time - Storm had been a lucky catch in Fuschia City's, her hometown's, Safari Zone at the age of thirteen on a vacation trip; Flicker had been caught on Three Island as a Pidgeotto when she was in Ranger training at fifteen; Floe had been a prize from a Four Island tour guide when she correctly answered all forty Pokemon-related questions after a tour when she was fourteen. Rangers were expected to have strong bonds with their Pokemon, however, so Rhea had done her best. But is it enough?

The Lapras swam slowly but steadily through the choppy water, doing her best to keep her back level. Rhea gave Flicker a quick squirt of Super Potion and returned her to her Pokeball, the guilt gnawing insistently in her stomach. She was almost relieved when Three Island finally came into view.

After a quick stop at the Pokemon Center, Rhea hurried down the road to Ranger headquarters. She was damp, dirty, and exhausted, so her frusturation was unbelievable when she skidded through the doors and found only a secretary at the desk, with no sign of the others. She swallowed that fury as the woman turned too look expectantly at her, her Clefable continuing to sort papers by her side.

"The chief said to give the first Ranger who came back this." She tossed Rhea a heavy, sealed envelope and gave her a skeptical squint. "Are you sure you're the one? He did say the first."

"Where's everyone else?" Rhea asked her as politely as possible, trying to keep her voice at an audible level.

The woman waved a manicured hand. "There was some emergency on Six Island involving the ruins. Every single Ranger was deployed there. Now, shoo." She waved Rhea away briskly. "He said to tell you that you're to leave as soon as possible. Don't bother with the mission report."

"Um ..." Rhea started.

Her attention had already returned to her paperwork. "Chief's orders."

There was a note attatched to the envelope: Leave immediately for Mt. Silver. This qualifies as an assignment. Read the contents of this package on the way there. PS - Dress nicely.

Well, this was strange. But orders were orders, which was why Rhea found herself several hours later, dressed up and sitting uncomfortably on a rattling bus seat as it pulled away from Pallet Town. Poor Flicker was exhausted again, but it had been the only way to get to Pallet once the Seagallop Ferry had arrived in Vermillion City.

She tore it open. You have been cordially invited to a tournament ...

Her jaw dropped. Me? There has to be some mistake.

She remembered the secretary droning, "There was some emergency on Six Island involving the ruins. Every single Ranger was deployed there."

Every single Ranger ... except me? It was obvious, now - they had forgotten her. Someone else had been invited, not her.

She skimmed further down the page with increasing panic. You have been chosen to represent the Kanto Rangers ...

Oh, snap.

She shot up out of her seat, scattering papers everywhere and earning herself several disgruntled looks. "Can I get off? Now? Please?"

The driver chuckled. "Sorry, miss. One-way to Mr. Silver only, no stops. Didn't you hear? There's a big tournament about to take place."

Rhea sank back into her seat. Yeah, I heard.

... And I'm in deep trouble.

---

A/N: Hope this works.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Lynnx o__o Holy cow yes. Yes that works. Accepted. Very nice. <3 Nice to meet you and the Kanto Ranger spot is yours.

Feigon It's still really choppy and feels point to point for me. Try and clean up the transitions and make sure you leave room for error, I don't see alot of struggling, I see alot of child prodigy goodness. I need to not see that to accept you. Therefore, as much as I hate to keep making you redo it but I feel like I need to. :/ still Declined for the time being.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Alright, but only cuz you was gonna cut meeeeeeee.

Name: Robert Langdon Nash

Appearance: Your first impression of Robert Langdon Nash- "Don't call me Bob"- is probably a mixed one. Neither particularly tall or short, Robert stands at about the average height of a man his age, but his relaxed posture can sometimes cause him to seem a bit shorter than he actually is- though not by much. Also causing mixed impressions would be his facial expression. Though Robert is usually fairly observant, keeping an eye on his surroundings with the trained observational skills of a veteran trainer and ranger, his bright blue fedora usually obscures this, since he wears it at such a rakish angle over his eyes it's really a wonder that he can see past the brim. Also obscured by the hat is the fact that Robert has the most incredible shock of flaming red hair in Sinnoh (in fact, were such things judged, he'd probably win a record.) The hair itself is cut short, save for a long ponytail in the back that escapes the hat and travels down to Robert's shoulderblades. One might also consider the token goatee Robert wears in the absence of any other facial hair rather off-beat, and giving the image of a somewhat laid-back individual (which isn't too far from the truth). Of course, should Robert lift the fedora, one might be surprised by one other thing about his appearance- his eyes are heterochromatic, one brown, one green.

More puzzling is Robert's take on the official Ranger uniform. As this is a special event and not merely a routine mission, he has rejected wearing the traditional ranger uniform, instead opting to show his rank by displaying the capture stylus on his wrist and his rank insignia as a pin on his shirt collar. Instead of the traditional Ranger's vest, Robert has elected for a simple red, cotton button-down shirt left open, as well as a white T-Shirt beneath. He has exchanged his usual Ranger's trousers for a pair of jogging pants, both functional and easy to manuever in- after all, a Ranger's mind and body are his greatest assets. It's obvious that Robert's build is athletic- though hardly a heavyweight, he boasts the build of a featherweight boxer and a skilled athlete. This is hardly unusual for a ranger, so it often goes unnoticed by those who know Robert's profession best. What does attract attention is the Pokemon who stands beside Robert as his partner- and the medals pinned to his shirt's interior in lieu of the badges sometimes carried by trainers, each one an award for distinguished service, in a long and impressive career.

Title: Chief Ranger of Sinnoh

Pokemon Team: Lucario. It's Robert's only Pokemon that he owns, though he has no qualms in using his stylus to gather wild Pokemon to help him. For the tournament, he's been authorized to borrow two more Pokemon on loan- a Wailord, for transport to Johto, and a Pidgeot for long-distance flights. Neither Pokemon has been trained to battle, and as such neither is used in battle situations by Robert.

Entry Post: Halycyon Days

Down. Shift weight left- shift right. Kick, punch, block- block, kick. You're doing good, just keep it up.

Robert leaned back just in time, avoiding another palm slam from his Lucario, who was grinning as he read his movements and easily leaped out of the way of his retaliating kick, an almost cheeky grin on his face. Robert couldn't help smiling, covered in sweat and aching though he was from the day's exercise. Riley was by far a better fighter than he was, despite years of practice, and the Lucario knew it. Had the Pokemon been taking the battle seriously, in fact, Robert wouldn't have lasted this long. With the Lucario's ability to read aura and predict moves before they were actually made, it was able to easily match and counter anything its human trainer could throw at it. It was only due to the fact that the Pokemon had been pulling its own punches until now that Robert was upright, in fact. Still, the exercise was good for both of them- practice in reading aura and keeping in sparring condition for Riley, and the most intensive martial arts training available for no cost for Robert.

Riley charged again, this time jabbing with his right- a feint, Robert realized just in time to bring up his arms to block the actual attack. Then, he struck, grabbing the Pokemon's arm in an iron grip and flipping his Lucario over his shoulder before releasing it. Riley simply continued grinning as he twisted in mid-air, landing on his feet before lunging again. Robert barely managed to avoid the blow, which would have floored him had it connected, or at the very least taken an arm out of commission. "No fair," he complained as he breathed heavily, taking up a 'ready' stance again. "You could at least PRETEND that we're on even footing."

Again, Riley flashed a cheeky grin, and said nothing- not, of course, that he could say anything in English.

Robert decided to try a different tactic- distraction. Banter could sometimes distract Riley from his aura-reading long enough for Robert to pull off a cheap shot attack. "So, we've got a vacation from official duty coming up," he said in a conversational tone as he steeled his muscles for the next strike. "Anything in particular you want to do?"

The Lucario simply grinned and shook its head, then barked once. Its meaning was plain to Robert. "What do I want to do? I don't know, that's why I'm asking you!" he responded, coupling the response with a quick feint to test the effectiveness of his conversational distraction. Riley didn't jump at the bait. No good then. He'd have to work harder. "Surely there has to be something. I know I'm not in the mood to go back to the beach down at Canalave for the eighteenth time to meet up with my cousin, are you?"

Riley gave a slight growl of agreement, suddenly lunging with his own attack and catching Robert off-guard. He brought up an arm, deflecting the strike from reaching its intended target- but only just. Still, despite his Lucario's aggressive tactic, he couldn't help chuckling at the response. "Yeah, listening to him going on and on and on about those iron mines of his really isn't my idea of a good time either," he admitted. "So anywhere else? We could go cruising the wilderness... looking for wild Pokemon, having a few pickup battles with local trainers... hey, it could be like old times."

To his surprise, Robert saw that these were the words that produced the desired effect. His Lucario's eyes glazed over for a moment- but it was enough. He lunged. Riley's eyes widened and he tried to block- but was a moment too late to stop Robert's kick from knocking his legs out from under him, causing the Lucario to topple to the ground. Robert chuckled. "And that, old friend, is one to one. We're tied going into the final round. Are you ready?"

Riley picked himself up, eyes gleaming as an evil grin spread across his face. Robert's grin faded. "Don't tell me you're-"

Whump!

The air rushed out of Robert's chest as his Lucario moved at blinding speeds, deliving a bullet-fast punch to his stomach. Though the Mach Punch didn't have a fourth of the total power the Pokemon could put behind it, the desired effect was accomplished. Robert collapsed onto his rear, utterly beaten. Riley smirked, before walking over to his fallen trainer and offering a hand.

Just as Robert reached out his own hand to receive it, however, his ears detected a certain sound. That sounded like...

WHAM!

"Chief! Chief, where are you? I just got some news and-"

The young ranger- barely inducted into the corps., and with only one or two missions below his belt by the looks of him- stared at the scene in front of him. Chief Ranger of Sinnoh, Robert Nash, lay on his backside in a pool of sweat, which had already soaked through the white tank-top he wore in lieu of his uniform, which was hung up in a back corner of the Ranger Chief's quarters- which, upon Robert's taking up residence in them, now doubled as a dojo of sorts for his and Riley's frequent off-duty sparring sessions. "Oh, Chief, I'm sorry if I'm interrupting anything but-"

"At ease, junior," Robert wheezed, pulling himself to his feet with the help of his Pokemon. "We were just... just finishing." He glared daggers at his Lucario. "You know... would it kill you to not dump me on my ass five minutes before someone shows up to ask me something?" he asked the Pokemon, who simply grinned again and shrugged. He returned his attention to the junior ranger, who even now was trembling and absolutely nervous. He smiled, slightly. It reminded him of his own first time adressing the Chief ranger- he hadn't known what to expect. He had overcome it, though, and in time this boy would too- already he was calming down, gaining control over himself. "State your business," he replied, smiling. "Don't worry, we don't bite." He glanced at Riley. "Or, well, I don't." The Lucario growled angrily and gave him a sideways glare, but said nothing.

The exchange had the desired effect. The junior ranger's remaining nervousness faded as a smile spread across his face and he saluted. "Sir, I heard you've decided to take a vacation recently?"

Robert nodded. "Yes, I have, though I don't remember mentionining it to anyone... Riley?" The Lucario shook his head and shrugged. "Huh. Carry on, then."

The young ranger nodded, almost hyperventilating in his excitement. "Well... I was talking with some of the senior rangers, and they said something about you being a Pokemon trainer before you joined up with us, sir- one of the best, they said, one of the people in the running for champ. Is that true?"

Robert raised an eyebrow. It had been a while since anyone had brought up that portion of his past. "It is... though I wonder what this has to do with my vacation."

The junior spilled into an explanation. "Well, you know that huge tournament the just announced all over the radio and stuff? The other juniors and I, we were wondering-" he blushed, unsure of whether he should continue.

Robert raised an eyebrow. "Wondering?"

"We were- that is- we were wondering if you were taking your vacation right now because you planned to enter, sir."

A light seemed to click in the back of Robert's head as he shook his head. "No... no, that wasn't my intention when I picked now to take a vacation... in fact, I was wondering exactly what I should do with my vacation now that I've decided to take one. But now I wonder..." He turned to face Riley. "What about it? If we qualified... hey, it would be just like old times again."

The Lucario grinned. It was all the answer Robert needed. "Junior, what's your name?"

"Penn, sir. Terrence Penn," the junior replied, standing at full attention.

"Then Terrence, can you do me a favor?"

"Anything, sir."

The junior was bursting with pride by now, an image that Robert couldn't help chuckling at. "Go down to the station proper and call up Professor Rowan," Robert ordered, grinning. "Ask him what the qualifications are for this tournament."

Terrence dashed off so quickly that he left a dust trail in his wake- rather difficult, since the ground surrounding the Sinnoh ranger headquarters, particularly the Chief's quarters adjoining the main dining hall, was marshy- as was all the ground in Pastoria. He returned a few minutes later, panting heavily. "I- I told Rowan and he said- said you passed with flying colors," he gasped. "Said you... could get started immediately."

Robert nodded, pleased. "In that case..." he turned to Riley. "Come on. We'd better see about getting ourselves some transport. It's a long way to Mount Silver."

Riley grinned and licked his lips in anticipation.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Scarlet Weather: Heh. Yeah yeah yeah. *rolls eyes* I'll accept you. But I'll still bite you. *chomps* Sinnoh Ranger is yours.

Feign You made alot of improvements and as such, you've fixed it up enough to be accepted however, if you don't mind I think you made a typo. o.O Wallace is not electric man. He ships skitlord. *fished*

For those of you that have yet to finish your apps, please check the taken before letting me know you've finished. :P

Clow

I foresee.... A bright future
    Years
  • I hope this works well enough, it was quite a bit of work, hope no ones mad at me for trying to swipe the Sinnoh Champ ^^;

Name: Arthur "Arty" Elford Linden

Pokemon Team:
    Weavile
    Togakiss
    Leafeon
    Luxray
    Quagsire
    Aipom

Appearance: A mid height, somewhat slender young man. He was once a bit flabby, but years of walking has cured him of that flaw, though he still hasn't really gained much muscle tone as a result. His skin tone is, at the very least slightly tan, for someone from Sinnoh at least, do to his habits of vacationing in tropical areas. One of his most striking features is Artie's bright Red hair. His hair is long in the back is double braided into a ponytail (To us it would be in a somewhat Asian style ) reaching down just bellow his shoulders. In the front his hear as a bit more odd, not quite parting down the middle, the left side being somewhat long, and pushed to the side, right above his eyes, while the left hangs down, being far shorter, creating a unique hairstyle that seems to work well for him. His eye are a oddly soft shade a yellow looking kind, if not a bit wild.

As for clothes Arty likes to have a bit of flair, but at the same time not look to be a show off. As Sinnoh is one of the more colder areas Arty is often seen in his trade mark jacket. It's at first glance a normal black leather jacket, but the collar is cover with pure white fur. Its outside is lined with bright yellow buttons as are the cuffs. The Jacket is often buttoned up half way, fully in the colder areas, all of the buttons undone in warmer, and only one it's hot, occasionally when Arty is being worked up by a good battle is it ever removed. Under the jacket is a dark grey tee shirt, with black trim around the sleeves and a odd yellow V shape starting at the chest and ending at the shoulders. The shirt is also interestingly designed as its black collar raps around ones neck with a button. He also wears black gloves with the same fur trim as the jacket. For lower wear he sports white dress pants as a way to bring the look together with the jacket on or off. Finally he wears some rather fitting red running shoes, though they have no laces, rather there kept on with a large yellow strap. Also around his wrist we wears a custom black poketech with a dark yellow trim, purposely mimicking the old school Pokegear he had one he was a kid.

Entry Post

"Hello! This is Kinsey of Jubilife TV, you're watching-"

"Pokemon Now!"

A pretty young reporter said, her Chatot cutting her off and announcing the name of the show. Kinsey only laughed and patted the parrot pokemon on the head with a cheerful smile, perfect for TV. "Today we have a special segment, as most of you know, the Silver Tower Tournament is coming up, and we have been lucky enough to dig up some information on one of the competitors in our own region of Sinnoh!"

"Very exciting, Very exciting!"

"Today we will be discussing a trainer by the name of Arthur Lendin, a rather cute young man that's entering as the Sinnoh League Honorary Champion."

"Very cute. Very cute"

Kinsey blushed a bit shooing her cheeky Chatot away as a picture of the trainer for mentioned appear on screen. "R- Right.. moving on, First born in Violet city within the Johto region, he moved to Veilstone City with his mother at age 11, after his parents had a divorce. Are sources have told us this event wasn't particularly dramatic, but it was what brought Arthur to our region."

She said pause as some quotes appeared above her as she put her palm under them looking and sounding very professional "Author began his pokemon journey shortly after arriving in Sinnoh, we've quoted him from a previous interview saying "I love both my parents, but it wasn't quite the same with just mom.... So I went off on my own, well, with my pokemon at least." end quote."

Soon those quote vanished and a blank video screen appeared Kensey "Next we have found a few people that have met Arthur, this was actually a hard task to accomplish, though Arthur appears social, we weren't actually able to find many of his friends."

"Very odd, very odd"

Kinsey then directed the view to the no longer blank screen, a young girl looking to be about ten or eleven appear "Oh yes, Arty was very nice to me, he taught me a lot back when I was in trainer school. I think it might be thanks to his tutoring I made such high marks." She said smiling sweetly, the screen fading.

The screen came back to life as a kindly looking old man appeared. "Uhm.. Yes as I recall, the boy was very strategic, good with his pokemon too, very strong.. He won the battle, and I gave him a bit of healthy advise after... But I don't think he took me very seriously, he was rather polite I suppose, but he didn't seem to show any respect…"

The screen went to the next person, a teen that would best be described as "punk" with green hair, a few piercings, and an angry scowl on his face"Yah, I saw him around Veilstone, real attitude, though I guess he could back that up… He really annoyed the hell out of me!"

The green haired youth was cut off a bit early, most likely to keep the broad cast family friendly and went to a good looking girl, looking to be about 18. "Yah he was really charming, and he seemed to really caring with his pokemon, a real sweet guy.... But then he started hitting on me, and he was coming on pretty strong… I really didn't know what to make of it.." She said trailing off, looking as if she was pondering the event, as Kinsey stopped the quick slide show.

"This just in, it seems we've found Authur! Seems he's at Snow point city, we have Roxy on scene." Kinsey said the screen instantly switching to another young reporter in more winter based attire running through the snow.

"This is Roxy of Jubilife TV with my camera man Oli! Here at the frigid Snow point city, here tracking down Authur Elford Lendin, who we suspect is about to board a boat for Johto." The report yelled over the slight snow storm as they reached the pier, a young red headed man indeed about to leave on a boat. "Excuses me! Mister Lendin Do you have a moment to answer a few quick question?"

Arty raising his eye brow and smiling, his Weavile on his shoulder, the pokemon enjoying such a cold area. "Well, sure a few, quickly, and please, call me Arty." the boy gave charming grin the camera man centering him just right.

"How do you feel about returning to the region you grew up in?"

"I love both Sinnoh and Johto, both having a special place in my heart, but don't worry, I'll be back." As he spoke, his Weavile was looking a bit bored at this whole ordeal, ready to simply get on with it.

Roxy tried to keep perky, despite the fridge cold, not to mention the Weavile glaring at her ever so slightly, that was enough to send a chill up her spine. "W- well... That's good to know, how to you feel Wallace?"

"Well I find him a bit odd, but I do have great respect for him, being a powerful trainer, and coordinator, something I at least like to dabble in from time to time. I also want to follow in his foot steps, not as the "official" champion, but as a GYM leader. I have a few pokemon stored up for my goal, and I've been training them a bit here and there, I would love to tell you more, but a I really gotta go, thanks for the interview cutey" Arty gave the reporter a kiss on the cheek before dashing onto the boat and giving a final wave to the camera, leaving the reporter blushing off screen.

"To anyone who's going to be at MT silver, I look forward to you composition!" He let out a final shout as the ship sailed off into the distance.

A few seconds passed as the screen faded back to Kinsey, and her talking feather friend. "Well there you have it, we'll bring you information of the other trainers, including more in depth coverage of the ones from Sinnoh, coming up next is the Pokémon Variety Hour!"

"Fun Fun!"

Last edited:

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Clow I've already spoken to you, fix what I asked ya to fix and recheck with me. <3 Declined for the moment.

a note: as heartless as it is, it still is first come first serve.

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
  • Name: Taylor Whitefish

Pokemon Team: Tropius (m), Azumarill (f), Vigoroth (m)

Appearance: Short, compact and sturdily built, with a broad chest and musculature that doesn't pop out at you but is clearly visible from the way he stands. His skin is deeply sunbrowned and has a shiny, coppery look to it, like that of polished driftwood. He couldn't quite be described as weathered, not yet, but he's getting there. Certainly he will have attained the status of "leathery" by the time he's forty. He has large hands and feet, palms and soles roughened by years of handling rope and traversing rocky terrain in ill-fitting boots. His black hair is always cropped short and, being somewhat oily, is easily swept to the side, across his wide forehead in a semi-neat looking part. Generally, his jaw is not as neat-looking - he is not the most prolific beard-grower in the world, but it's difficult to shave often in his line of work and he usually has a faint tracing of stubble around his chin and mouth.

His slightly round face has a sort of battered, imperfect look to it, as if he was punched a couple of times in his youth. His nose is broad, flat and a tad lumpy-looking, set above a small and indistinct mouth. The eyes are dark, brown-black and very quiet; they can be expressive when called on to be but mostly they are not. When in "civilian" clothing, Taylor dresses plainly and extremely sensibly in clothes fitting for the outdoors - plaid work shirts, jeans, boots. His ranger uniform is the Hoenn standard: a black undershirt, utility belt and dark denim pants tucked into a pair of faded, trustworthy hiking boots. This is generally accompanied, although Taylor often seems to forget the accessories, by one or more of the following: black fingerless gloves, a safety-cone orange jacket with a black collar, and a baseball cap of matching color with the Hoenn Rangers' emblem embroidered on the front. Under strict orders from top command to represent the Hoenn Rangers well at the tournament, he has packed a few old gray, brown, and grayish brown suits for the ocassion.

Entry Post: "Taylor Whitefish?"

"Yes," Taylor said, bracing his hands against the wooden arms of the waiting room chair. He noticed the way the sinews popped out of his forearms, the veins creating an unnatural sort of webbing across the back. Pumping veins; his heart was beating a little too fast.

"Come in."

He got up, moved sluggishly past the receptionist's desk and into the hall. He peered around the column of a doorway into a small office. The woman at the desk was pale and a little on the plump side, curly brown hair and glasses. She looked up from typing something and smiled at him. "You can sit down."

He obliged, almost falling into the seat in front of the desk. Same type of chair out in the lobby, he noted dizzily. They made them all in some factory somewhere, probably. Why did everything look the same? Out there, if he sat down in the same place twice it was startling and weirdly wonderful. In here, it was just unsettling.

The woman rolled her chair back to some metal filing cabinets and opened a drawer marked "W-Z". She pulled out a sheaf of papers and returned to her desk, shuffling them on the hard surface.

"Sooo..." Here she peered down over her glasses to scan the information, flipping through the pages and placing the ones that did not interest her to the side. He couldn't see what was on any of them - insurance and taxes, probably, lots of legalese he didn't understand. The ones she was perusing currently he knew were the files with his personal information.

"Taylor Whitefish... interesting name. Sounds old." This he did not feel merited a real reply, so he merely made a vaguely affirmative grunting sound. His throat was dry.

"And you've been a Ranger for how long... since you were sixteen? Impressive." He knew many who had been sworn in at a younger age, but again he said nothing, only made a barely perceptible nod. Outside he could see the green tops of needled trees. He thought of pine sap on his fingers.

"Born in Fortree..." Near it, actually, he thought. In a little treehouse on the border of the main grid, where he had lived for most of his childhood with his father. His father the gentle, the violent, the alcoholic, the musician, the hitter, the one he loved - but he was willing to bet none of that would be in the file.

"Came to the Academy at age ten on a scholarship." Best day of his life, worst day of his life. He had felt so homesick his first night he couldn't sleep, but in the morning it was dewy and breathtaking.

"And you've been doing well ever since you graduated and took the pledge, it seems. Notes here say you complete all your missions - not always on time, but you're among the most thorough. 'Bright, knowledgeable. Seems to genuinely care about Pokémon and the state of Hoenn's ecology and has a good feel for handling himself in the wilderness'. That's a direct quote from one of your teachers."

Taylor couldn't guess who that was - he had only vague memories of relations with his instructors at school. He had tried to listen to them, most of the time, but sometimes he had a tendency to wander. "A mind of his own" was a phrase he'd heard often - he was not openly rebellious or headstrong but he did what he believed he should do, whether it completely coincided with orders or not.

"Main partner assigned at the beginning of Academy: Tropius, male." Good old Trope. They would never be able to fit who he was into a print-type paragraph, and Taylor was glad they didn't try. "Issued female Azumarill upon inititation as official Ranger for the purpose of water-based expeditions. And here's your form for permission to keep a Vigoroth captured in Petalburg Forest. So that rounds out your total at three. Any changes in your roster that we should know about?" He shook his head.

"Okay then." The woman said this in a cheery, businesslike, moving-on voice. He wanted to like her but he couldn't show it to her, that he was grateful for her politeness. The room was bearing down on him.

"We had a few other rangers applying for a spot in the tournament, so there will be a short processing time as we get your application through and decide who to send. We'll let you know in a couple weeks, okay?" His arms and legs felt so far away, numb and bloated. It felt like the blood was rushing to them and they were expanding like balloons, about to explode. He nodded and made a faint "yes" noise. If she noticed that he looked sick she did not show it, she simply continued to shuffle papers.

"I'll see you in a little bit, then. Good luck!" He got up too quickly, said a thank-you-very-much or something like it, and was out the door before he realized he was moving.

The air exploded onto his face, and he practically staggered off the path into the grove of trees that stood near the building. He grabbed the nearest one as if to pull it closer, pressing its cheek into the rough bark and feeling its realness, its thereness. Gradually his breathing slowed and his vision returned to normal, blue-filtered and clear after having been subjected to unnatural fluorescent lighting.

Oh, how he hated being inside. He made an impromptu promise to himself that he would not enter another building for as long as he was able to avoid it.

Taylor, true to his word, spent all his waiting time on patrol of rainy Route 119. The only cover he was under was tent or tarp, until he received the letter, by Wingull, informing him of his acceptance into the tournament.

Now he was leaning over the railing of some ocean liner he'd already forgotten the name of, watching the white crest of water against the hull below. It was all right - he would have preferred to take Tropius or Azumarill instead, but at least this was open to the air. The cabin was claustrophobic, but he could handle that for a few days.

He did not know what awaited him at Mount Silver, having never been outside of Hoenn in his life. He imagined things too good to be true; clear alpine vistas and untamed crags with unexplored caves below, populated only by a few elite, serious trainers and Pokémon enthusiasts. The real thing he was sure was much less spectacular. It always was.

He couldn't help but but smile as he watched the horizon, though. He touched the Pokéballs clipped to his belt. This was something new, something exciting, and he had never been one to refuse the call of adventure.

Last edited:

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Spearow: Nice application. :D Accepted

WITH THIS ALL RANGER SPOTS HAVE BEEN TAKEN.

Johto was pre-arranged and the app should be up shortly but it has been taken.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back