• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen For how long did you play Pokémon B/W?

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I maybe had around 30 hours in my initial playthrough of the game before resetting it. Counting all 3 of my playthroughs of the game so far, I'd estimate a total of 60-70 hours. In relation to the subsequent times I went through the game, I really took my time during my first playthrough. I don't even recall getting far with the Unova (or the National) Dex the first time. Probably just 60 captured, if I had to guess?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • For my white I'm currently 573 which really pales compared to how much I played Emerald xD
    Had I kept my playing rate from before I would already be at 900...

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2012
    Played for around 40 hours for my Japanese import of Black, and about 25 hours for the english release.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I think I played around 40 hours worth of Black, but I haven't got the cartridge with me, so I can't be sure of the exact time. It's about in common with most other Pokemon games (with the exception of SoulSilver, which has about 70+ hours logged on it). As for the number of critters, that can't be any more than 40 (that is, caught Pokemon). I tend to only capture critters that I actually will use at some point, and since I've made about 3 teams in Black, that number sounds about right.

LapLace1500

I just ride....
    Years
  • I have around 250 hours on my Black. I raised every single one of my Pokemon to 100 and EV trained them. I don't even like BW that much.

ahovking

Scholar Trainer
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 24, 2012
    I played Pokemon Black for.......5 hours. i just couldn't get over how some Pokemon look like ice cream cones and a crab that has a load of mud on its back instead of a shell. But i have been keeping up to date and i think ive gotten use to the new Pokemon now so im going to try again in Pokemon white 2 (even if I hate the Pokemon game i still buy the game gotta support Pokemon).

Years
  • I played White for 9 hours, and put it down for a couple of months. I picked it up again two days ago, and now I'm on 14 hours.

I found it harder to get in to than SoulSilver (which was the last one I played) for some reason...

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Probably because you were already used to it all in SoulSilver, since it's a remake. :3 I have to admit it took a bit of time for me to get into it as well, but when I did I really did.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    You play white? hey can you get me a Ralts from White Forest :) ?

Sadly this doesn't really fit into this thread - since it's only about playtime. Feel free to send them a Private Message about that, though!

Also @ user in the previous post, it's the same for me. I don't really see my playtime jumping in the next few months due to the sequels, unfortunately. Maybe only by 10 hours?

_CruzaComplex

Steven Stone Fanatic
    Years
  • 250 hours for me, though SoulSilver was a little higher than that, and FireRed was easily in the 400s. Not to get too far off topic, but between the multiple restarts of Pearl, Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, and LeafGreen...I'm probably at one thousand, five hundred hours total. Maybe slightly more.

Years
  • Probably because you were already used to it all in SoulSilver, since it's a remake. :3 I have to admit it took a bit of time for me to get into it as well, but when I did I really did.

I never played the original Silver, so for me it was quite exciting to play it for the "first" time.
    As I mentioned before (did I? Or did I just think it?) I started playing White again and I've been playing it pretty non stop for the last couple of days, so yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat as you now.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • I think I'm 300-400+ hours on my Black, though I've been in a phase of lacking interest in the game for a while; I probably burned myself out with how much hype and interest I had in the games, that I just kinda fell out of favour with it. I've only had a handful of battles with people and I only trained half a box of Pokemon alongside breeding the heck out of Eevee, and I kinda regret that, since I really wanted to put a ton of energy into it.

One of the reasons I've been distracting myself from heavy information on BW2, so that it sits more as a new, shiny experience for me when I get them. Though I think I need to re-energise my enthusiasm for Pokemon again, given my lack of activity with it, of late. (same kind of thing happened to me with Gen. III, sadly... hopefully it'll wear off when I've got my hands on the games...!)

Back