• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] For those who have played - what do you think?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I'm having a lot of fun. While the graphics in the wild area are noticeably bad in some parts, I really don't care, it doesn't deter me from the game and hasn't bothered me. I also actually like the cutscenes, except the ones during battle, but I do think it makes the battle more interesting when the important characters comment on them or you getting a critical hit on their Pokemon.

The only thing I don't like is how Sonia gives out revives whenever you talk to her, that feels a bit hand-holdy? Granted, she's stopped later, and this gen so far doesn't feel as hand holding as the last gen, but, lmfao.

Years
    Having just finished, not impressed with the story worst one yet and boring, barely cared what any of the characters were saying just powered though those parts. The battles were too easy my pokemon were 20 + levels higher than all the gyms and challenge cup opponents I faced, if it is that easy to train up your pokemon then surely they should of made the gym levels higher. the wild area, surprise trade, exp candy's, Drednaw and Corviknight are prob the only reason I managed to complete the game

Years
    i like it and am having fun with it. the game largely revolves around raids though so unless you're big on raids there's not much that SwSh can offer and this definitely seems to be the case with the DLC, as well. the story is definitely ok for the most part with it being sort of slow to pick up at the beginning with it getting better, especially towards the climax of the game which IMO beats out the climax of mostly every other Pokemon game. my only wish is that Game Freak would expand beyond max raid battles and hopefully add something else to do for players who aren't so keen on raids.

... also maybe add better AIs for people who raid on their own. Solrock is awful.

Back