• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

for those with wombs

Lucid

No. I really really really hate being pregnant. I love drinking and eating poison way too much, and just don't really enjoy any aspect of the process. It's gross and uncomfortable. Plus with surrogacy, there's the possibility of stipulations regarding what you can do/eat/drink, the number of babies, their gender/s, ect. The process with out the added stress is miserable enough. I don't even want to have my own kids.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
    I doubt it, I honestly just can't be bothered with the whole pregnancy process. Nine months of carrying a baby doesn't appeal to me at all, especially for someone else. Who knows - maybe I'll change my mind in the future, but it's a no for now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    NO

i can't imagine carrying a baby for myself never mind carrying someone else's. plus i'm trying to keep it tight down there for as long as i possibly can and im sorry but i'm not bringing my body as a whole to those limits for someone else's child

Years
    No. I really really really hate being pregnant. I love drinking and eating poison way too much, and just don't really enjoy any aspect of the process. It's gross and uncomfortable. Plus with surrogacy, there's the possibility of stipulations regarding what you can do/eat/drink, the number of babies, their gender/s, ect. The process with out the added stress is miserable enough. I don't even want to have my own kids.

This. Being pregnant sucks. In addition to the points mentioned being pregnant also greatly interferes with work. You can't be exposed to the same things, you need time off for appointments, the birth and the recovery. Did you know that you're not supposed to exercise for 6 weeks following birth? It drove me crazy.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    No. Pregnancy actually terrifies me and has for years to the point where I'm really unsettled about it. I would like my own child maybe someday in the distant future, but I don't know if I'll be able to pass my fears so. There's that. It's not even the no drinking or doing whatever it is I wouldn't be able to do, it's just that the thought of a human growing inside of me makes me utterly nervous. The way that the womb expands your body makes me fearful of sleeping. Etc etc. So if I can't do it for myself, then no, I can't do it for someone else. I would worry that my anxiety would cause something bad to happen to the baby as well, and although it would be bad enough for it to mess with my own child, I would feel even worse about it ruining things for someone else's.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    No freaking way.

Pregnancy sounds horrible as hell, I don't even want my own kids for a long time, if ever. Tbh I feel like if someone wants a child badly enough and they're unable to conceive, then they should adopt. There are too many children in foster care as is.

Years
    Wow uh am I the only person that'd actually consider it?

It'd really depend on the circumstances. Sure, pregnancy sucks. If it was for someone I loved and/or I was getting paid enough for it, I could suffer through it. If it was for some random stranger? Nah.

Years
    The thought of being pregnant makes me rather uncomfortable and actually scares me more than a little bit. I would rather avoid it if possible...doesn't matter if it's for me, or for somebody else. :( Or if it was for somebody else, I would have to be getting something really good out of it to even consider it in the first place. Otherwise, nope.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Spoiler:
    Oh I thought I'd be odd for thinking like this but you all do <3 I feel less weird now c: I really don't look forward to being pregnant. I could probably stop drinking for 9 months, but all the bodily effects? And the risks? Actually giving birth?? Not to mention I work in a lab with dangerous chemicals and then you have to be away from work for a long time??? God. I really don't see it as something I look forward to. I guess... If I want to have a child born with my genes, and the genes of my man, I'd have to be pregnant at some point );

But. I actually don't know much about babymaking; how does surrogacy work? Can it still be my egg? Serious question here.

Wow uh am I the only person that'd actually consider it?

It'd really depend on the circumstances. Sure, pregnancy sucks. If it was for someone I loved and/or I was getting paid enough for it, I could suffer through it. If it was for some random stranger? Nah.
    I'd pay you <3

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    /not a womb owner

I appreciate anyone who says yes, because its the only way I'll ever have a child with any of my genes. Although I'd probably opt for adoption anyway.

It's a huge commitment to do though - the money, pain, health risk and emotional strain on surrogates must be enormous.

Lucid

But. I actually don't know much about babymaking; how does surrogacy work? Can it still be my egg? Serious question here.

Yeah, one way to do it is to harvest eggs from you, fertilize them with sperm from your partner, then implant an embryo into the carrier. But there's a whole slew of things you have to do before they can just take your eggs, they have to be healthy, you have to take rounds of medication, the procedure has to be timed, the eggs then have to be stored, ect. The whole process is expensive as well.

Back