• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Foreign Languages Club

Aqua Dream

That's not Ash!
    Years
    This club is for all those who are interested in studying foreign languages (including English, as I am aware that we're from all around the world here). You don't have to be fluent in two or more languages, nor do you even have to have learned a foreign language to be able to join. We can also speak in foreign languages here.

Club Rules

1. I encourage you to post messages in languages other than English. However, please be aware that some people may not speak that language or their computers might not be able to display it. For this purpose, please provide an English translation.
    2. Be polite to other members, and do not insult someone for making a mistake. Remember that mamy of us are still learning. If someone makes a spelling or grammatical error, you may kindly notify him or her of the mistake and correct it.
    3. Internet "languages," such as chatspeak or 1337, are not to be used here. Fictional/ joke languages like Elvish or Klingon may be discussed, but please translate anything you're saying into English

Club Members

Owner
    Aqua Dream

Co-Owner

Members
    IvySaur
    Killer-Swift
    Pikabloo
    Virtual Headache
    Crystal Clair
    phantom_of_death
    Seventh Petal
    Auron
    Mudkipblader
    Jari
    Hiidoran
    EmeraldSky

When joining, I recommend you fill out this form in your first post.

Country of Current Residence:
    Country of Birth: (If different from above)
    Language(s) You Speak Fluently:
    Language(s) You're Currently Learning/Would Like to Learn:

Here's Mine:

Country of Current Residence: United States of America
    Country of Birth: Israel
    Language(s) You Speak Fluently: English, Hebrew
    Language(s) You're Currently Learning/Would Like to Learn: Spanish, Latin, French, German, Arabic, Japanese, Chinese

Last edited:

IvySaur

Country of Current Residence: United States of America
    Country of Birth: (If different from above) ^
    Language(s) You Speak Fluently: English
    Language(s) You're Currently Learning/Would Like to Learn: I'm learning Italian now and I'm pretty good at it, and I'd like to learn Japanese and Polish!

Aqua Dream

That's not Ash!
    Years
    Ciao! (Hello, though I think most people know that.)

Welcome to the club. You're the first to join, and since the position is still open, you have the option of being the club's co-owner if you'd like.

On a side note, I like your signature. My sister's a fan of Mermaid Melody, and I guess I like it a little as well.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Ummm i guess i'll join and also... it hought ciao meant bye? maybe it means both liek Salut does in french.. oh well..
    Anyways:
    Country of Current Residence:Canada
    Country of Birth: (If different from above)Canada
    Language(s) You Speak Fluently:English
    Language(s) You're Currently Learning/Would Like to Learn:Am fairly good at frnech, altho ive lost msot of it, but im taking ti again in gr10, and french is enxt semester so ye >.>, and i also want 2 learn Lithuanian :D lol nevertheless:
    Bonjour! (Hello!) Comment ca-va? (How are you?)

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I would love to join ^_^
    Country of Current Residence: Thailand
    Country of Birth: Philippines
    Language(s) You Speak Fluently: English, Tagalog (language in the Philippines)(I can't really speak fluently, but I understand)
    Language(s) You're Currently Learning/Would Like to Learn: I'm studying French in school, and I would love to study Japanese and Thai.

Aqua Dream

That's not Ash!
    Years
    Willkommen! (German for welcome)

It's good to see that we have people interested in all sorts of languages. I was afraid that we would only see Spanish, French, Latin, and Japanese here, but I'm glad to know that I was wrong.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Kamusta kayong lahat? Ok lang naman ako
    How are you all? I'm just fine. -Tagalog

Hehe... Foreign languages are cool :cool:

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Ah, oui. Qu'est que vous allez faire pour ce week-end?
    Ah, okay. What are you going to do this weekend? (French)

XD Random question...

Years
    Heh, I used to have a club like this long time ago xD
    I wanted to make it again, but it's already there, awesome^^

I'll join of course^^

Country of Current Residence: Austria
    Country of Birth: Austria
    Language(s) You Speak Fluently: German, English
    Language(s) You're Currently Learning/Would Like to Learn: Ehh, I used to learn French, Latin and Japanese, but since I'm out of school, I haven't got French and Latin anymore and due to my uni lecture's times, I can't take Japanese this semester.
    what do I want to learn?
    Better French, Japanese, Swedish, Croatian,...
    Ah, oui. Qu'est que vous allez faire pour ce week-end?
    Ah, okay. What are you going to do this weekend? (French)

XD Random question...
    Ich werde nciht viel machen, außer für die Uni zu lernen.
    I won't do much other than studying for uni. (German)

Ullion

Years
    Moi? je vais jouer a l'ordinateur!
    Me? I am going to plaon on da computer! (french)
    I think is adi that right XD lol.. bah i should try adn teach myself soem more lithuanian... that'll rele getchas XD lol all i can currently remember is Deshets is 6 or 10... and or i forgot what die is XD lol neverhteless.... i might start teaching myself that a bit more... So..
    Ca-va bein!
    I am doing well! (French)
    Qui aime le basketball?
    Who likes basketball? (French)
    Sorry for only using french so far... tis all i know...lol

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Moi, j'adore le basket. Mais, je prefer le badminton.
    Me, I love basketball. But I prefer badminton (French)

Are there supposed to be any accents in what I said? O-o

Ullion

Years
    Oi, maybe in prefer... cuz i think its prefere... and the second to last "e" has an accent aigou on it... not 100% sure tho... otherwise ur g2g (good to go)lol..
    Frais. Cool. (French) i dont think thats how ur supossed 2 use it.. but meh XD also i wwas going 2 say "We should have a game" but i didn't know how 2 say that in french..lol sorry XD

Years
    Je vais aller dormir maintenant, au revoir^^
    I'm going to sleep now, bye.

Whoah, I can't believe it took me so long until this phrase came to my mind, I'm starting top forget most of my French now that i'm out of school :/

Aqua Dream

That's not Ash!
    Years
    Wassalaamu Alekum! (Arabic: Literally "May peace be upon you," though often used as a greeting or a goodbye.)

Unfortunately, my computer does not have Arabic text support.

I'm just ignoring the accent marks, since they're a pain in the but to impliment on these forums.

Ullion

Years
    Oui, je utilise Windows XP.
    Yes, i use windows XP (french)
    did i say that right? w/e lol XD

Je joue le Diablo deux, qui joue t'il?
    I play diablo two, who plays it to? (frnech) i think i sadi that right.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Hi. May I join this club.... or
    kore kurabu o kuwawate kudasai desu ka? (no idea if I got that correct)
    I currently know year one of Spanish (am retaking it again but it's easier this time so I dont have to really apply myself) I'm fluent in English and pretty good in Japanese. I can form basic and semi-basic sentences in Japanese, know about 200 kanji and know 25 to 40% of the stuff in raw Pokemon episodes.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Sige, join ka sa club. Pero gamitin mo naman yung form sa first post ^_^
    Okay, I think you can join. But use the form thing in the first post ^_^ -Tagalog
    The great thing about Tagalog is that if you don't know how to say something, you can say it in English, and everyone will still understand. When you do it, it's call Taglish XD

Aqua Dream

That's not Ash!
    Years
    Bruchah Haba'ah (Hebrew: Welcome, literally "Blessed is the one who has come.)

My computer can display Hebrew, but I've been having trouble getting it to work on the forums. And actually, you're not required to fill out that form; it's just recommended.

That's pretty convenient. You can do the same thing in Hebrew too, as most Israelis speak English to some degree.

Back