• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Foreigners (IC)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Shun Yuuto Sorukei
    [FONT=b62298e8dfb1244a0e553d30#342c00]Viridian City; Pokemon Center

Insanity; too weak a word
    [FONT=b62298e8dfb1244a0655a730#941400]

[/FONT]
    "Herr Shun... HOW DARE YOU INTERRUPT THE MARVEL OF OBSERVATION!" Kathy snapped. "WHILE THE CONCEPT OF SCIENCE CAN NOT BE PROVEN MY A SOLE MAN, IT CAN BE EXPLORED! I AM BUSY STUDYING THE MANY, MANY, PROMISES IT HOLDS! YOU, HOWEVER, ARE STILL FLOATING IN YOUR OWN LITTLE...um...how they say...DIVA ROCKET! Well, guess what. THAT ROCKET CAN NOT RIDE WITHOUT INSUFFICIENT FUEL CELLS! YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT REALITY? LET US TALK ABOUT REALITY! Ah...but I'm getting to far ahead of myself." I'm so confused . . . I thought, trying to figure out what freak incident occurred to this girl when she was a baby to make her so insane. No, beyond insane. Way beyond.

Kathy then turned to speak to Nurse Joy. "Fräulein Joy, would you be as kind as to treat my two pokemon? They have sustained serious damage, I fear."

"Yes, of...uh...course!" Nursy Joy replied. "Just leave them to me."

"I thank you," Kathy placed her two Pokeballs on the counter before she turned back to me. "Now Herr Shun, what do you have to say for yourself?!"

"Oh, only this: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!" Seriously, this girl needed some serious help. She freaking scared me, more than the normal people that I hated so much. This girl was spawn from the most deformed, unholy creature so impossible, I didn't even have a name for it.

"Yem?" Roswell made a few lights flash from his fingers. I completely agree with you there, dude, I thought, completely.
    [/FONT]

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    "Hmph...judging by your unsophisticated, in-the-dark language, your in the dark of what you did," Kathy chuckled. "So, I shall forgive you, Herr Shun. This time. The weak can not forgive, after all."

"Um, excuse me?" Nurse Joy interrupted, as she held out Kathy's two pokeballs. "Your pokemon is all healed, and ready to go."

"Thank you, Fräulein Joy." Kathy thanks happily, as she took her pokemon in the their own pokeballs back, and returned them to her handbag. She then turned back to Shun. "If I recall from the map of Kanto I have read once upon a time, the Viridan Forest lies just beyond this city."

Kathy then looked back, out of a window. "Ah...how I love bugs Herr Shun," she stated. "Did you know...? A bug is an insect of the order Hemiptera, also known as the "true bugs". Cicadas, aphids, planthoppers, leafhoppers, shield bugs...all species of bug pokemon you can possibly imagine. HOWEVER! Do not mistake 8-legged fiends for bugs. While they are classified as bug pokemon, I fear that they will try to devour you should you compare them to the true bugs of the world. In any case, I must prepare for those true bugs, so I must head to the PokeMart now."

Kathy then walked past Shun and his pokemon, as she soon looked back at him. "Remember Herr Shun," she stated. "Those who live by ignorance are blind. Nothing more than trash in the garbage dump of injustice...Shall we see each other again, I wish to battle you. AND BY THE WAY! YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THESE MACHINES! IT SOUNDS LIKE A ROBOT DANCING WITH HIS SISTER, YET HIS PARENTS DON'T APPROVE SO THEY DECIDED TO SET HIM UP WITH HIS 12 YEAR OLD COUSIN-- How I adore it, fufufu...Well, pleasant journey to you!"

Katharina then smiled as she walked through the automatic doors of the Center, and back outside, towards the blue-roof topped PokeMart.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Shun Yuuto Sorukei
    [FONT=b62298e8dfb1244a0e553d30#342c00]Viridian City; Pokemon Center

Visions of the Fourth Wall

[h2][/h2]

[FONT=b62298e8dfb1244a0655a730#941400]

[/FONT]​

"Hmph...judging by your unsophisticated, in-the-dark language, your in the dark of what you did," Kathy chuckled. "So, I shall forgive you, Herr Shun. This time. The weak can not forgive, after all."

"Um, I don't recall doing anything. Perhaps you were hellucinating?" I wouldn't be surprised, I thought.

"Um, excuse me?" Nurse Joy held out Kathy's two Pokeballs. "Your pokemon is all healed, and ready to go."

"Thank you, Fräulein Joy." Kathy thanked Nurse Joy before she turned back to me. "If I recall from the map of Kanto I have read once upon a time, the Viridan Forest lies just beyond this city." Kathy glanced out the window, "Ah...how I love bugs Herr Shun," she stated. "Did you know...? A bug is an insect of the order Hemiptera, also known as the "true bugs". Cicadas, aphids, planthoppers, leafhoppers, shield bugs...all species of bug pokemon you can possibly imagine. HOWEVER! Do not mistake 8-legged fiends for bugs. While they are classified as bug pokemon, I fear that they will try to devour you should you compare them to the true bugs of the world. In any case, I must prepare for those true bugs, so I must head to the PokeMart now."

"I don't really care for bugs," I stated. "But I do know enough to realize which ones are insects and which are arachnids. Oh, also," I turned up the volume of my headphones, "I'm not much of a person for science, either."

Kathy walked by me, only to turn back around a moment later. "Remember Herr Shun, those who live by ignorance are blind. Nothing more than trash in the garbage dump of injustice...Shall we see each other again, I wish to battle you. AND BY THE WAY! YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THESE MACHINES! IT SOUNDS LIKE A ROBOT DANCING WITH HIS SISTER, YET HIS PARENTS DON'T APPROVE SO THEY DECIDED TO SET HIM UP WITH HIS 12 YEAR OLD COUSIN-- How I adore it, fufufu...Well, pleasant journey to you!"

I sighed, "Another battle? Well, at least I know I'll beat you, after that display against the Pidgeot." I didn't bother to comment on the dancing robot thing. It didn't even make sense.

"Come on, Roswell, let's go." I walked out of the Pokemon Center, Roswell floated closely behind. Once again, the sound of my headphones blocked out the small squeel and sound of tiny footsteps running to hide.

I walked over to a bench and sat next to Roswell. I could wait a little while longer to go to Viridian Forest. Plus I had to wait for Red to post the data for Viridian Forest anyways.
    [/FONT]

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    "Yes, when Vibrava's feeling better, I'd love to..." Kate trailed off, remembering the note she had seen on the gym. "Oh, wait, I already visited the gym, and there was a note on the front door. Apparently Kimuro's gone missing and the police shut the gym down 'till they can find him. Too bad." Kate said. "Hope he turns up safe."

Keeno blinked. "He's gone missing? What are you saying!..." He became lost in thought for a moment, while Kate got her pokémon back.

"Vibrava, I think you have something to say to Keeno here." Kate said,.

"Vibravaaa." Vibrava slumped, facing Keeno.

"He said sorry." Kate smiled, as she held up his Pokeball and returned him to it. "He goes on these rampages when he's excited or nervous, but he's really pretty balanced the rest of the time. I suppose it's what they mean when they say 'Losing your cool'" she explained further.

"Oh, don't mention it," Keeno said, smiling at the Hoenn pokémon. "But that about Kimuro... I can't possibly understand why he would have gone missing... I've got to check this out! To the gym!" he called out and darted off, forgetting to say bye to the Master Quest trainer.

He found the gym easily, as he had grown up in Viridian City and been there many times. Not to battle, but to look at the battles of stronger trainers. Much stronger trainers.

There was a sign on the front door. It simply said that the gym was closed because the leader had gone missing.

"Missing?! What is this!" Keeno raged. "He's Kimuro! KIMURO THE LORD OF EARTH!"

"We know," a voice said and the door opened from the inside, startling Keeno. It was a rather sour looking young man. "But we don't know anything about where he is... we tried to keep the gym open for two days after he became unreachable, but so many trainers were disappointed when they could only battle us and not the leader, so we decided to put up that sign and "close" the gym."

"But, when was the last time he was seen?" Keeno tried.

"When he went home, almost a week ago. Some citizen said they saw him enter his house in the evening, even. But he didn't come to the gym the morning after, and he wasn't at home when we went there and when the police then searched it. He is... simply gone."

Keeno didn't get any wiser from that... but the fact that the - maybe - strongest gym leader in Kanto had went missing just like that disturbed him greatly. He hoped that the Master Quest trainers weren't as nervous as he was, though. He'd better report this to professor Oak, still. And then, finally, visit home for a bit.

What to do when you reach Viridian Forest?

This deep, mysterious place just north of Viridian City seems to have its own life. It's rumored that if any Mew still exist, it would be here. It can't be crossed with vehicles on the ground. No matter how hard humans have tried to pave way for a road through the wilderness, it seems to "magically" grow back or be infested by wild pokémon in no time at all. The result is that a road around the forest has been built.

But that road is almost double the length and you'd have to climb the large, windy hill that lies between Viridian Forest and the sea to the east. Easy for motor vehicles, but trainers and people on foot most often go through the forest instead, trying hard to stay on the route depicted on the map that is given out for free in the Viridian City and Pewter City pokémarts.

The forest is a bit more dense and jungle-like than the rest of the forests around Kanto. It's a natural maze, and many do get lost. There are an abundance of wild pokémon who can be rather aggressive since they feel safe inside the deep forest. Watch out for Butterfree's powder and angry Beedrills... You will want to reach Pewter City on the other side!

Catchable pokémon in Viridian Forest:

*Foreigners (IC)
    *Foreigners (IC)
    *Foreigners (IC)
    *Foreigners (IC)
    *Foreigners (IC)
    *Foreigners (IC)

*Foreigners (IC)
    *Foreigners (IC)
    *Foreigners (IC)
    *Foreigners (IC)
    *Foreigners (IC)
    *Foreigners (IC)

Their evolutions may be seen or battled, but not captured.

Remember, if you try to catch a pokémon, wait for me to approve or deny it before writing about the pokéball coming to a stop.

((OOC: I think 5 of you have reached Viridian City now. There's no hurry in getting on with the journey, but since some seem to want that, I'm posting this :3

Michaela's Soo-yun is still on Route 1 I think, and First Snow is having troubles with studies and won't be posting for a while longer, probably. So Anthony is still in the professor's lab :x we'll work out a solution to help him onwards when First Snow comes back~ Now, go get lost in the woods!))

Last edited:

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
    Years
    Kate Brayve
    Into The Forest

Well, that was a little weird...Keeno had just run off after he heard about the gym leader. Although he did mention something about visiting home, perhaps he had grown up in Viridian? That might make him and the gym leader acquaintances at least, maybe they were friends. Never mind. Kate was sure that Kimuro would show up eventually. Yeah, he'll be fine, she thought. She walked out of the Pokemon Center and stretched a little. "Well, since the gym leader's not here, might as well head into the forest." Kate spoke to herself. She then thought about the forest, and changed her mind. Creepy Cascoon and Wrumple everywhere, the musty, weird smell the place had. But then, she realized she was thinking about home rather than Kanto. "Oh yeah, that's the forest back home. Maybe this one is better." Kate's smile returned. She took Vibrava's ball from her belt and released him once more. "Vibrava.." it still slumped. "Now, when I let you out, no more running amok, yeah?" she scolded it. "Brava..." it said. "Good. No go ahead and see what Viridian Forest looks like. I need to do one more thing before I go." she said, and with that, Vibrava set off into the distance.

****​

Shopping! Kate simply adored it. A shopping bag and some money was all she needed, and it was the time of her life. When she was little, she used to race through the clothing store with carts, and they actually banned her from one specific shop. But this time was different. It was a Pokemart. Boring! All they had was Pokemon stuff. "Great..." Kate slumped. For one little moment, Kate had a thought. "Let Marshtomp raid the place...." but that thought disappeared soon enough. She couldn't cause chaos like in the plane. Kate walked over to the shopping carts and took one. Maybe there were a few useful potions. She hoped so. Before she left, she took a few Potions and a bottle of Lemonade for herself, plus some Great Balls, which might hel with catching some Pokemon. Then she proceeded to checkout and exited the store. "Well...that was HORRIBLE!" she told herself, being used to shopping being fun, this was a real disappointment. "Shopping in Kanto. Lame." she murmured, as she made her way to Viridian Forest.

****​

Viridian Forest was not the same as Petalburg Woods; it was worse. There was a terrible mist covering the whole area, the air was musty because of it, and all the horrible Cascoon and Wrumple were replaced by Metapod and Caterpie, times two. "Oooh." Kate slumped as she took her first steps into her worst nightmare. Vibrava appeared from the bushes wanting to surprise her, but Kate was too preoccupied with how horrible this was going to be to even see him. "Vibrava! Ava!" Vibrava came and said to Kate, he fluttered up a little and returned to his Pokeball. "Oh, boy..." Kate said, as she walked into the forest.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    She said goodbye to Will, Pawniard following her out the Pokemon Center. Lifting the hood to cover her head, Pawniard was anxious about what Stephany was doing next. Walking and roaming around the city, they reached the Gym and were shocked to find a slip of paper on the door. The leader had gone missing.

"He's missing?" she was ouzzled, Pawniard disappointed. Hoothoot pondered about the many possibilties, Gothorita simply trying to look for hints around the town. "Well, guess we can train for now," she told her pokemon. None of them were on their pokeballs except when on sea or plane. She saw pokeballs as a cage for mistreating pokemon or as punishment. She uses them anyway, since planes and boats get angered by her pokemon's behavior.

Taking out the map she had got from the Unova region for Kanto, next stop was the Viridian Forest or the road that was very long. Pondering, she chose the Forest sine it would be a good training ground as they move through it. They may even rest there and nap as they go through.

"We're going into the Viridian Forest. We can train there and challenge the next gym. Is that okay with all of you?" she asked them, all of them nodding in approval except Hoothoot. "Especially Hoothoot....you need some training to catch up with Pawniard and Gothorita." 'But first we need to go into the Pokemart to get our items,' she thought. Walking towards the mart, she rummages through all the aisles. Stephany picked potions, some status healers, and extra pokeballs. She wanted to buy those revivers, yet they costed too much, and the money she currently had was no match for them. Leaving the store, Pawniard was excited to go to the forest.

As they paced over to the forest, Hoothoot wasn't comfortable to get in it. Even so, they entered the forest and started towards their road. Minutes pass and eventually go deep enough that there was no signs of human buildings in sight. Turning around would make you see more grass and trees. When ten minutes had passed, she halted. Facing her Pawniard, a smile came over her lips.

"Wanna train Hoothoot?" she asked him, the bird shuffling and worried. Nodding his head and jumping far to gain some space, Stephany grabbed the bird and set him down. "Okay Hoothoot. We will start with the basics. Dodging," she told the bird, who seemed confident enough to turn around and face the soldier.

"Paaawn," Pawniard said as his hands turned into a silver color, metallic in shine. Hoothoot gulped, yet kept his stance. As Pawniard jumped and slowly went for the hit, the bird was able to dodge the attack pretty good. Standing up, he kept his speed at a normal pace to make it easy for the bird. Dodging every attack, he was going well until his back bumped against the tree. Yelping, he got hit by the metal claw. Landing against another tree, he stood up and shook himself up. Pawniard stopped at the extended hand of Stephany, who was impressed.

"It's good for now. You can dodge very well. Now, what attacks do you know?" she kneeled down beside the bird, who grew nervous to be so close. It closed its eyes and focused on Pawniard. She then quickly interrupted, knowing the move. "No! I mean, I know you know Hypnosis!" she motioned with her hands. The bird blinked and looked at her, switching stance. Turning around to face the tree, it let out a battle cry, that was quite hilarious if you ask me, and then pecked the tree with its glowing beak. It was folowed by a tackle, and then a soft growl. After that, it stopped and gazed at Stephany for any reaction.

"That's it?" she expected more. "Well....you're a wild pokemon anyway, so we can teach you a move or two," she told the bird, who was let down. Looking around for a certain thing, she smiled when she saw Pawniard. She pointed at him. "Okay then, Pawniard......cross your arms and let Hoothoot tackle at them. Once you grow hurt, stop and let Hoothoot peck at the tree until he made a hole halfway through the tree. Got that Hoothoot?" she changed glances with Pawniard and the bird. Hoothoot was horrified. "I know it sounds intense, but Gothorita and Pawniard went through the same thing when I first got them," she tried to cheer the bird up. Wanting to get this over with, Hoothoot started to tackle against Pawniard, Stephany standing there and watching.

Now sitting down and taking a nap, Hoothoot had finally exhausted Pawniard. He let his arms go back to his sides, walking over to the sleeping Stephany and watching Hoothoot train. The bird was exhausted, sweating. He couldn't take it any longer, not even use peck. Instead of facing the tree, he collapsed on the ground. Gothorita took him in and let him sleep in Stephany's lap. There, both Gothorita and Pawniard started a chat as the other two slept.​

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Viridian Forest

Having come from the PokeMart from Viridian City, and stocking up on Pokeballs, Potions, and other helpful medicines, Katharina had to go through hills, steep roads, and rocky obstacles before she finally made it to the foot of the Viridian Forest. The forest was greener, darker, and more dense than any of the other forests Kathy visited back at Hoenn. Despite this however, Kathy was excited to find the bug-type Pokemon that lives in Kanto, so she decided to press on. As she started walking through the forest, she first spotted a caterpillar-like pokemon. Kathy stopped to obverse it.

"A Herr Caterpie!" Kathy gleamed. "T-TRANSCENDENT FROM THE LONOMIA -- THE CATERPILLAR POKEMON!"

"Wrrrum?" the Caterpie softly cried, as it squirmed away, to the near top of the tree that Kathy was nearby. As Kathy then turned her back from it, she then noticed another pokemon: a owl pokemon.

"Hoot-Hoot..." the pokemon chirped.

"I...know of you, don't I?" Kathy pondered, staring a the owl pokemon. "I know of your name...um...I want to say Herr Hamburger? Nein...Or maybe Herr...hammock? Gah, I know it begins with the letter H..."

She then took out her notepad from her lab coat, as well as putting away her virtual pet back into her pocket as well. She flipped through her notes. After a few seconds, something clicked her mind.

"Ahhhh, THAT'S IT!" she realized. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but...are you not Herr Hydro-Alcoholic Applications of Polyvinyl Acetate Phthalate, that is also known as hydrochlorothiazide? IF SO!! I HAVE A BARRAGE OF QUESTIONS TO ASK OF YOU, HERR HYDRO-ALCOHOLIC OF POLYVINYL ACETATE PHTHALATE THAT IS ALSO KNOWN AS HYDROCHLOROTHIZIDE!! Ah, well, first of all, thank you for responding to my letter! Second of all, I MUST ASK YOU! You, as a drug; how did you materialize into a human being?! THAT IS A SCIENTIFIC BREAKTHROUGH!! Third of all, is it true that if you are not in room temperature, you can not be stable and you explode from the inside?! PLEASE TELL ME!! OR NEIN, NEIN, NEIN, WAIT!! I have heard that Hydrochlorothiazide is used to treat excessive fluid accumulation and swelling of the body caused by heart failure, cirrhosis, chronic kidney failure, corticosteroid medications, and nephrotic syndrome. CAN YOU NOT ALSO CURE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE? For you see, my dad is a drunk, and I think he really needs it! Ohhh wait, WAIT! BEFORE YOU ANSWER! LET ME GET MY PEN READY!!"

"Hoot-Hoot." the pokemon chirped again.

"Haha, I'm only...how they say...making the fun of you!" Kathy then chuckled. "...You must be another Hoothoot. I suppose it is dark enough for you to be awake...hm." Kathy then put away her notebook as she pressed onward through the forest.

Deeper into the forest, she then noticed something else: someone was fast asleep from a distance. Kathy couldn't recognize the person, as she couldn't see that clearly from the thick, dark forest. Kathy was also curious; she probably thought that the person was simply taking a break. Kathy then shrugged, since this was probably irrelevant to her, as she kept going through the forest.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    It was a while until she woke up again, stretching and yawning. Opening her eyes, she noticed Hoothoot on her lap. Sleeping heavenly, Pawniard and Gothorita were wide awake. She was able to get a glimpse of another Master Quest trainer before the trainer disappeared. Not able to identify that trainer, she stood up and carried Hoothoot on her arms. Placing him on her head, Gothorita peeked her head out of the bag and Pawniard stood up.

"Guess we're ready for another hour of nature walking," she spoke to nobody in particular, starting to walk foward. They were probably lost, yet she didn't really seem to care. Training was of the most important right now. Judging from the jungle-like appearance, the pokemon aren't simple creatures. Not feeling like capturing a pokemon here, she avoided any pokemon that seems to stare at them.

Pawniard was sigh-seeing, enjoying nature and a new side of him coming out that rarely shows. Hoothoot was still napping, wanting to regain his energy. All went well for a while, able to get a glimpse of Shun and Kathy along the way, and maybe she saw Kate...or was it? Either way, the relazed atmosphere changed when they reached a very humid part of the forest. Fog was covering their eyesight, yet they were able to see through it.

"Wow....the fog is thick," she mumbled out, Pawniard agreeing with a nod of approval. Walking through it, there was a sudden cry of a pokemon, followed by a sound of buzzes reaching them. Closer and closer they got, Gothorita finally able to tell who it was.

"Goth-rita rita!" she warned, Pawniard standing in front of Stephany for protection. Stephany new Gothorita's warnings, meaning there was a big bunch of pokemon coming their way. All of a sudden, her face was covered by a round pokemon. For a moment, she grew silent. The next, she yelped and tried to yank the pokemon out her face, desperate for air. Pawniard reacted slowly, since the fog was somehow blocking his quick senses. Using Metal Claw to get the bug off her face, it harshly landed on the floor between them. It was at that moment, the buzzing halted, replaced by silence. Worried, she looked down and was shocked to find a Ledyba. It was hurt, and now dizzy as his eyes rolled round and round.

"Oh!," she covered her mouth, her intention not wanting to harm the cutest thing she has ever seen. The fog started to lift, revealing a swarm of Ledyba around them. Gulping, everybody except the sleeping Hoothoot remained quiet. Pawniard then did the most unexpected thing. His blades started to shine, and suddenly dashes towards one of the Ledyba, halting right before he made impact. The Ledyba grew horrified and scared, rocketing out the scene in a flash. The others followed as well. The group of Ledyba were gone in a matter of seconds, Gothorita a bit surprised. Pawniard felt proud, having scared them.

Only thing left was the hurt Ledyba. Before she could do anything, it snapped out of its dizziness and dashed off, scared to the bone. Now the only ones left were Stephany and her pokemon. She couldn't believe what just happened, it was all so fast. She knew this pokemon from her childhood, buying plushies and dolls since it was so adorable. Moving on with that, what she didn't realize was that another pokemon saw the entire thing, the need to battle running through its veins. Gothorita was able to get a glimpse of the yellow pokemon, yet it hopped away unnoticed. Confused as to what it was, she didn't bother to identify it. They continued with their journey through the forest, Pawniard wanting to do some battling and training already.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

SPECIAL EVENT FOR WYMSICAL:

As Kate Brayve entered the dark and yucky forest, she could soon see light streaming down from between the leaves above. The trees formed a mattress that effectively made it feel like evening on the ground, but here and there, sunbeams fell through. One sunbeam fell down on a peculiar figure standing next to the road.

It was a trainer, and his eyes were closed. His hair was dark brown and went down over his ears. Not a single gust of wind flew through the tiny clearing to ruffle it. He suddenly noticed that someone was looking at him though, and opened his eyes, facing Kate straight on.

"You... are a trainer," he said with a slow, smooth and rather bright voice. His overall facial expression didn't change much as a tiny smile came over his mouth, making him look a bit eerie. "Excellent. My name is Georgi. Battle me."

He will insist on a battle, but other than that you are allowed to bunny and shape him however you want. His pokémon is:
    *Foreigners (IC)

SPECIAL EVENT FOR NAKUZAMI:

As Shun sat on the bench with Roswell, the pokémon suddenly noticed something and alerted Shun. Looking behind them, they saw a shady and sour looking girl with lots of long blonde hair scurring away from them, holding something in her hand... something belonging to Shun! A pickpocketer!

Decide for yourself what the pickpocket took from you. Her pokémon are:
    *Foreigners (IC)
    *Foreigners (IC)
    *Foreigners (IC)

and, being rather the rascal, she will use them all at once if you chase after her.

SPECIAL EVENT FOR OTHERWORLD9):

While walking through the forest, Stephany suddenly hears a voice.

"Oooh, what pokémon is that? I have never seen anything like it!" The voice is soon found to emerge from a young girl rushing towards them. She looks utterly excited. "It looks so menacing, but cute at the same time! I just have to trade it with you, please, please! Or better up, I'll battle with you to see what your pokémon is like first! Please please! If you are a trainer, you shouldn't say no!"

She was standing very close to Stephany, smiling widely, her big eyes shining with begging signals.

You decide for yourself how to respond to this excited girl. She seems to like your Pawniard a lot. If you battle, her pokémon are:
    *Foreigners (IC)
    *Foreigners (IC)

((OOC: In all of these events, try not to godmod. It's no fun if you break down all resistance with the flick of a finger, you know. -looking at Shun and his battle with a Raticate- ;) ))

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    They were having a good stroll, enjoying nature when all of a sudden a voice broke the silence. "Oooh, what pokémon is that? I have never seen anything like it!" The voice is soon found to emerge from a young girl rushing towards them. She looks utterly excited. "It looks so menacing, but cute at the same time! I just have to trade it with you, please, please! Or better up, I'll battle with you to see what your pokémon is like first! Please please! If you are a trainer, you shouldn't say no!" She was standing very close to Stephany, smiling widely, her big eyes shining with begging signals. Pawniard seemed heated up for a fight. She didn't know what to reply with. Stephany definitely didn't want to give away her Pawniard at all. Never in fact. However, she couldn't just say no and let this girl tell a story about a lousy trainer.

"I don't want to give my Pawniard at all," she replied to the excited girl. She seems to pout, yet still keep that shine in her eyes. A smirk erupted from the trainer's smile. Hoothoot started to open his eyes, fully rested for a while.

"Then you have to battle with me! You're a trainer! You have to!" she begs once more, Pawniard ready for a fight. She couldn't refuse a fight, much less from one who begs. Stephany finally nods, the girl letting out a little yelp of joy.

"Thank you! Then let us go one-on-one!" she backs away until they have some distance. Throwing a pokeball into the air, it opens and lets out a red light. Materializing into a Pikachu, Pawniard walks up to be in front of Stephany. They waited a while, until the girl broke the silence. "Then I'm first! Sparky, use Quick Attack!" she pointed at the Pawniard, who followed orders.

"Try to block it with your blades!" Stephany yelled out, the Pawniard crossing his arms in front of him. What they didn't expect was the Pikachu to be so fast, hitting Pawniard and sending him against a tree. Landing on his two feet, it was now his turn. "Slash!" she told him, the knight quickly jumping foward and sending his blades down. Suddenly, the Pikachu's tail landed against the slash, able to block it. Both Pawniard and Stephany were shocked. Luckily, he has a very high defense, so the damage was barely noticeable.

"Guess you can't underestimate the Pikachu girl!" the girl cheered, pointing at the Pawniard once more. Pikachu's tail didn't let go and instead wrapped itself around Pawniard's blade. Desperately trying to break free using his blades, it was no use. "Thundershock!" the girl hollered out, followed by a loud blast of electricity. Shocked, Pikachu let go of the harmed Pawniard. Still managing to stand up, Stephany stood there as she thought of what to do.

"Metal Claw!" Stephany ordered, Pawniard's blades glowing a metallic color. Using all his speed, he dashed and lifted his hands up. Lowering them to land a blow, the Pikachu had a mind of its own. Instead of hitting the pikachu, it landed on its glowing tail. Both used all their strength to push each other off, yet Pawniard had the upper hand as he let out a battle cry and pushed Pikachu off. He re-used Metal Claw and landed a rough blow on the rodent, Gothorita enjoying the fight.

"Sparky!" the girl was shocked, yet glancing at the Pawniard in awe. "Okay okay...I see now....Sparky! Double Team!" The rodent stood up and suddenly started to make copies of itself, soon creating illusions running around and around Pawniard. Confused, he glanced every direction possible to determine who was the right one. He jumped from one copy to the other, yet he hit nothing in particular. "Electro Ball!" she was glad to have the upper hand now. Pikachu's body started to glow yellow, all copies sending sparks out of their bodies. Pawniard still couldn't tell which was which. Stephany was desperate, yet remained calm and tried to find a solution. Pikachu's copies then condense their power on to their tail, forming a yellow-orange ball of electricity. "Go!" she commanded, the rodent throwing the Electro Ball at Pawniard.

"Use Metal Claw," she mumbled to the Pawniard, who was able to hear her voice and sharpen his blades. It was only coming from one direction, so they were able to pin point where it came from and where the real copy was. Right when the Electro Ball was about to impact, Pawniard tried to slice it with his Metal Claw. It was successfull at first, yet the elctricity was then shot at him, the effects damaging him greatly. Now he was paralyzed. The Pikachu took the chance and charged at Pawniard, its tail glowing once more. She had an idea. "Hey, Pawniard..." she called, the Pikachu about to land her tail. "Grab it!" she revealed, the girl gasping since she knew where Stephany was going with this. Pawniard hit with the Iron Tail, yet his defenses were high enough that it didn't do much damage. That's the good thing about steel types. Grabbing the tail with his blades, Stephany motions with her hands a circle, Pawniard nodding. He then lifted his hands, still holding the tail, and jumped. Coming back down, he slams the pikachu down, who yelped in pain and shock. Slowly backing away, Pawniard was panting.

Waiting for the Pikachu to come out, the dust and debree was starting to clear out. Once it cleared, there was barely a crater, yet it was more of a bump in the ground. Pikachu had fainted, twitching its leg and his eyes going round and round.

"Pikachu, return!" she took out her pokeball, the pikachu turning into a dazzling red light as it returned. Placing her pokeball on her belt, she took out another one, sending out a Pichu this time. "I want to know if it can handle another pokemon!" she challenged, Pawniard standing up. He got a little bit tired, yet the electricity did some serious damager on him from Pikachu's battle.

"Don't you want to go against Gothorita?" Stephany offered, the psychic pokemon going against it with a yelp. The trainer didn't agree.

"Nope! Now it's for real. Let's fight...with that amazing pokemon!" she hollered, Pichu charging towards Pawniard. "Tackle!" The pichu suddenly halted when the Pawniard un-crossed his arms, revealing blades on his body. Afraid, the pichu stopped and instead started to glow yellow.

'Drat....that Electro Ball again,' she thought, thinking that if Pawniard was hit with that once more, he was dead for sure. "Faint Attack!" she urged before the other trainer could give out a command. Pawniard runs up towards the Pichu who was charging up, the girl trying to help it dodge.

"Electro Ball!" she let out, desperate. It was too late however, since Pawniard suddenly disappears when he was beside Pichu. Afraid, she turns to see nothing to her right. Suddenly, Pawniard appears on her left when she wasn't looking, and lands a direct hit on the Pichu. Rolling against the ground, the Pichu's head hits harshly on a tree, ending the battle.

"Wow....that was....quick for a Pichu" Stephany said, Hoothoot finally standing up from the joy of battle. Who knew Pawniard was that good? Well, he was a steel-type, so it was hard to defeat one.

"Your Pawniard is so cool! Defeated both my pokemon without fainting!" she blurted out, sending her Pichu back inside its pokeball. "I was still training Pichu, which is why it didn't fight as well as my Pikachu. Wanna hear something? Your pokemon is so fast and powerful with good defense....but maybe you shouldn't underestimate your opponent so much, kay?" she adviced. "I have to take them to the poke center since I ran out of potions, so bye bye!" she waved, dashing away. When she wasn't able to be seen, Stephany kneeld beside her exhausted Pawniard. Hoothoot saw it all. Of course he wanted to battle like that Pawniard, with skill and swordsmanship.

"You did amazing! You were so awesome back there!" she hugs her Pawniard, already used to his blades. He retracted his blades, not wanting to harm her. Smiling, he hugs back. "Pawn-ia-iard," he cheered as well, finally getting some good training. "But we need to train you some more. If a trainer that tough is roaming here, imagine if we bump into a Master Quester.....we can lose under this condition," she said, Gothorita going through her stuff and taking out a potion. Stephany took it and sprays some at her Pawniard, continuing until he was all healed up and free of status problems.

"There. Feeling better now?" she whispered to him, patting his head. He smiled, nodding. "Good...we need to continue on, since we're probably lost," she informed them. Pawniard standing up. They continued their stroll, Hoothoot anxious to train some more. So this is what they mecome when they train hard and long. Intense training does pay off afterall. 'Not so bad, right?' Gothorita told Hoothoot before she hid her head inside the bag.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    ((OOC: I love how you give an event to Nakuzami while he can't post. xD))

Soo-yun sighed as she waited in the Pokemon Center in Viridian City. After taking down the Rattata and Pidgey, a Furret managed to get the drop on Jipye with a good Scratch attack. When Jipye was still reeling, the Furret was about to hit Jipye again when Jipye used Sucker Punch, a new move. It managed to knock out the Furret, but Jipye was still injured. Seeing as how they were close to the city, it wouldn't have taken five minutes to get there, Soo-yun asked Jipye to wait awhile in her pokeball. So, she was currently waiting for Nurse Joy* to heal Jipye (Toji hadn't battled, or in fact, been outside of his pokeball since landing in Kanto, so he had no need to be healed).

Suddenly, she heard someone, probably Nurse Joy, call her name. Soo-yun walked up to the counter and Nurse Joy handed her Jipye's pokeball.

"There you go, all healed up and everything!" exclaimed Nurse Joy.

Soo-yun bowed. "Thank you."

"It's no problem, I hope to see you again!"

As Soo-yun left the Pokemon Center, she couldn't help but find these parting words weird. Does that mean that Nurse Joy wanted to see her pokemon injured again? Sure, if her pokemon weren't injured, Nurse Joy would be out of a job, but someone who wanted pokemon to be hurt wouldn't be a good pokemon nurse.

Then, she realized something. Her mum had always been worried about her getting kidnapped/mugged/killed by either humans or pokemon. However, her mum didn't base her paranoia from out of the air, she read multiple cases in the newspaper (some she helped write) about trainers dying everyday. Perhaps that was Nurse Joy's round about way to tell the trainers to come back safely and not become one of those kids who died everyday from traveling.

Seeing this logic, Soo-yun felt badly at thinking so wrongly of her in the first place.

Soo-yun was near the Viridian Forest now. She could even see the city bleeding away to find the forest right in front of her. She breathed in deeply.

Playing in the Great Marsh in Pastoria meant that she felt more at home in nature than in cities. Soo-yun had always felt stifled in the cities and was always very jumpy (her mother drilled her paranoia into her daughter well). So, feeling the slightly toxic air melting away to the clean, crisp air that could only come from a forest, Soo-yun started into the Viridian Forest.

*She's only Nurse Joy 'cause that was her name given in Viridian City by...(cough) the first person in the Pokemon Center.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ((OOC: Oh dear, I didn't think of that xD But he'll see it when he comes back :3 In the meantime... I'll stick in something for Soo-yun to hear. ))

EVENT FOR MICHAELATHEUCHIHA:

The polite girl seemed to feel at ease in the forest, instantly relaxing as she came in under the dense trees. But the calamity didn't last for long. Soon, she was abruptly stopped by a rather old man standing in her way. His hair was gray and he was wearing green clothes, as if he wanted to blend in with the nature around him. He was breathing slowly but heavily and stared at the girl.

"A pokémon trainer," he said with a low and dark voice. "I know you are one. So fragile... without your pokémon, what would you be? Lost. Weak."

He slowly walked around the girl. "Pokéballs. You keep them inside them. How would you feel if somebody made you turn into energy and stay inside a tiny sphere on a belt for hours a day? Not well, I assume. Not well."

I (the GM) play the creepy man~

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    (Joint Post with Red's Hawt Chili Peppers)

((OOC: It's a monster! XD))

Soo-yun breathed in and out more, feeling more in peace in nature. Then, she noticed some rustling in the forest. She tensed slightly, ready for a fight, but blinked when she noticed an old man with gray hair and green clothes. The shade of green seemed to blend in well with their surroundings, making Soo-yun wonder if he wanted to be more tuned with nature. He seemed to be breathing slowly and heavily as he stared at Soo-yun. Although she was quite surprised by the old man suddenly standing in her way, she still was ready for a fight. Just because he was old didn't mean that he couldn't be weak; there were such things as Veteran Trainers after all and they only lived so long battling pokemon because they were good.

"A pokémon trainer," he said with a low and dark voice. "I know you are one. So fragile... without your pokémon, what would you be? Lost. Weak."

The man started to walk slowly towards Soo-yun. "Pokéballs. You keep them inside them. How would you feel if somebody made you turn into energy and stay inside a tiny sphere on a belt for hours a day? Not well, I assume. Not well."

Soo-yun felt conflicted. It was against everything that her mother taught her to speak up against an elder, to even say or even think that an elder is wrong. However, she couldn't just let the old man go with saying that; she loved her pokemon and they stayed with her out of love, not because she captured them.

So, Soo-yun bowed and made sure to talk very carefully.

"Harabeoji*, I will say that you are right when you said that without my pokemon I would be weak, lost, and most likely insignificant," said Soo-yun easily. She paused before continuing on. "However, you do not know me at all. For all you know, I could be a very abusive trainer that does not mind hitting my pokemon and even beating them. For all you know, I could be the sweetest trainer in the world and love and respect my pokemon. If my pokemon want to leave me, I will let them leave. They do not need to be confined by me. If they want to stick by me, but not stay in their pokeballs, I will let them roam free and throw away their pokeballs."

Seeming to come to a decision, Soo-yun let both Jipye and Toji out. Jipye and Toji glanced at Soo-yun, wondering just what they were doing out and who this old man was.

"If you had any honour, harabeoji*, you would leave them alone," stated Soo-yun. She turned to face her pokemon. "I am going to wait in the Pokemon Center." She turned back to the old man and bowed. "You may ask my pokemon whether or not they would like to stay with me or not. If they decide not to come to the pokemon center by tomorrow, I will return them back to their natural habitats in Sinnoh. However, if they do decide to continue traveling with me, you must leave me alone. Do we have an agreement?"

The old man was quiet for a moment. Then he chuckled loudly. "A trainer who can speak for themselves. Rarely seen these days. An experienced trainer, perhaps... Maybe you have seen a lot of battles. Seen them, but not been in them. Your pokémon have been in them. For love, you say. Yes... they say love is blind. When it comes to trainers and their slaves, love really seems blind. They don't know what their lives would be like as our equals. Because they haven't been there in a long time."

He took a few steps closer to Soo-yun's pokémon and eyed them hastily. "They look strong. Strong battlers. Strong here, strong there. Is that all that matters? We aren't strong. But we are free. If pokémon were allowed to lead their own lives, they would be strong in other ways. As we are. As you... could be."

His eyes narrowed. "Some may think pokémon shouldn't be our equals. They are lesser beings with powers only good for battling. But not you... no, I see that you think that you love your pokémon for other reasons. And respect... well, that is a widely used term."

He took some steps back again. "I don't ask you to leave your pokémon here and test their faith. Wouldn't that be the meanest thing? To tempt them with freedom... But they are obligated by their feelings of loyalty to you, their capturer, to seek you out again. Only a very malcontent pokémon would leave like that. Or a very, very smart pokémon. No, I just want you to think about what I've said... for your true feelings and opinion may come to matter much one day."

"Strength does not matter," agreed Soo-yun. "Who are we to say who is strong and who is not? Strength can be described towards many different things. We could call a pokemon that can knock out any pokemon that comes its way strong. We can call murderers strong, they would have to be in order to overpower people. We could call the sickest person strong because they still live despite being in so much pain. Strength is a relative thing and the meaning of strength changes from person to person. I feel that my pokemon are strong, not because they can win battles, but because they do not mind staying with me despite all my imperfections and fighting with me. You say that I have not been in any battles, which is true, but I am weak. I cannot fight on the level that they can. Physically, at least. Mentally and soulfully, I fight with them every step of the way, just as they fight with me. And yes, you are right in the fact that I do love my pokemon and I do not just think of them as tools for me to be used." Soo-yun rubbed Jipye's head. "Jipye saved me from drowning when I was small. She didn't have to. If she wanted, she could have ignored me drowning and left me there to die. But she didn't, she came and saved me and stayed with me, becoming my best friend." Soo-yun patted Toji's shoulder. "Toji had not liked me at first because he felt obligated to stay by me when I saved his life. However, I can tell that even though that was the only reason why he stuck by me in the past, even though I explicitly told him that he could leave at any time he wanted, I know that know he stays with me because he believes in me and he loves me. Plus, you say that it is cruel to tempt them with freedom..." Soo-yun smiled. It was a fairly bitter smile. "I tell them every day to leave me behind and to become their own pokemon, not weighed down by my human wills and selfish desires. If I am cruel for doing this, then I am cruel to them every day. My pokemon are smart enough to know a bad trainer from a good one. We have met all kinds of trainers on our journey and the both of them could immediately pick up on an abusive trainer just by seeing their body language. No, these pokemon are smart and they know that once I become unworthy of their support, of their love, they will have to leave. I would expect no less from them."

The old man didn't chuckle this time. But he started smiling, and actually didn't look as gloomy and creepy anymore.

"Who would think that I would run into such an insightful trainer today?" he said quietly and slowly. "You are interesting, lass. I have heard others speak like you do... and they are on a special path today. I wonder..."

Soo-yun couldn't help but wonder about what the old man said. Her true feelings and opinions may come to matter one day? How? And why? She suddenly had a sense of forbidding, knowing that later in the future, something was going to happen. An idea came to her mind, a very strange idea. She had heard about teams from other regions, Team Rocket from Kanto and Johto, Team Aqua and Magma from Hoenn, Team Galactic from Sinnoh, and Team Plasma from Unova. Her mum even had to write articles on some of the teams before. She couldn't help but wonder if any team was going to rise up. It was a ridiculous theory, but Soo-yun couldn't help but think it felt right.

"Harabeoji, is..." Soo-yun hesitated. It was obvious that the old man knew something that she didn't and the fact was, did she really want to know? "Is there going to be a new team like Team Rocket coming?"

The man now went back to chuckling. "Team Rocket? That old bunch of pickpockets? I know nothing of them. But the future looks grim... not all trainers speak like you do. And among those who do, most don't know what they are really talking about. But there is a path to take that will lead us all back to the light. I pray that if that path crosses yours some day, you will step onto it. Remember what we have spoken of here."

And then he actually blinked at Soo-yun with his old, glimmering eye. And turned to leave withour further ado. He was quickly disappearing more and more among the dense bushes.

Soo-yun watched the old man leave. When he was truly out of sight, Soo-yun bowed deeply and held that position for several seconds. After straightening her back, Soo-yun turned to Jipye and Toji.

"Shall we continue?" questioned Soo-yun.

Jipye and Toji nodded. Together, they started on the path through Viridian Forest.

*Grandfather

Last edited:

Wymsical

Years
    (Glad you guys didn't post THAT much this time. Alrighty, this guy looks like an emo. Juuuust perfect)

Kate Brayve
    Emo Beedrill

Kate ha been walking through the forest for a few minutes now, and she was already getting freaked out. Whole trees were infested with Kakuna and Metapod, Caterpies ran amok on the ground, it was hard to avoid stepping on the giant caterpillars. When Kate did step on one though, it was completely unharmed, instead, her foot bounced right off it and got covered in a repulsive slime. "Yuck!" she said, shaking it off. "This is so not my day..." she mulled, moving on. "You....are a trainer?" a voice came from behind Kate. It startled her, causing her to turn around and back off slightly. There was a boy, slightly taller than herself, with brown hair coming down across his eyes. He was dressed in a black hoodie and blue jeans, with what Kate's father might have referred to as 'Business shoes' and her mother as 'Old man's shoes'. Either way, he was pretty creepy overall, almost emo-creepy. "Umm...yes." Kate said hesitantly. "Excellent. My name is Georgi. Battle me." he replied. This was a little sudden, but Kate had heard that a lot of trainers in Kanto asked for random battles now and then. This must have been one of them, but Kate hoped they weren't all like him. A small-but-creepy grin spread across Georgi's face, making him look weirder than before. He stepped back about ten feet and released his Pokemon. "Beedrill, help me out!" he cried, as he threw a Pokeball into the air. From it came a Pokemon that Kate recognized as Beedrill. She took her Pokedex from her backpack and examined it. She wasn't sure how to use the Kanto edition, but she soon got to the Pokemon-identification app. "May appear in a swarm. Flies at violent speeds, all the while stabbing with the toxic stinger on its rear." it explained. "Wow, scary." Kate admitted. She also stepped back a few feet, then released a Pokemon. "Furr-et!" it cried as it came out. It was Kate's newly caught Furret. Great, my first battle in Kanto. Although it is with an emo guy, it works, Kate thought.

"You may have the first move." Georgi said, almost sarcastically. "Alrighty, Furret, use..err-hold on." Kate realized she had not checked her Pokemon's moveset yet. She re-opened her Pokedex and found the Pokemon profile app. Species: Furret, Sex: Male, Moves: Scratch, Foresight, Quick Attack, Fury Swipes" it said. "I can manage with that." Kate said to herself.

"Okay, Furret, use Quick Attack!"

The Furret shot like a bullet at the Beedrill right away. Kate ahd chosen this move because she knew Beedrill was very fast, and would most likely avoid the other moves. Furret dashed towards the Beedrill. Before it could react, it was hit by the move. It was pushed back, but regained its balance and took to the air again.

"Beedrill, use Twin Needle!"

The boy shouted at his Pokemon. Beedrill was quick to react, charging at Furret at high speed.

"Hold your ground, Furret."

Kate said. Furret did so hesitantly.

"Furret, dodge and jump on Beedrill!"

Kate said quickly. This was rather unexpected, but Furret did so. This was a good trick Kate's old friend Joel had taught her to give land Pokemon the upper hand in battles against flying Pokemon. In this position, Beedrill had a lot of extra weight, coupled with the fact that it could hardly do anything about getting Furret off. That is, if Furret could hold on.
    The Beedrill tried to shake Furret off instinctively, but Furret held on.

"Furret, use Fury Swipes on Beedrill's wings"

Like Kate's previous orders, this was rather unorthodox. Although Furret questioned the intentions of his master, he did what he was told. After a series of swipes on both wings, Beedrill fell to the ground, and crashed. Furret leaped off, seeing what his master had meant to do. "Awesome, Furret!" Kate said. The Beedrill was heavily immobilized, but ti was not down yet. Beedrill stood up and faced Furret. With no flight, Beedrill was slowed down significantly.

"Beedrill, use Fury Attack!"

Georgi shouted. Beedrill ran towards Furret at a slow speed. Georgi was looking frustrated. There were a lot of options now that Beedrill was slowed down, but Kate picked one in particular.

"Alright Furret, use Quick Attack!"

Furret did so, striking the charging Beedrill with great accuracy. However, before it could move away, the Beedrill caught it and smacked it down on the floor. Then it used a raging Fury Attack on the helpless Furret. Smack after smack came down on the Pokemon. Beedrill was relentless. When it finally finished, it moved back near its trainer to observe what it had done. Furret had difficulty getting up, but he did so anyway. "Furret, come on!" Kate urged him on. Furret was a lot like Kate, reckless, but brave. Before it could even hear what Kate was saying, it charged once more, no order, at Beedrill.

FURRET!

it shouted. It was using Quick Attack to the limit. Before you knew it, it had struck the Beedrill down, and was raging Fury Swipes down upon it. However much Beedrill tried, it's stingers were repelled by Furret's claws. As a last resort, Beedrill brought down one of its stingers upon himself, intending to knock both himself and Furret out, but Furret avoided it and grabbed it, it then continually smacked Beedrill with its own stinger until it gave up and fainted. Furret then let go of the stinger and returned to his owner. Georgi gasped and ran over to his Beedrill.
    Kate hesitated to speak. She was shocked at Furret's reaction. Finally, she spoke. "Wow....quite a temper tantrum." she said. Coming down to pat Furret. Well, that was certainly a new quality discovered from the cute lPokemon known as Furret.

"My Pokemon! Oh, come on!" Georgi looked over at Kate. He seemed quite upset. "Relax. If you think about it, Furret really didn't hit Beedrill that hard. Just take it to a Poke-" Kate wanted to finish, but Georgi shouted at her. "Whatever!" and returned his Pokemon. He ruffled his hair and ran past Kate, towards Viridian. "Well, that was NOT nice." she crossed her arms. Furret seemed to agree.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    So far, they have seen plenty of beautiful Ledyba cross their paths every few minutes, Gothorita starting to get attached to them. At one point, they saw an old man cross their paths back to the opposite way, yet Stephany was too far away to ask for any help. She wanted to do this herself, not any help. She had to be strong. Minutes had passed and they rest, Pawniard tired already. He didn't like being in his pokeball, so she respected his decision and waited.

Hoothoot was ready for practice, thus hopping off and landing behind her. Pacing off, he chose the closest tree to them and made his beak glow white. Pecking at the tree's trunk, he continued and continued. Gothorita noticed this and grabbed Stephany's attention. Stunned, she stood up and walked over to the bird.

"If you really want to train that badly-"

"Hoo-hoot-hoot!" the bird pointed at Pawniard, who already knew where this was going. Stephany was starting to understand everything. When she asked him if he wanted to catch up to Pawniard, the bird simply nodded.

"Oh...well, in that case, then you can train with Pawniard," she told the bird, Pawniard shocked to hear the news. "Won't you?" she turned to gaze at him. He hesitated in answering, yet nodded to please her. She smiled. "Good. Go off with Pawniard now," she told Hoothoot, who hopped over to him. Standing beside the knight, Pawniard stood up and walked over to the tree in front of them. The bird followed close behind. "Pawniard....try to simply use Metal Claw on that tree trunk until it nearly falls, ok?" she gave them a task. Pawniard nodded, Hoothoot awed at what Pawniard has to do. He didn't hesitate to start, sharpening his blades as they started to glow a metallic color. Watching him, it took him a few minutes until he started to slice the tree trunk, slowly making his way to the center.

Watching, memorizing, and imagining that only the Hoothoot was in his place. Boy would he be in tip-top shape. In fact, Pawniard was able to completely cut the tree except by a small amount by 5 minutes. Hoothoot was amazed. "That was the very first training type I did with him. We would cut trees and trees morning and night. Eventually, he learned Metal Claw and other neat moves," she explained. "Hoothoot. You can train with Pawniard if you like. All you have to do is block Pawniard's moves with any move you like.....except Hypnosis of course," she added.

"Hooo hoot?" it was amazed, not knowing what to say. She leaned against a tree, watching them. Pawniard walked over to him, suddenly using slash to land a blow. Stephany was stunned. "Not too rough!" she was startled. Guilty, he stood straight and apologized. Hoothoot then prepared his Peck, Pawniard using Metal Claw. Blocking the attack, the fifth one hit and damaged Hoothoot. He kept slashing the bird, Hoothoot continuing to use Peck at every turn. He got hit 13 times by the time Pawniard usd his 20 Metal Claw, halting at Stephany's orders.

"Not bad at all....but...from what you know, you need better moves-"

"Hoot!" it yelled, interrupting her. It pecked Pawniard, wanting more training as it panted. Smiling, it used Faint Attack instead, capturing Hoothoot by surprise and nearly fainting the bird. "Pawniard! I know he insisted but....," Stephany was worried for the bird. Gothorita leaped out her bag, running over to the bird and using a potion she took from the bag. Spraying Hoothoot, he was soon in better shape, just like new. She returned, jumping inside the bag and poking her head out.

"I don't know.....are you sure you're not doing it because of the power?" she asked, wondering. She has seen pokemon like that. Pawniard used to be the same exact way, yet he changed eversince then. "Alright then. Gothorita can handle that if you want to continue," she responded, Gothorita leaping out once more. Pawniard walked over to Stephany, sitting down. Gothorita took over from there. She stood a few feet in front of the bird, lifting her hands and a started to glow purple. Vines started to grow purple as well, forming spheres of vines. After 10 were made, she stood in front of the bird and threw one by one at Hoothoot, who used Peck to block at least one. Out of all 10, he only blocked the third one, failing to completely block all 9 others. They continued on, collecting more vines and leaves to make spheres that Hoothoot would block. Eventually, Stephany slept. Pawniard and Gothorita stayed awake, watching the poor bird train his bird feathers off.

They continued to watch the bird do so, until at last....he was able to block five in a row. After the 35th hit, Hoothoot couldn't take it and didn't stand up. Panting, he gulped and simply stared into the canopy above. There was barely any light coming down to the forest grounds. It was peaceful, yet his whole body ached. Pawniard and Gothorita must have gone through all this, so he had to do it too. Struggling to stand up, he collapsed in the process. Gothorita ran over, yet Pawniard dashed foward and prevented Gothorita from helping the bird. They left the bird to sleep in frustration, hoping to beat those spheres next time he wakes up. Gothorita pushed Pawniard, taking the bird and placing it on her lap as she sat next to Stephany. Pawniard looked away, sitting on Stephany's other side. Their bonds are starting to break free.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Continuing on the dense, dark forest, Kathy observed each of the trees, and the bug pokemon, until she heard a loud voice.

"My Pokemon! Oh, come on!"

She heard that that voice wasn't too far away, so she power walked more into the forest, brushing and moving leaves and branches aside that were in front of her face until she got a look what was going on -- someone had just won a pokemon battle against another, and the loser was devastated. She recognized the victor, it was a fellow trainer who also got a pokedex from Pallet Town. She had a Furret; perhaps, Kathy thought, she caught it from Route One.

"Relax. If you think about it, Furret really didn't hit Beedrill that hard. Just take it to a Poke-"
    "Whatever!"

The boy then started to dart away from her, right past Kathy, as he was heading towards Viridan City. Kathy then looked back to him as he was darting away, as she then turned back towards Kate.

"Um...Fräulein?" Kathy greeted, as she stepped forward. "I've... seen you at Pallet before, have I not? ...But imagine you beating me here... Not bad at all. Hah, and they have said that running at the speed of Sound: 340.29 miles per second was impossible."

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I had asked Prof. Oak if I could brew tea without anyone noticing. He only agreed if he could get some too, which I didn't mind very much until I looked at my supply. I barely had anyone left and this would be the last time I would be able to brew tea until I made it to Violet. It wasn't far, per say, but it was much of a longer walk than it was to Odale Town in Hoenn.

Kantoers are weird.

"Did you say something?" Prof. Oak asked from a different room.

Dang it, I said that out loud.

"Said what out loud?" The old professor asked.

"Nothing," I replied nervously.

The tea pot began to steam and that was the sign for me to turn off the stove. With one of the oven mitts available in the old man's lap I grabbed the pot and began pouring its contents into three cups. Korra, my Kirlia, was looking excitedly at the cups that sat on the table top. I gave one cup to Korra and she was now sitting down quietly on a chair, sipping her tea, and kicking her feet happily.

"Ah you're done with the tea I see," Prof. Oak said, popping his head back into the room He grabbed the second cup that was on the table top and soon I picked one up as well.

"While you were making tea, all the others have already left," Prof. Oak began as he breathed a long breath after taking his first sip of his cup.

"I could tell when the noises of the battle died down," I replied as I took a sip of mine.

"Well here is your ID and the last pokedex," Prof. Oak continued as he took a couple of things out of his white lab coat pocket, "It's very strange, but I reserved a brown one for you."

I grabbed my ID and the pokedex and shoved it into my pocket.

Brown, oh how I love you.

"Your favorite color?" Prof. Oak asked.

Dang it.

"Yeah," I trailed off…

I need stop thinking aloud.

Prof. Oak just stared at me. Thank goodness he didn't hear me.

"Um anyways… I'm going go…"

"Yeah," Prof. Oak coughed.

Things just got awkward didn't they?

Route 1:

It was a normal day on the road. I was walking to the next town/city, taking in the air, occasionally stopping to write random ideas that began to make its way into my brain, and Junior bothering many of the local pokemon. He seemed to have taken a liking to Pidgeys and began abducting them and bringing them to me.

Was this a normal occurrence?

Somewhat.

"Let the Pidgey go Junior," I chastised as he shoved another Pidgey at my face.

Junior looked down sadly in response that said: "But, but, I want to be friends with this pokemon."

Then he did something horribe. He looked up at me with watery eyes. Hi made his eyes grow huger and a pout had adorned. Yes, he did the dreaded Poochyena face. Most Grovyles were cool and very serious pokemon, so this type of face didn't really work with those, however Junior is an exception. He was always so childlike and energetic and the Poochyena face seemed so natural plastered on his face.

Dang it Junior, you just know that I can't resist that face.

Junior nodded making me curse. I must have thought aloud again. I really need to stop doing that.
    "Fine," I mumbled, but Junior managed to hear me and began to cry and dance in happiness. I began talking again, "But we need to battle it first."

Junior had looked at me blankly and we shared an awkward stare into each other's eyes. I knew it, he forgotten that we needed to weaken it. I let out a small chuckle and in response Junior let go of the Pidgey, who in turn began to fly as fast as the pokemon's wings could take it. Of course, this wasn't very fast.

Junior was about to jump into the action, but I stopped him, "The poor thing is afraid of you Junior."

This seemed to have affected him and he seemed to stop what he was thinking of doing. I grabbed Korra's pokeball and released her into the world. She materialized in a white light and I caught the small falling pokeball. Korra swung her head towards me and looked at the sky where I was pointing at.

"Think of Ally," I told her.

Korra sighed, Junior.

"Magical Leaf," I ordered Korra. The ballet dancer jumped into the air and began to spin. From her spinning, Korra released purple multicolored glowing leaves from her body and they homed in on the flying pokemon. The Pidgey fell from the sky as the leaves sliced its tiny body, crying in utter pain as a result.

Once the pokemon hit the ground it had tried to fly away again, but I wouldn't let it get away, "Magical Leaf!"

The Pidgey was quickly shot down from the sky once it lifted off from the ground. The pokemon realized that it would need to get passed Korra to be free. The bird then rushed in, staying low to the ground. The pokemon was flying faster than before and headed straight for Korra. A white streak seemed to follow and it gave me the clue that the pokemon was using Quick Attack.

"Stop it with Confusion!"

Korra held one arm in front of her and when she did Pidgey was stopped in its tracks. Korra's eyes were glowing as she was focusing her mental energy to keep the Pidgey still. In desperation, the bird began to cry in agony, trying to break free of the mental hold Korra had on her. With the flick of her wrist, the poor bird was sent face first into the ground. A dust cloud had formed from impact, but I wasn't too worried. The dust began to clear and the Pidgey was struggling to get up. The pokemon was using its small brown wings to support itself, trying to get on its feet.

Junior was excited and was happily skipping about.

I grabbed an empty pokeball I had in my bag. The ball enlarged as I pressed my thumb against the small button and then I threw it at the struggling Pidgey. The ball opened and devoured the pokemon greedily and then fell to the ground with a "plop".

The ball began to shake and I was beginning to face nostalgia.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    Waking up from another nap, her eyes met Pawniard's as the boy stood up. Gothorita was holding Hoothoot, which was an amazement really. She never saw Gothorita sleep outside of her bag. Surprised, she shook her slowly to wake her up. "Heey....Gothorita," she woke her up. Opening her beautiful eyes, she handed Stephany Hoothoot and then slipped inside that bag of her's, poking her head out. Placing Hoothoot on her head, the quadruplets started walking foward.

Nature was amazing with all these sights. Not long after, they bump into another Master Quest trainer. From what she could remember, the trainer's name was Soo-Yun. she wanted to ask for directions, yet she didn't want to spoil the training already. Stopping, they watched her leave their sight farther up North. They were able to get glimpse of a purple frog though, which she didn't seem to recognize. She wasn't that familiar with poison types.

They continued on until they reached a spot where the light from above touched the ground. There, a group of Pichu's were talking somehow. One had blue eyes, the other messy hair, and another had a star birthmark on its tummy. Watching them, Hoothoot's nightmare made him scream himself awake, making the Pichu turn to look at them. Pawniard was ready for action, yet she extended her hand to signal a stop to him. Having a pichu as a partner wasn't bad.....was it? If it evolved to a Pikachu....then a Raichu, maybe they would have an electric type on their team. But either way, Gothorita can learn electric moves later on anyway. Maybe they were useless.

Leaving the scared Pichu be, she left the vicinity and continued on to another trail. Pawniard was disappointed, thinking she was going to get those pokemon. Not long after, they met up with the same trainer from not a while ago. Maybe she knew the directions out and such. Before she could make a move, a sudden jolt of electricity hit Hoothoot. Shocked, he fell to the ground, landing head-first. It wasn't long before the attacker showed itself. It was that Pichu with the star birthmark. For a moment, she was going to tell Pawniard to attack. However, this might be a chance for Hoothoot to attack. He was all healed up, somehow being sprayed earlier (probably Gothorita).

"Alright....Hoothoot. Attack!" she pointed at the Pichu. Flapping his wings, he glided over the ground as the air supported him. His beak started to glow, Stephany finally ordering for a Peck attack. Suddenly, the pichu used its tail to slap the bird out of the way, followed by a thundershock that shocked the two of them. As Hoothoot slammed against the ground, he quickly stood up and then charged at Pichu. Still paralyzed, the rodent couldn't react to the tackle, thus getting hit by Hoothoot and slammed against a tree. Hoothoot moved backwards a few steps before his beak started to glow once more. Charging at Pichu, the rodent was able to get away and instead that beak landed on the tree. Stuck and not able to get it out, Pichu took that chance and used Thundershock once more. Yelping and screeching, by the time he took out his beak, he was lying flat on the ground.

"Come on Hoothoot....let's get you to your pokeball-"

"Hoo-hoo-hoot!" it was against leaving the battle, now struggling to stand up. The pichu snickered at Hoothoot, who was weak and exhausted. Closing his eyes, he refrained from using Hypnosis and dug deep inside to look for another source of power. Opening his eyes, his eyes locked on to Pichu's. As Pichu got close to tackle Hoothoot, he suddenly flaps back and opens his beak wide. What followed was something she didn't expect coming from a bird. Hoothoot then let out the loudest yell he could, his lungs trying their best. What followed were amazing red soundwaves coming out of his mouth towards Pichu. Once Pichu impacted on one, the rodent was sent flying to the tree behind hit, bombarded by more soundwaves. Once Hoothoot ran out of air and halted his yell, the soundwaves stopped as well. Pichu fell down, clearly fainted as it mumbles nonsense.

"W-wow....Hoothoot.....you learned....a new move!" Stephany was excited. The bird smiled before he fainted right on the spot. Running over to hold Hoothoot, she smiled as she hugged the bird. Gothorita took out the last potions they had, using one out of the three. Spraying it on the bird, it was fully healed up once more. Now they only had two potions. "He learned Uproar....amazing, right?" she asked her other two pokemon. Gothorita nodded happily, yet Pawniard simply crossed his arms. He must learn a new move to get Stephany's attention. What if another Master Quest comes by? He must know a new move to surprise them with! They continued walking, following the Soo-Yun, thinking that trainer knew the way out.

Wymsical

Years
    Kate Brayve
    Kate And Kathy​

"Never mind." Kate said after the boy was gone. She returned Furret to his Pokeball and brought out Vibrava. In a flash of red light, he appeared visibly excited. "Don't go running off now, I need you to spy a way outta here." Kate ordered Vibrava. The Pokemon set off beyond the trees to find the way out of Viridian Forest. Just as Kate was about to follow her... "Um...Fräulein?" a voice came. Kate looked to her side to see a rather familiar face. It was the girl who had fought the beanie boy in Pallet, the one with the Anorith. "Hi." Kate greeted. Hoping it was the appropriate response to 'Fräulein'. What was 'Fräulein' anyway? Probably another language, like the words Soo-yun had used on occasion in Pallet. For a moment, Kate thought she might need to bow, but it seemed this person was of a different nationality than Soo-yun.
    "I've... seen you at Pallet before, have I not? ...But imagine you beating me here... Not bad at all. Hah, and they have said that running at the speed of Sound: 340.29 miles per second was impossible." she said. Kate was at loss of words already, she had absolutely no idea what she meant by that. Then she remembered a name, Kathy. Kathy VonKurnase, she believed. It had shown up on a computer screen alongside pictures of this girl and her Pokemon when Kate glanced over at one back at the lab. Of course, she had absolutely no idea how to use a computer, being more of an outdoors person. The only time when she really liked being indoors was when she was in a shopping mall. "Yes, well, if sound can do it, why not us?" Kate said, trying to sound as pleasant as possible. "I'm Kate. And you must be Kathy, am I right? I saw you battle back in Pallet Town, very interesting Pokemon you have." Kate finished. Then she thought back at the Pokemon she did see. Anorith was a prehistoric Pokemon that lived in Hoenn. Perhaps Kathy was from Hoenn too. Kate thought about asking, but it seemed a little too rude at the moment, so she held it in.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    As Kathy addressed the young trainer, Kate greeted herself as well.

"Yes, well, if sound can do it, why not us?" Kate asked, as Kathy shook her head.

"I'm afraid that is impossible," Kathy inquired. "For you see, to run a the speed of sound means that we would have to break the sound barrier. And to break the sound barrier, we would have to get rid of drag. Which is impossible because of friction. Simple physics, really. However, I applaud you for reaching a theory, Fräulein trainer."

Kate then started again, introducing herself more properly: "I'm Kate. And you must be Kathy, am I right? I saw you battle back in Pallet Town, very interesting Pokemon you have."

"Yes, I have thought that I have seen you before," Kathy smiled. "Yes, I am Katharina von Kurnase. My family motto? Absolute victory. And I know -- AREN'T MY POKEMON JUST THE MOST PERFECT POKEMON OF THE ANCIENTS YOU HAVE EVER WITNESSED YOUR EYES UPON?! Mmmm...the TEXTURE! THE MYSTERY! THE TASTE! THE SWEEEEEET TASTE!!"

Kathy then squealed in happiness, as she continued to brag. "Ohhh yes; try taking a small taste, Fräulein -- or in other words, 'a lick' of an ancient pokemon!" Katharina explained. "YOU SHALL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! It will taste like the sweet, mooooldy smell of a lollipop that went stale for 5 days! Ah, the power of science...it is, how they say, better than everything."

Kathy then turned back to the young trainer. "But I must digress, Kanto does have very interesting pokemon, does it not? Especially the bug pokemon in this forest...very interesting! Scientifically speaking."

Back