• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forest Grovyle's Latest Works (NEW: 17/10/07 Oekaki Realism Tutorial!)

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    WOW! OMG! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! Your hands must have been made with the pureness of crystaline water!

Your art is unbelievable! *falls down* *wakes up* *stares at the falcon and at the Rayquaza pic for weeks

Keep going, FG!

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    Wow, thanks everyone! :D It's always such a joy to come here and find such wonderful comments! *huge hugs for you all!*

A dragon is certainly an interesting idea! I love dragons so I will definitely consider it ^^ I'm working on another big oekaki at the moment and it's going to my satisfaction so far! :) So after that I might think about drawing a dragon for you all!

I'll definitely dedicate it to all the wonderful members of PC if I do! :D

Fiver

Resigned. March 2005 - May 2012
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    cool drawing of the Charmeleon; I like XD

Forest Grovyle

Years
    Wow, thanks for the comments everyone! *huggles!* ^_^

You may have been wondering what I've been working on in the time being...I've been working on another big oekaki :) Unfortunately safety saving it didn't work so I've uploaded it to another oekaki so I can finish it off later. But I thought I'd show you it in progress. So here's my picture of a peacock, half-done! XD (the original reference photo again comes from the very kind Brett B!)

https://www.domeofstars.com/pokemon/oekakiss.png

Hope you like! :) I can't wait to get this finished! XD

Would anyone here be interested if I recorded myself talking about how I approach oekakis? :) I can try that if you think it'd help!

QFred

Behold...
    Years
    You did that peacock?? You're amazing, I just need to stare to you!

Just a thingie, aren't you thinking of evolving? You can't remain a Grovyle forever! And you have enough experience to evolve!!! Just a lil' joke to raises up the feelings!

Please, talk with us and tell us how you approach oekakis!

Okay, I know I'm exagerating a bit but those pics <(all you made until know)> are awesome!

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2022
    these are the best art work ive ever saw raquaza is my fav its great if i gave it a ratint it would be 97/100 near perfect

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
    Years
    Blazin Espio : << Almost attacked you there pal LOLXD

Awesome forest grovyle =3 Since I'm learning realism is there any tips you can give me to get better XD Layors, colors to use O_O Maybe a cookie?? :puppyeyes:

Great job Grovyle, I love it ^^

Housyasei-san

lalala
    Years
    FG, your art never cease to amaze me.

I love how you can make a transition from cel-shaded Pokemon and to photorealistic animal oekakis and back again. Ok, that sentence didn't make sense. Sorry about that. But what I mean is that you have the skill to both do such things. It'll be years before I reach that level of skill that you currently have...and that's why the oekaki is one of my major digital art place thingers.

Keep it up! :)

lol I sound leik a sukup lawl

Edit: as for showing how you do it...maybe a tutorial using the animated PaintBBS?

Forest Grovyle

Years
    Wow, so many responses! :D Thanks so much everyone! *huggles* ^_^ Here are my replies!

Cy: Hehe, thanks so much! Your comment makes me giggle XD I hope I can get this one finished! I might draw a smaller oekaki to tide me over in the meantime :) I think I need a little break from this one as it's a bit time-consuming!

QFred: hehe! Perhaps when I reach the age of 32 I should change my name to Forest Sceptile! XD It might be a novel idea to do that sometime! :) I'll think about what I'd like to say in my recording - are there any questions you'd like me to answer?

Blazin Espio: Thanks so much! :D I'm so glad you like it! ^_^ *hugs!*

Pok?-Munna: Thank you! The head was the first part I drew ^_^ It was probably the part that was the most fun to draw, too! So I'm so glad you like it! :D

Yami's Girl: Awwwww, thanks! You are great too! *huggles right back!* I'm so glad you like the picture! ^____^

Dardanel: Wow! What a compliment! *blush* Thanks so much! It means a lot to me that you think that of my drawing! ^_^

kygore trainer: hehe, a very precise rating! :D Thanks! That's such a sweet compliment! ^__^ I really appreciate it!

FNA: I'm going to probably record myself giving oekaki hints and tips ^_^ Layers weren't really much of an issue in this pic as they have been in others :) There's no real "background" to speak of so I just did the head and neck on the foreground and the tail on the background ^_^

Housyasei-san: Thanks so much! :D Hehe, yeah I love to vary my art styles! ^_^ I think I'm on an oekaki kick at the moment! It's just such a fun program to use! I would do a tutorial using animated, but my oekakis take so long that the animation program won't work :( It doesn't like long oekakis (ones that take at least a week) so it wouldn't send them in animation mode...sorry about that! >_<

If anyone has any questions they'd like me to answer if I record myself, I'd be happy to try and answer them! :)

Back