• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forest Grovyle's Latest Works (NEW: 17/10/07 Oekaki Realism Tutorial!)

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    The detail is amazing! The colors are very bright. You have so much patience. I wish I could do that. If you have the time, maybe you could make us a tutorial. I would love to learn how to oekaki like that!

I'd buy a print of it if you offered them! (And if I had paypal and was over 18. Hehe...)

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    If you're interested I made a little video showing some WIP shots :) It's not very good resolution and it's a bit naff, but PM me and I shall give you the link to it! (I don't want to put the link here because of bandwidth limits, so it's on a request-only basis). ^^

Thanks so much for your awesome comments everyone! *glomp!*

--FG

RLan69

Pokemon Junkie Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    Lovely to see you doing art again! The parrot looks 200% dead on!

QuickDude

fishing guru
    Years
    *sigh..

You leet art1stz and your tablets...

It looks too much like a photo. I am skeptical.

so uh, what is it you are doing? are you taking a photo and enhancing it? How about a before and after shot? What method do you use to generate those images?

Last edited:

Forest Grovyle

Years
    I don't have a tablet, QuickDude ^_^ I always use a mouse :)

It's a drawing from scratch - I use a reference photo and draw it, just like drawing a still life. I work from a blank canvas upwards. It's all done on oekaki PaintBBS, which is a Java applet. You can't copy and paste into it so you have to work by eye.

Here's a WIP shot if you're interested!
    https://www.domeofstars.com/requests/26.jpg

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    Wow FG! That Is amazing you should go into special affects/arts in movie making! you would be perfect you could even design all the characters you so good!! Keep up the amazing work FG!!

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2006
    wow these are simply amazing they look nothing like oekaki it looks like a professional picture but its not.can you do the realism like with other pokemon maybe you can give that a shot like you did with the falcon?

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
    WOW, another BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING oekaki, FG! *huggles* Seriously, if you posted that in a magazine, I would have thought it was a photograph @__@

Forest Grovyle

Years
    I just have to share this with you guys...

I AM SO HAPPY!!!

I feel absoutely WONDERFUL! I can't contain my happiness! :D I love you all! Your comments on my art are just so inspiring and make me feel inspired and confident in what I do.

This has been the best day EVER!!

Years
    wow, never thought that would happen FG! still its an awesome parrot, i love the feather effect yu do, the beaks nice and so is the eyes their so beautiful.

Back