• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forest Grovyle's Latest Works (NEW: 17/10/07 Oekaki Realism Tutorial!)

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    cool thay look nice.. though the gyarados looks like there iarent enough shades of blue in it..
    but the persian <3 the eyes on it

Sandran

Shinji Ikari fan! <333
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    Thats amazing! How you do it I don't know, because I don't have computer skills like that. I draw crappy on the computer, and semi-good in real life! Gyarados is awesome. <3 Nidoking and Persian rule too! :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    FG, I AM ABSOLUTELY SPEECHLESS ABOUT YOUR ART! ;_; I can't believe this! This is too awesome! XD *schockes* The shading, lighting, everything until the anatomy of the actual Pkmn, everything! XD I am just too shocked! *falls down chair 56 times like I said I would in the chat. XP*

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
  • Awesome work, FG.

I knew you were very talented. But, I hadn't bothered to stop by your thread. I wish I had. I've just looked at a couple of other examples. I don't actually know what to say. Hope you never give this up, it would be an awful shame for some like you to give up something, that you are plainly good at. I will hopfully be popping in here more often.. if you don't mind.

[Edit] I'd just like to ask, how long do these take to do, and get them to this quality standard?

Also, how long have you been drawing things?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Awesome, as usual FG ^_^ *hasn't replied to this thread for ages x_x*
    I absolutely love the look on Persian's face and the pose seems really dynamic, too.

There's something about Gyarados that doesn't seem right, though. The way it's bending seems un-natural somehow...

McGraw

hoppipola
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 14, 2010
    First and probably last post for me in this forum... my posts come at a premium =]

I was snooping around your DeviantArt page, and I thought this thread merited a reply! You are truly exceptionally skilled (and I rarely dabble in hyperbole), but I won't say any more; you've heard it all before.

The peregrin falcon (the eye is incredible) and macaw are my favourite. Keep it up =]

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
  • Wow! :o So many responses in such a short time! ^^;; Thank you everyone! Blimey, I'm really on an art rush, aren't I? I guess I'm just so happy to get out of uni that I can't stop drawing! hehe!

Here's a revamped Granbull in the FR/LG style! :) It's kinda fun revamping the Johto Pokémon, but pretty hard...

EDIT: Oh, and in answer to your question, I have been drawing as long as I can remember, but I only started using the computer for pics in 2003. :) And these pics take in the range of 2 hours to complete.

--FG

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    OOO: I WANNA TOUCHIE. *scratches screen*

XDD Anyways, all of these are awesome. I am absolutely speechless. ;_; You are really an awesome artist, FG! =DD

There aren't any flaws on the shape, shading, lighting, anything. Everything just seems so perfect. ^^

Keep it up, FG, I anxiously wait for your next awesome drawing. ^^;

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
  • I love your granbull, amazing colour choices as always. I lvoe how you always use a muted pallette. I must admit, I like the Gyarados the best, because of the sheer detail you use.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • The Garydos was wonderful, and the Granbull looks ready for a match in a boxing ring! :P Again, you are keeping par with you amazing work! Thank you for continuing to share your work with us!

Forest Grovyle

Years
  • *glomps* Thank you SO much everyone! ^^ Reading over all these comments made me smile! :) I'm so glad you liked the Gyarados and the Granbull!

Been working on a little pic tonight for fun...Lucario on a rock ^^

Hope you like it! :) I know the moon is untextured, but that's because it's 2:30am and I'm done for now XD I will work on that tomorrow!

--FG

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    That look, I dunno how to describe it, I like the texture of the rocks, very realistic

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Rocking as always, FG (note the pun? Bah, never mind). You in the mood to try some of the other D/P series, I'd be quite interested to see your take on Buizeru, as well as the male/female leads as well. Just throwing a few ideas in your direction :-)

Forest Grovyle

Years
  • *hugs* Thanks guys!! ^^;;

I don't really like drawing trainers (I find them a bit boring and difficult to draw) - I much prefer drawing Pokémon. ^^ They're just so much more varied! I want to practise more with this rock style and see if I can get a complex background out of it! :D

--FG

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    woah.. i guess the wacom is doing its job ;D
    though the moon needs work ^^;
    the border isnt really nessisary either

Back