• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forest Grovyle's Latest Works (NEW: 17/10/07 Oekaki Realism Tutorial!)

Melody

Banned
Years
  • Hehe thanks! :D Hey McGraw, haven't chatted in a while ^^ Sorry, been so busy with uni!!

Wish I could see them as posters but unfortunately due to copyright I can't :( I would love to though!

I just made up a random husky character but I can't think of a name for him - any ideas? :)

huskycharacter.png

--FG
    How about Shadow? or Dark?
    Or maybe even Charlie...

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    Wow, that husky character is adorable! I just wanna hug him ^^ As for a name... hm... here's a couple of suggested names. Isamu, or Takeshi, maybe? (they both meen 'brave' or 'bravery' in Japanese) Or Kyo, Ramu, Kendu, Thrush, Frost... (< random names)

Keep up the good work!

~ML

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • Hehe thanks! :D Hey McGraw, haven't chatted in a while ^^ Sorry, been so busy with uni!!

Wish I could see them as posters but unfortunately due to copyright I can't :( I would love to though!

I just made up a random husky character but I can't think of a name for him - any ideas? :)

huskycharacter.png

--FG
    Wow, awesome Husky picture! I would help you think up a name, but I am really bad with names. XD *huggles it* I love Huskies! <33~

~Jack~

Back In Business
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2007
    Wow

Wow the pictures are amzaing. Forest Grovyle, you really have talent :).
    Incredible.

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
  • Battle of the Dragons - Charizard vs Salamence

Sometimes, battles get so fierce they leave the stadium. ;)

Photoshop Elements with mouse, around 10 hours' work. The background (not the stadium) was done with a reference and some brushes. I based the stadium on the design from Mewtwo Strikes Back as I liked those colours. :)

I don't know who'll win but I'd prefer it to be Charizard!

--FG

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
  • Oh wow, the perspective's amazing! The lighting and shading are fantastic, as is the movement in this piece. It's simply amazing.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Haven't replied to this thread in a while.

Anyway, I love your new artwork. The shading is awesome and I love the perspective... <3 However, something bugs me about that Salamence. Its neck seems a bit chubby and the legs are in an odd position, making it look like it's running in the air or something, and that's about everything that's wrong with the picture. The background is amazingly well detailed and the coloring is awesome.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    wow i havent seen your work in a long time.. nice to see you are updating!
    the dog looks nice..
    as for the dragon battle.. i think salamences attack could use better effects.. and i think you lost consistancy when doing the shading.. some parts are smooth and some parts are smudged half heartedly.. love the bg though.. but the focal :/
    btw if you want cs2 you know where to come ;)

Forest Grovyle

Years
  • I didn't once use the smudge tool o_0 So I am a bit at a loss as to how it could look smudged...if you are talking about the motion blur on the stadium, that is to simulate height and speed.

And technically it IS running in the air ;) I wanted it to look like it was almost galloping, like Pegasus in Hercules. As for the attack, I wanted it to be a white beam. :P What else is there to it? XD

I'm not usually so defensive, but I put a lot of time and effort into this and to be told something is 'half-hearted' is a little...well...hurtful. When I crit something, I never assume that the artist didn't put effort into it. You can't tell this from just looking at a picture. I actually like to point out the effort someone's put into a piece.

Glad you liked it though. :)

--FG

Last edited:

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    hmm i looks kinda smudged.. like for example the lighter part on charizards stomatch
    and i love the bg.. like smarts said gives it perspective

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • O_O
    Well that picture looks awesome
    you are so good that it seems like it was an actual screenshot fom the movie
    Yet again FG takes the art cake with her latest work:"Battle of the Dragons"

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • My first time (if I recall correctly) at your art thread Forest Grovyle.
    You do kickarse Sugimori and your Pidgeot came out awesome. *likes Pidgeotto and the evos*
    btw, believe it or not I've tried realism myself many times.... but most of the time I feel it comes out crappy. Maybe once I finally get that dream self-portrait of myself done, I'll post it at my thread.
    What I tend to have a probem with is the eyes (their shapes), the hair and the cheeks. I'm ok with anatomy.
    Btw, I know you can do new Sugimori but what about the old-school style. I like that over the new stuff because the colors are brighter and lighter and happier and more Pokemon-ish. Just an idea, not a request or anything, I swear!

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
    Years
  • i havent been hear in ages...
    glad to see your pictures are just as good as ever. or even better so.
    the lighting effects are perfect, and even the tinyest details have been included.
    (what do the advertisments say?)

Years
  • wow i havent seen your work in a long time.. nice to see you are updating!
    the dog looks nice..
    as for the dragon battle.. i think salamences attack could use better effects.. and i think you lost consistancy when doing the shading.. some parts are smooth and some parts are smudged half heartedly.. love the bg though.. but the focal :/
    btw if you want cs2 you know where to come ;)

wtf... what smudge???
    And i'm pretty sure that she dosent really need any new programs, and nyway, CS2 takes years to load, i spent another 200 bux to buy cs1 coz cs2 sux!!!
    http://beta.twelvestone.com/forum_thread/view/26986 said:
    CS2 take a dog's age to just to load.
    It sacraficed Speed for ONE new tool on it... how sad..... i guess no more improvements for Adobe to make it into CS3.... or are they gonna add a bundle program called 'Adobe Paint'?

Forest Grovyle

Years
  • PoKeSaFaRi

Former PokemonSafari Webmaster
    Years
  • I found those stories and drawings real nice. It does suit the whole script. Good work =)

Forest Grovyle

Years
  • Thanks PokeSafari - yay, someone commented! XD

Here's some Pokémon art, I know that's what people want to see. ;) It was going to be used in a theme but that got cancelled, so thought I might as well put it up here.

pochamaevos.png

More theme art coming soon I hope ^^

--FG

Back