• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forest Grovyle's Latest Works (NEW: 17/10/07 Oekaki Realism Tutorial!)

freundmon

View,Take notice,Take in,wait
Years
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    Sugimori style isn't MY style though. I wanted to do another style which isn't just a copy of somebody else's. I personally like the look as I find it clean and simple. :P Sometimes it is nice not to have to stretch yourself and to just draw something fun and relaxing. I don't have to try and outdo myself all the time. ;)

--FG

fhew, I thought I was going to be flammed of the boards for that one. I guess sugimori isn't your style.. heh. But Your SO AMAZING AT IT! I really do miss it, because it's where you shine. And everyone needs a break your right, I just hope you get back to the finger breaking bajillion hour pictures. I love to see artist strive to do their best possible. Maybe you should update your legendary picture? What... I don't know every picture you've posted by memory?!?!? *shifty eyes* No not me... maybe the person who will post below me but.... not me... *dashes away*

Edit- Can you answer a question I've been wondering about? I've seen about 3 really great artists on boards, You Kasedilla and Midna (although there are others) ALL FEMALES! Why do guys suck so much? Is it cus we were born on venus? It seems we seriously lack artistic talent when we are placed next to you girls :( not fair.

Last edited:

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
  • freundmon, if you want an update of the legendary picture, have a look here: Legends of Sinnoh! :)
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/49032083/?q=by:yayster+in:scraps&qh=sort:time

Satoshi, I don't understand what you mean ^^; Could you explain?

Ethan, I'm a girl - but don't worry, lots of people get that wrong :D So glad you enjoy my artwork though! ^^

Couple of new pics, some oekaki realisms (I'm going to try and draw all six characters and then piece them together for upload to dA): Chandler and Rachel from Friends!
    Click here and here!

--FG

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • -Speechless-
    FG, you are amazing! I just decided to look in your thread just now, and I was looking at all of your art work and really, I don't even know what to say, its just... awe-inspiring. I really wish I could draw like you.
    The only pic I didn't really like was the old Rayquaza picture, something seemed off with the arms. But the rest were just... Well you get my point. xD

But seriously, keep up the good work! ^.^

Forest Grovyle

Years
  • Thanks you two *hugs* ^^;;

I agree Killer-Swift, the old pics suck now XD I don't even like to look at them anymore, lol! I'm much more pleased with my recent work. :)

Shoot, was new paged XD Here's the links to my latest stuff so you don't have to go back a page.

Couple of new pics, some oekaki realisms (I'm going to try and draw all six characters and then piece them together for upload to dA): Chandler and Rachel from Friends!
    Click here and here!

--FG

Last edited:

Ullion

Years
  • FG, with your "oldie" art work, the Rayquaza wasn't that good, but I did like the Deoxys and Huntail+Gorebyss drawings you had. They looked quite nice, actually. ^.^

And now since I've found this place, I'll make sure to check here daily to see if you have any new masterpieces. ;P
    And btw, I liked that one Sandslash drawing you had too, its one of my fav pokemon too. :P

freundmon

View,Take notice,Take in,wait
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2007
    POIEHIQUHEHU!!! LOVE YOUR REALISMS! MRARARARARJKJKQWEH *DROOL*. That picture of Rachel would make brad want her back :P. I bet when people stand next to you they catch talent, because you obviously emit it. MEH I love your realismsmsmsmss And the dragon ghost pokemon on your new legendary pic is reeaaallyy good, not quite three dimensional, but it jumps out at you more than the rest so... 2.5 dimensional

Years
  • Thanks you two *hugs* ^^;;

I agree Killer-Swift, the old pics suck now XD I don't even like to look at them anymore, lol! I'm much more pleased with my recent work. :)

Shoot, was new paged XD Here's the links to my latest stuff so you don't have to go back a page.

Click here and here!

--FG

Both of them look awesome!
    although, the right side of rachel's face (our right) seems a bit wierd, and so does her left eye, might just be me.

But still amazing as usual :P

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Holy Crap! Those realisms are great!! Did you use any photo references, may I ask? Also, your lighting really shines (pun intended) here ^_^

I liked that show, I didnt know anyone else still remembered it xP

PoKeSaFaRi

Former PokemonSafari Webmaster
    Years
  • Awesome realism drawings once again. They do look like them.

And talking about the colours, they blend perfectly! I love the way Rachel's hair looks. It looks like the real thing!

I'll definately fav that drawing once you post it over at DA =P

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    i see you are excited that life on mars is back on telly :P
    nice 4th gen pics ... seems like plushie toys rather than 'real' pokemon.. love infernape though :).. maybe they dont look like 'real' pokemon because they arent sigormori(sp) style images
    oh chandlers shirt is unfinished .. and rachels eye seems odd
    great work :)

Forest Grovyle

Years
  • Chandler's shirt isn't unfinished. ;) That side of his shirt in the reference is out of focus and doesn't have any detail on it. I'd rather not have many crits on the realism if people haven't seen the refs. XD Plus, I spend hours and hours on them ;) I think I'll specify that next time - they're the only drawings I'd rather not have critted too heavily XD

Yes, I actually run a LoM website, so I am very excited that it is back on TV - are you a fan?

Glad you like the pics. I'm not going for "official" style so that's probably why you didn't think they looked that way - they're just simple pics, for fun. :D

Thanks all! :D

--FG

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Wow Forest Grovyle, those Friends pictures are fantastic! I adore the one you did of Chandler, it's really nice and the textures you got in his shirt are awesome. For Rachel, I think you did an excellent job on her hair getting the diffent colors and all. Since I'm a big fan of the show, I thought these were awesome for realism.

Excellent!

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    heh yea i guess i would have to see the original stocks :P
    an no im not a fan but my bro is..

Ullion

Years
  • Hey FG! I was just wondering, (since I'm too lazu to look xD) have you posted any handdrawn pictures of yours? Im really interested in seeing them. ^.^

Forest Grovyle

Years
  • Back