• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forest Grovyle's Latest Works v2.0 (NEW! Indiana Jones)

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
Years
  • Welcome to...
    Forest Grovyle's Latest Works!

PLEASE NOTE:

I do not take requests, sorry :( I don't have enough time. Thanks for your understanding.

Do not use my images to make signatures or other graphics. They are not for public use outside of the PC avatar gallery, or where I have given permission.

Well, my old thread died, so here's a new one XD

I always appreciate any comments you might have on my art :D I love reading and receiving them! I also occasionally take suggestions as to what picture to draw next, so stay tuned in case I am! :) I mainly draw Pokémon, but also dabble in other fandoms such as Red Dwarf and The Last Unicorn - you'll find all sorts in here!

I use Photoshop Elements and Oekaki PaintBBS for most of my computer-drawn works, which are the majority of them. There are a few hand-drawn pics in here somewhere, though! ;) For those I usually use a good ole' 2B pencil. The pictures can take anywhere from half an hour to a few days to complete, depending on the subject matter!

I'm also fond of drawing realism, and am trying my hand at drawing humans recently...I want to be able to draw them realistically! :) Now if only I could manage to master anatomy! >_<

Here are some of my fave pictures!

Realism

Oekaki - Peregrine Falcon (which somehow managed to get a DD! XD)
    Click here!

Oekaki - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    Click here!

Oekaki - Dangerous Dan McGrew (from Red Dwarf)
    Click here!

Oekaki - Hope Springs Eternal (The Shawshank Redemption)
    Click here!

Oekaki - Take A Look At The Lawman (Life On Mars)
    Click here!

Oekaki - Here's Lookin' At You, Too! (Blue and Yellow Macaw)
    Click here!

Oekaki - Chandler Bing (from Friends)
    Click here!

Oekaki - Poker Night (Friends Cast - which ALSO managed to get a DD! XD)
    Click here!

Oekaki Realism Tutorial
    Click here!

Crossovers

Pokémon: Red Dwarf Version!
    Click here!

Sugimori-style Pokémon and characters

Pinsir
    Tauros
    Chatot
    Pidgeot
    Wigglytuff
    Golduck
    Sandslash
    Arcanine
    Houndoom
    Persian
    Nidoking
    Gyarados
    Buizel
    The Pokémon Starter Evolutions, Kanto-Hoenn
    Granbull
    Female Pokémon Ranger
    Male Pokémon Ranger

General Pokémon

Legends of the Pokémon World (one of my faves)
    Legends of Sinnoh
    Battle of the Dragons - Charizard vs Salamence

My latest work:

The Wind Waker

Hope you like! :)

--FG

Sparkz.

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I love your works Forest Gorvyle, especially the Chandler Bing one (i'm a great Friends fan). However the Poker one looked a bit Fake, but I can see you worked very hard on your art.

Years
  • Hey, F.G! :D

I like the new artwork! (the Wind waker) The water's shade is pretty good. (i'm thinking it's line-less picture, right? Nice)

~A.R

Forest Grovyle

Years
  • What do you mean "fake?" XD It's supposed to look a little painterly (the original does as well) if that's what you mean? Anyway, I'm happy with it myself ^^ It did take two weeks to do ;)

Thank you, I like the Chandler one too!

Thanks Anastasia, yep, it's lineless style, something I don't do that often for non-realism ^^

--FG

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Oh, you made a new thread I see! ^_^ I'm suprised how quickly I saw this! xD

Have you updated since the old thread? I saw your Wind Waker pic on dA! I love how you captured the effect of the cartoony style perfectly! I could see that as professional box art and would think it belonged there! 8D

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
  • there is a version 2? how come no one told me about this? >.<

anyway just wanted to say i love you works forest grovyle and keep it up!

my favorite is the link one that thing looked cool.

if you can maybe a chimchar sugimori?

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
  • EEEK of course I must post in this new thread <33

You already know that I'm a major fan of your art. And your oekaki's always blow me away. And I've already said this before, but if you drew pictures for a magazine, I would subscribe <33 You're honestly one of the best artists on the web <333 I esp. love your coloring and smooth lines. You're amazing <333

Forest Grovyle

Years
  • Amp, I think you ARE good ;)

Thank you for your kind comments everybody *hugs* They mean a lot to me!

EDIT: New pic! Just messing around with Subeta-style...this is a larger version :) An angelic Tigrean!

--FG

Last edited:

Sparkz.

Pokemon Trainer
    Years

EDIT: New pic! Just messing around with Subeta-style...this is a larger version :) An angelic Tigrean!

--FG
    Nice one Forest Grovyle, I love the texture you gave it's wings; however it's Paws look akward

Years

--FG

I like that yellow glow you gave on that ring thing. (have no idea what you call it. xD) Cute colors. I like it. ;)

*zomg 500th post*

~A.R

Sparkz.

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • The Paws looks like the fingers are cut off, if you can have them curving off the hands and a bit longer then that will be good. You don't have to do it, please don't take this a bad way :classic:

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
    Years
  • I love the new image you've created. I think it looks like a cross between a Neopets character and Simba from the Lion King =D. Anyways I think its awesome keep up the good work.

~Pikachu Trainer

P.s: Anastactia. R: The ring things called a Halo =D Lol

Back