• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forever the Pikachu Race

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

A bred a sentret for a challenge. not exactly how i wanted it (couldn't bother to give it aqua tail which could have been helpful) but it's been good enough on the solo challenge ♥

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

I actually tried doing a challenge in which one of the selections would be to breed a Pokemon and use it in your team. But it wouldn't work quite well for Gen I games and it's remakes.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Yeah, it definitely sounds like a challenge that can only be one in later generations.

Years

I only ever bred a Donphan and a Marowak. The Marowak is lost to the annals of... wherever deleted saves go, and the Donphan is currently in my HG team.
She has Ice Shard :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now

Never tried a challenge. I think I'd rather play Pokemon games normally. Yesterday I used a original Gameboy that I have just for fun and at least the save file of my Pokemon Blue is still intact. Too bad my Gold one got deleted with all these 250 different Pokemon, more than 250 hours of gameplay, all the shinys and Pokemon I took so much time to train to Lvl 100...

I've totally forgotten that there was a handheld that lets you adjust color contrast (even though it doesn't really matter since the Gameboy can only display 4 different colors xD)

Years

Speaking of Shiny Pokémon. Is it just me, or was shiny breeding in gen 2 RIDICULOUSLY easy if you bred for the shiny WITH a shiny?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now

If you breed a shiny with another Pokemon in Gen 2 the chance of getting a shiny was about 1/64 I think? Yeah, it's pretty high especially if you use the shiny Ditto trick.

Years

...Shiny Ditto trick? Care to enlighten me?

(btw you gotta love when you transfer a mon from RBY to GSC and it's shiny and you're like OOH YES but you wanted to transfer it back to RBY and you're just)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Never had that happen. Though Gen II I did find the most random shinies. Don't have any of them anymore though except my Shiny Elekid from the mystery egg. Didn't even know it was shiny until I transferred it onto Pokemon Stadium II.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now

Part of it you answered by yourself. You have to trade a shiny into RBY and then find a wild Ditto. Let it transform into your shiny and then catch it with a masterball (don't know if other balls work; haven't tried that in a while). As soon as you transfer this Ditto into GSC you should get a shiny Ditto. Since Ditto is compatible with most of the Pokemon if you use it for breeding every egg you receive has that 1/64 chance of containing a shiny. Don't really know how this tricks called but since you get a shiny Ditto as a result I might as well call it shiny Ditto trick xD

Don't try that with a Mew, though, since RBY recognizes every wild Pokemon which used transform as Ditto, so if you catch a Mew which used transform you only get a Ditto out of it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Some legendaries have genders now but why all legendaries can't have genders i'm not too sure.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

Maybe because in gen I, they haven't implemented genders yet and they wanted to keep it like that for a while? :C

I really dunno *_*

Back