• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forget you, it's all about me! Or... *is* it about you?

Just answer the question.

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    I don't really know how to answer that question, because I never really pay atention to myself too much. I usually try to think of others rather than myself, because....well it's the right thing to do. If I were selfish I probably wouldn't have too many friends.

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    It depends on who we're talking about. I have friends I'd get the crap beaten out of me for, but everyone else? Not really so much. At all.

Selfishness is human nature in a way, but I don't suppose that makes it a good thing.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Well I tend to talk about myself a lot. But that's just lately.

A lot of stuff has been going on. Dramatic stuff that my friends don't mid discussing with me, and I seem to babble on and on about it and my thoughts on it. I barely ever remember to ask them how they are, because it's all I can think about.

So I guess I have been lately, yes.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    It's human nature to be selfish; as far as humans go, I'm pretty selfish, because I'm spoiled and I know ways to get what I want, when I shouldn't get it.

And like all humans, I have my selfless moments, too.

Drakorn

[b][color=red]Skarmory is love[/color][/b]
    Years
    I am actually selfless, I give more then recieve. If someone gives me something, I would give them something back. Such as christmas, I pay more on gifts then everyone else within the family.

NightonEX

The Apple iSuck Fan!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2007
    I'm sorta both... I dont like recieving when I cant give. And I can never give. I dont have anything. My MOM does. *Hates my mom* So I guess I'm forcibly selfish :(

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    I tend to try and make people think I am selfish, and narcissistic, but in reality, if You're someone I knew, and liked, I would give you my world O_O

It really depends who I'm around =/

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I'd say I'm selfish, but try not to act selfish. Usually when I face a decision where I could benefit from doing something that could really upset someone I end up doing whatever it is that will make someone else happy, but that's only if the consequences aren't as dire for me as they would be for the other person/people, so I'd say I'm somewhere inbetween. But in the end it all comes down to the situation. I don't really mind doing small favors even if I don't benefit from it though, so I'd say I'm a bit more on the selfless side. When it comes to food, I'm a selfish pig, though.
    Nope, I'm not selfish. The ones who are selfish are quite rude, no offense.
    Everyone is selfish to some extent. No matter how perfect we try to act, all of us have a survival instinct that forces us to act selfish at times. If you can honestly say you've never acted selfish, you're just not human because selfishness is part of human nature.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I am selfish at home. But at school I never take anything. I always give people pens and anything they need.

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
    When it comes down to it, I can be a selfish person. A lot.
    I do what I want to get what I want and sometimes I just don't care.
    It takes someone really special to bring out the good selfless person in me.
    The someone who would be happy to do anything for anyone and be nice about it.
    Actually I'm like that a fair amount of the time... But generally not.
    So yes. Everything's about me.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I"ll say that I'm selfless usually. I give what I can. I'm quite nice. But yeah. At times I can be selfish too. >_< But in the end all that matters to me is that what I do causes no one to experience unnecessary sorrow.
    I'm always kind. I'm not the type that gives away things like nothing but If I had something that someone else would be happier with I'd give it to them. So, I'll say I'm little bit selfless more than selfish(55%/45%) but then again, Who doesnt have their selfish times?

Years
    Selfishness is a complete human nature, but...I don't really think too highly of myself, usually I tend to bash myself for all the wrong reasons. :/ I can be selfish sometimes, but I tend to control that so I don't show any biasty towards myself.

And this thread has made Poll of the Week! :O

~Stickied

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Poll of week now...? o_o

Well, I voted who cares because it's a general term that has many different definitions.

To me, selfishness just means thinking and all activities related to one's own mind and curiousity. Which everybody has to do so far as they want to be alive.

But the general definition is probably closer to describing a very depraved and boring person.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I would vote who cares? o_o

I can be selfish at times. I ask for several things and don't usually give anything in return, and sometimes it's just the other way around which makes me think I'm selfless. It just depends..

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    When I dont have friends around sure I'm selfish but when my friends are around I treat them the way they should be treated

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    The poll of the week is back!

Anyhow, I consider myself to be selfish. I'm arrogant to a fault, thinking that nearly everything that I do/say/breath is the most important thing ever. Rarely do I ever give any part of myself to someone, unless I really like the person.

The one thing that I do give others is time for me to listen to them. If any of my friends have a problem, I'm always there to listen to them. Then I do my best to comfort them.

Back