• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Formatting GIFs

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    I downloaded the Ultimate BW Pack on this site, and I'm having what seems to be common problems with the GIF sprites (ex. misaligned positions). I tried to reposition them in Editor, but it crashes. Searching the forums, I found the problem is that Essentials doesn't naturally support GIFs, so by trying to use them the same way static sprites, it overloads and crashes. However, despite learning this, no one has given a step-by-step guide to format GIFs into Essentials. Can I change the script? If so, how? (Be specific. Like tell me exactly where in the script I'd have to change it.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Anyone? There has to be a way to fix the positions without crashing the editor at least.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2017
    Practically everyone is having problems with .gif's. I really can't help you because I am suffering this problem myself.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • It's not just one script you can plug in and play. There is a whole combination of segments you need to alter. On top of that, add the fact that the battle system is very tedious to edit. That's why you don't see any tutorials on it. A lot of code has to be re-written/added.

It took me a while to get it working bug-free, and I was working with Essentials v7. The changes to the battle system made in the mean time, only make your endeavour harder. Good luck doing it, I hated the process.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    It's not just one script you can plug in and play. There is a whole combination of segments you need to alter. On top of that, add the fact that the battle system is very tedious to edit. That's why you don't see any tutorials on it. A lot of code has to be re-written/added.

It took me a while to get it working bug-free, and I was working with Essentials v7. The changes to the battle system made in the mean time, only make your endeavour harder. Good luck doing it, I hated the process.
    I had a feeling that was the case, but it's alright. It'd be nice to have some guidance. Thanks for the support.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2017
    well i have an easy way to reposition the gif which i thought two weeks ago.this may be helpful.

Ok put png sprite of bw battler in your battler folder in graphics.Now in editor reposition it.After repositioning the sprite then remove all the png sprite and then paste your gif sprite as they both an of same size and position of battler it would works.Well it work for me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    well i have an easy way to reposition the gif which i thought two weeks ago.this may be helpful.

Ok put png sprite of bw battler in your battler folder in graphics.Now in editor reposition it.After repositioning the sprite then remove all the png sprite and then paste your gif sprite as they both an of same size and position of battler it would works.Well it work for me.
    That's a great idea. Where did you get the png sprites from?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    ok see the attachment (this bracket is to increase the length)
    The dimensions are completely different. (It looks like you're using a different pack since there's gen 6 in there.) There's no telling how I'm supposed to edit them. I'm sorry, but that's not going to help. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2017
    The dimensions are completely different. (It looks like you're using a different pack since there's gen 6 in there.) There's no telling how I'm supposed to edit them. I'm sorry, but that's not going to help. Thanks anyway.
    Ok if it is not working you can covert your gif to pngs.
    1.Download a program called Multiple image resizer.net you can get it by searching from google.
    2.make a folder in destop and inside it paste your all gifs
    3.now open Multiple image resizer.netand click on Add individual images.
    4.Now select all gif which you paste in that folder and press open
    5.Now select resizing option and choose percentage and fill 100 at the box and then select go and click go button
    6.when this process done then go to c drive from my computer and go to mir folder there you will find static pngs

These png will be having same dimensions and then follow the step that i tell you in above post.
    Now this should work maybe

Back