• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Former Anime Writer Passes Away...

Years
  • Part of your childhood just died...

Bulbapedia said:
    Update: Shudō has been pronounced dead at the age of 61.
    MSN Japan reports that Takeshi Shudō, former head writer of the Pokémon anime, collapsed at Nara railway station's smoking area around 6:00am on Thursday, October 28th. Upon being discovered by a passerby, he was rushed to the hospital and is undergoing surgery. It was soon determined at the hospital's emergency care center that Shudō had suffered a subarachnoid hemorrhage in his head.
    Shudō was a key part of the initial stages of the anime's original series. He wrote the first episode, which aired over ten years ago, and was a scriptwriter for the first three movies. His most recent Pokémon work was in 2003, writing the screenplay for the 244th episode of the anime, Yadon's Comprehension! Satoshi's Comprehension! (Enlighten Up!). Shudō has also been credited with creating the legendary Pokémon Lugia.
    In Japan, Shudo is best known as the creator of the classic manga and anime series, Magical Princess Minky Momo. His other credits include Martian Successor Nadesico and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
    Bulbanews will update this story as more information comes to hand.

Source

61 is such a young age to die, rest in peace. He was a great man. This happened the same day Ash caught Smugleaf too. I wonder if he'll be honored in an upcoming episode? Rest in peace...

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oh my god. I can't believe something like this would happen. I hope the man rests in peace. I believe it was his leadership and creativity that made the original series what it is. It was such a young age and an unusual way of death.

pichuspark

looooooooooooooool :3
    Years
  • Darn, this just came so sudden...

...Like what Advanced said, I hope Pokemon will give honor him somehow...I swear, I almost cried when I saw this...

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    This is truly sad. May his soul rest in peace.

61 is truly a rather young age to die... What exactly was the cause of his death?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Wow man... Im depressed now...

He, was a greatman, he wrote most of the anime, nearly everything we watched so far, and he created lugia, I hope he rests in peice!

I wonder what this mean's for the anime now then, there are gonna be alot of changes by the looks of things!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    This may sound cold...but...at least he went quickly......rather than suffering a long time (from what we know, anyway).

But he did write two of my favourite movies (well, I say that, No.3 is the only one I dislike), and create Lugia...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I learned about the news earlier... :( Not only did he manage to give us epicness in the form of the monumental first Pokemon episode, he also helped design one of the most awe-inspiring and powerful Legendary Pokemon ever: Lugia. :t249:

Former Anime Writer Passes Away...

May his soul rest in peace, with my condolences to his family. Lugia carries his lasting impact on the Pokemon franchise as the Pokemon world continues to grow. A tribute in the Pokemon anime would be fitting...

Deathshot

Unregistered User
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2019
    Truly if it weren't for him my childhood would have been horrible. Thanks for giving many people a fun Childhood and everything.

R.I.P.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I just found out and in a shocked rush posted it in the General discussion missing it here. that is really sad ); A great loss for pokemon Anime indeed.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2011
    Oh my :(
    "Best wishes" to Takeshi, he gave us something special and shall be remembered for it forever.

Years
  • >: ...wow, what a great man. If I ever watch some of the older episodes, I'll keep my eye out for his name...Bulbapedia touched me; the theme is all Lugia.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    It's odd that Ash's Tsutarja was caught the same day when Shudo died.

Anyways, I can't find any viable proof from Bulbapedia, Serebii, etc, that Shudo created Lugia.

I thi keither someone created that fact last minute or it might just be a misunderstanding.

Is there any proof he created Lugia?

Back