• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Former Anime Writer Passes Away...

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    This is indeed sad, thanks so much for making the show, for making Ash, you did some great episodes.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    when i saw this on bulbapedia this morning I almost cried

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
  • It feels as if a large part of my childhood died with him, since he was involved in most of the most important episodes in my life, especially the early ones. Its sad to see that he died. RIP

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2010
    It is this man who made Pokemon soo good. It was this man who introduced us to Ho-Ho in the first episode. It is also this man that we shall never forget.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Man, that is so sad. He was a great man, and I know he worked hard making a great phenomenon to take up screen. Thanks to him, I love the classic Pokemon episodes and movies. To me the first three seasons were the best and the first two movies. <3

R.I.P Takeshi Shudo. :(

Gone too soon...

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Another creative mind dead. What a shame. Can't really say much else, but I felt it'd be insulting to not post in a thread dedicated to the man that made the Pokemon anime what it was. Rest in peace, Takeshi Shudo. Next drink is to you, buddy.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2021
    Very depressing. He created some of the things that made Pokemon so memorable. R.I.P.

Let's also hope the anime doesn't suffer too badly from the loss.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Reading his blogs revealed how much thought he put into the scripts he wrote and I find his love for the Rockets very touching.

Rest in peace.

Back