• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Formula 1 Discussion Thread

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Just read something from the HUN(Herald Sun site) that Mark will know in a month whether or not he'll be driving for Red Bull. Horner seems to really dislike Mark, blamed him for so much in his career at Red Bull, the Turkey crash, not taking team orders etc. I would be more than happy to see Mark move to a red car in 2012.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Vettel clearly ran into back of Webber in Turkey then weeks later he plows into the side of Button as well. I would die if Mark goes to Ferrari and whens a Championship there and pretty much says up your Vettel and Red Bull. They way want to say publicly that the don't favor Sebastian but it's pretty clear they do.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Really annoyed at Massa and Ferrari for taking so long on their pit-stop on the last lap. But still, well done Lewis.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I am disappointed that Jenson had to leave the race for the second week due to technical issues. He could have been up there with Vettel and Massa at the very least since he was persevering his tires 11 laps after Webber pitted. And boy did Vettel have a horrible race for his standards. Guess it goes to show you if he ain't out in front he isn't overly dominate as he may seem. The Pit crews did a great job getting their boys out, but Red Bull got their boy out a little bit faster. Get race between the top three, who knows how it would have turned out if the race came but it didn't. Even though I don't like Hamilton I liked when he said "Could you please stop talking to me while I race". I think I would be a bit distracted if they were talking in my ear while trying to hold off Webber. Yeah I know he is on me I don't need you guys to tell me that.

Years
  • Another strong performance from Alonso but unless he wins them all from now there isn't much chance of anyone beating Vettel.

Ferrari really need to drop Massa.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Massa was doing a very credible race until the pit stop mess, although he wouldn't have catched a watered down Vettel had he not spun earlier. Either way, if Lewis and Fernando are to do something this year, they need as much support from their teammates as possible. I'd love to see any McLaren or Fernando getting it this year, but I know it's just a crazy dream.

Years
  • So, after qualifying, this is how the top 10 stand.

Vettel, Hamilton, Button, Massa, Alonso, Webber, Rosberg, Sutil, Schumacher and Perez.

Going to be a very interesting race.​

Ivysaur

Years
  • I hate Vettel and his amazing ability to perform unbelieveable laps after a really anonymous session :|

Ivysaur

Years
  • Now, the most logical start is that Alonso will overtake Massa and meet lewis while Button fights Vettel. The clean side has an enormous advantage over the dirty side here, so... unless it starts raining tonight, then only God knows.

Years
  • That sounds about right. Hopefully Button can finish a race and finish well; would be nice to see Button and Hamilton on the podium together.​

Ivysaur

Years
  • Always count on Button to win a wet race, always count on Vettel to turn anonymous races into podium-finishes, and always count on Lewis to put the spice on the dish. That was one of the weirdest ways to ruin a race I have ever seen. I'm happy for Alonso's 3rd place but he could have challenged Vettel had he not spun twice.

Also, the fight for P2 is as exciting as ever:

2 Mark Webber 149
    3 Lewis Hamilton 146
    4 Fernando Alonso 145
    5 Jenson Button 134

Years
  • It was a very good race to watch. Was made up Button won it but it is a shame Hamilton was trying to think way far ahead, but oh well.
    As you said Went, the battle for second is awesome.​

Years
  • Good to see Hamilton screw up his chances of winning.

I'm glad Button won, if Alonso can't win then I always want to see Button on the top step.

What a bad season for the driver's and constructor's championships in terms of competition.

Ivysaur

Years
  • I'm glad Button won, if Alonso can't win then I always want to see Button on the top step.

What a bad season for the driver's and constructor's championships in terms of competition.

I just want to say that I could have written this exact post myself XD

Years
  • I agree with both of you. I do prefer Button over most.

I am sad there isn't going to be another F1 race for a few weeks now, what will I do with my Sunday afternoons now?!​

Ivysaur

Years
  • I wish, I bet €5 on him after a few races, when he was 80-on-1 XD

But Vettel has already got it packed, we should start accepting it.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Looks like Webber is staying with Red Bull at least one more year...

As for the race, am I the only who thought it was Hamilton fault for the collision between him and Maldonado? If Maldonado gets a 5 grid spot penalty i'd that Hamilton would at least deserve the same. Not that it matters since he crashed at which didn't break my heart. Michael did a hell of a job going from dead last to 5th. And I wonder what was up with Rosberg, guy blows out of the start leads lap 1 and doesn't lead any after that and ends up 6th. Then Massa is about to pass Rosberg for 3rd if I recall correctly and gets passed by Alonso then Hamilton, after that he wasn't the same. Oh and Vettel wins again I am just soooooo surprised. Yeah I'd say Vettels got it with an 89 point lead. I think they said he has more points now then he did at the end of last year, that's pretty amazing considering he was champ last year and we still have seven races left.

Back