• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forum Creation

Daichi

大地ホプキンス
Years
  • I am trying to put together a video game forum website and I am having trouble with it. Can anyone help?

Years
  • Well it would help if you could tell us what the problem was. Is it a problem installing the forum software? Getting hosting? Using plugins? Installing themes?

Years
  • What type of forum software are you making your forum with? Many of those require the creation of a database and user via MySQL (easiest, IMO) or any other SQL database program. Also, make sure your server has PHP installed.

Daichi

大地ホプキンス
    Years
  • What type of forum software are you making your forum with? Many of those require the creation of a database and user via MySQL (easiest, IMO) or any other SQL database program. Also, make sure your server has PHP installed.

Its a forum creator website. I think its called forumotion.com

Years
  • What's not to understand about Forumotion? You select your forum software, personally I'd just stick with the default phpBB3, then you select your style and click next. After that you fill in your details such as your forums title (Like this forum is called PokéCommunity), your domain name (like this is pokecommunity.com you could have videogamez.forumotion.co.uk) and then your email and password you'll be using for your forum administrator account. After that you just verify your information via the email sent to you and then go to the domain you made earlier and there's your forum!

shadexpwn

Shadexpwn
    Years
  • vBulletin is a professional solution with some nice add-ons that would cater your audience depending on their interests. For an alternative phpBB is great because it is open source and has a large following contributing to the future of its development.

Back