• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forum Noob. What better to learn how to use one than Pokemon!?

WildDevon

XXX
    Years

Hey all! My name's Devon and I've been interested in learning how to use a forum page for a while now. So I thought learning through Pokemon would be my best way! I'd be much obliged if you showed me the ropes around how to basically use one. Thanks! :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Welcome =)! I am not sure on the ropes on this forum yet but I have used forums a lot. I would just say to venture around to see how to do things. As for having an avatar and stuff that would be located in user cp! I hope that helps a little bit!

Cid

Years
    Oh it seems you've found the trick to it. I can see your cute Munchlax avatar now, haha.

Anyway, hey Devon! It's great that you started out with a Pokémon forum, haha. This place is certainly one of my earliest forums, too. Sure, I think this place might be a bit overwhelming to get into, but you shouldn't give up even if you make minor flubs, post incorrectly, get your threads locked and ask a lot of questions. It's only natural, especially with someone new to foruming itself. :) I mean I went through all that many times, so I know it's a tough road, but still. Just keep your cool, and try again.

There are many ways to get used to this place, though! The Adoption Center would be the perfect place for you to post in, because there you'll get a personal mentor who will truly show you the ropes! :D There are also many friendly members and staff who will be willing to help you out in sections that they usually post in. Like me and Cirno for New Users / Welcome, the subforum that you're in right now. (b'')b Another thing to get used to is reading local rules before posting a thread or a post, and I'm talking about those threads listed at the top of every subforum's page with the sticky label. Thankfully, the official forum wide rules are always linked at the top, so you can always access it if you're unsure about something whether it breaks the rules or not.

If you're up to it, you could also add more details about yourself here. Just so we get to know you more. Maybe we'll even get to recommend you a few great places suitable for a person like you. But you might prefer to jump in already, so I guess, just do what feels right. ;) Welcome to the PokéCommunity forums!

Back