• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Fossil Pokemons

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Unlike previous generations, where you revive a pokemon from a fossil you get certain pokemon from that fossil and as always the fossil pokemon will have rock-type typing either second or first typing.

The thing about 8th gen fossils is different story; you need to gather right amount of pieces which the first one given at they guy from pokemon center and the rest of piece found around the digging duo or the game then talk to the scientist on Stow-on-Side and bring the exact 2 combination of 2 fossils to get that fossilized pokemon.

Any thoughts on 4 of these fossil pokemon?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    They are unironically pretty great and depressing.
    I used Dracozolt on my team and the discrepancy between the front and back halves is hilarious. It is probably the least tortured fossil.
    Arctozolt is slightly more depressing since it is forever cold. You can't even warm it, because it is weak to fire.
    Dracovish is just an abomination. Its cry is literally just a scream. Like, everytime you send it into battle, you're reminded of its neverending torment.
    Arctovish is probably the most depressing of the bunch. Its attached in a proper way; head to body unlike Dracovish. However, its head is on upside down. Fish can't breath while they're upside down, so Arctovish probably suffers from hypoxia every waking minute of its life.

So overall, they're pretty cool.

Years
    Arctovish, Arctozolt, and Dracozolt are kinda cute while Dracovish is dopey and mildly terrifying.

I think that they might be based off of the dubious practice of fossil chimeras, in which two or more animals have their fossils strewn together and are combined as one organism. An example of this would be when the Carnegie Museum of Natural History housed a skeleton of the sauropod dinosaur Apatosaurus that sported the head of another sauropod, Camarasaurus, from 1934 to 1979. Granted, don't quote me on this for sure, but this is what it reminds me of.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    The Galar fossilmon make me glad the national dex is gone because it means there's a chance that these abominations will never be in another game.

Now, if a future game wants to bring them back in their actual complete forms, I'd be fine with that. Especially the -zolt one. It's cute.

Also, the dex entries for these things calls the legitimacy of the pokedex as a whole into question. The Galar fossilmon are very clearly not natural, yet their entries act as though they actually existed in prehistoric times.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I would have liked to see the 'standard' forms for them which aren't terribly mismatched. As it is, this is what we've got, and it's a bit... meh to me. It's good idea on paper, but the execution is lacking to me.
    Also, the dex entries for these things calls the legitimacy of the pokedex as a whole into question.
    The dex has also said some Pokemon had to do with X-rays from the moon or are hotter than the sun, so it's consistent in that sense. =p

ciclope510

AbacaxiGrelhado
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2024
    For me the galar fossil's are very ugly
    I hope they made a "complete" version of them in next games

Last edited:
    Back