• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Four legs, two legs, three legs

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
  • How are you handling getting older? Do you enjoy it or do you wish you could be younger again?

Sirfetch’d

I honestly love being older and yet hate it at the same time. The extra freedom and feeling of being independent is really nice and all but sometimes the extra responsibilities really become stressful on me. I miss being tended to all of the time as a kid and sometimes wish that I could have my life back like that again.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • In a way I wish to be younger again. My life went on a steep down hill slope after my parents separated and I always wondered what my current life would be like if I didn't screw up during high school or if I took advantage of the many opportunities that I had been offered. But I'm also looking forward too the future, there's plenty more opportunities to come and I'm content at where I'm at now.

Years
  • Ten hour sleeps. Back and knee pain. Days go quick. Bore and tire easier. Activities once enjoyed begin to gain hate. Younger me please.

My farts seem stinkier...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I don't handle it well because I want more life experiences but I want to have had them when I was younger rather than trying to catch up with them now that I'm 23. I'm constantly wondering whether I should try and catch up and be an 18 year old or whether I should just cut my losses and start from where I should be now.

Years
  • I'm not really sure how I stand on this. Getting older has it's pros and cons, but also being younger has its pros and cons. Such pros for being older are that you have more responsibilities to yourself and can do more things yourself; such cons would be that you might not have time to do as many fun activities as you used to when you were a child.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Well, to be quite honest, I'm enjoying getting older so far. The pros definitely outweigh the cons for me. I'm getting a bit more responsibility, I can do things I couldn't when I was younger and I'm almost done with school! The only thing I miss of being a child is that careless attitude.

I'm not that old though. Just 16

DunsparceMaster23

The Hand of Fire - Hinote
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen Dec 18, 2013
    I desperately wish I could stay a little kid forever. Now that I have a basic understanding of the world, I wish I could leave it...I have very little faith in humanity as a whole. And aside from that, I never, ever, EVER, wanted to grow up. I love being a lazy mooch. It's what I'm best at. A perfect life for me would be mulling about in ignorance, playing video games with my girlfriend, eating whatever I wanted, and having everything provided for me like when I was young. I know, that's irresponsible, but you know what? I'm an irresponsible person! xD

EDIT: By the way, Minzy, is the title of this thread a reference to Oedipus Rex? :P

Hall

The New King
    Years
  • I saw the thread title, instantly thought "Human! A Man! Riddle thread, FTW!" Then was disappointed. Thanks. :c

Anyway, my heart says stay young, my lower back seems to disagree.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Honestly, the biggest thing I hate about getting older and becoming an adult is the extra responsibilities that come with it. I miss being able to rely on my dad things I needed such as money for something or a ride to somewhere. Getting a job is something that's been hard for me and it's stuff such as that and paying for the college Ill be attending in the spring is putting a lot of stress on me right now. I really haven't dealt with getting older really easily. Even a 17 or 18 , I still relied on my dad a bit, but that's when he was pushing me to be more independent and be an adult. I ignored him for the most part. Now I regret it cause I failed high school due to me not taking care of my own responsibilities. I'm now 21 and have no job and just now applying for college courses. I'd gladly go back to being 12/13/14 years if it was possible.

ShadowMrk

Intangible
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2018
    I'd like to go back even just 2 or 3 years. Once I hit 17, everything got dumped on me. Well, not everything, but a whole lot of responsibility was given to me that I wasn't quite prepared for. I'm currently a part-time employee balancing my many friendships and my relationship whilst going to college as a CSC major. I pay for my own food and the gas in the SUV that I drive and I'm saving up for an apartment, as well, so I have to balance all of my personal finances. It's nice being able to afford things and to work towards something that I absolutely love doing, but sometimes (alot of times, actually) I wish I could go back to being 12-14 and just enjoy being a kid and having the freedom of time that I used to. My favorite part of being a kid was the perspective that I looked at everything from. I constantly go back to places in my mind that have significant meaning to me from my childhood, and it indescribably pains me that they don't feel or look the way they used to. They have lost the shine and wonder that they once held and it saddens me to no end. Honestly, I know that it isn't my memories that have changed, but I have. I look at things differently now that I'm older and I don't look for the same things that I used to. So yeah, getting old sucks sometimes, but it really is necessary. Gosh it's late...

Years
  • Although I'm only 15 I miss being happy 9 year old without a care in the world, when my parents were married, and I lived in one house with 2 parents. as I grew up things went from bad to worse, and now I wish I could just start over with a happy family. I don't look forward to growing up to be honest. I dread having to drive, as I'm terrified of it after being in a couple bad car accidents already, and especially as the world seems to be slowly growing crazy now, I'm scared of what will happen in the future that I will have to be responsible of. As for things I really look forward to is having the freedom of living where I want with who I want, and being able to pick my friends. The thing I hate the most about school is that you're put in classes with whoever, and if you don't like the people in the class, oh well, those are the people you have to choose from for friends.

Years
  • I am 21, and I am pretty content with getting older at this point. Sure, being 18 again or even younger would be nice, but being older can be fun too. I like the independence.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • Love the title.

So glad I'm older, because now I can live away from my family and get on with my life.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I think you learn new things as you get older, and that's the only thing I like about it. You get as much freedom as you can when you're older, whereas at a young age you had the carefree behavior but you had many restrictions.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 1, 2021
    If I can redo my teen years with the knowledge I have, I would. I'd still be into the things that I was, still pretty much be the same person. I would be a bit more out going than I was in life, perhaps I wouldn't be struggling with depression as much as I am.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I like where I am right now, but I'm essentially at the threshold of leaving my childhood behind and being an adult. Honestly, I look forward to it, but that's cause I'm optimistic. I'm optimistic that I'll find a good job, and that I'll decide on a major in time, etc. I have just over s year to decide what I want to do with my life, and while I'm unsure right now, I feel that year will give me what I need. I'm also looking forward to the freedom that comes to being an adult. I'm looking forward to the day I can move out an finally be free from the few rules my parents have over me. I'm aware that'll take time and responsibility, but when push comes to shove, I feel I'll be prepared.

Back