• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen FR/LG Dex Question

GameplayerHGSS

Back to Johto in HeartGold...!
    Years
    Just a quick question out of interest...

I was just wondering for all who have played through Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen do you try to complete the pokedex during or after your main quest? In other words do you catch all pokemon you see that you don't have during your main quest or what? When do "you" actually work on your pokedex???

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    `hm my recent run i Caught pokes only beacause if i didnt i would have to be Catching for a Half an Hour when my Pokemon was lvl 27 (I would ohko all pokes)just to get HM Flash

Divine~Deoxys

You should catch all the time til you get 60 pokes, as you have to meet criteria up to having caught 60 pokes in order to get items such as exp. share

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2009
    I tried to completed but it ended up really hard. I reached the 360 pokemon Caught 361 seen.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Yes, I believe you can, but I woudn't think it would be practical to do it on your main quest.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    I usually do it after the E4.

But then, I had to keep buying pokeballs and stuff to catch 10 pokemon for the TM Flash.

I pretty much caught the bugs, mankey, a pidgey, a rattata, and a pikachu for it.

That took a long time!

Back