• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[FR/LG] Title Screen Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

legends

Banned
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2007
heh nice post this will help out alot of people :) thanks. :)

Gabri

m8
Years
Can anyone tell me what is the offset for the title screen palette? I want to edit it with APE.

needhexcodehacs

about to beat shiny gold
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2008
im having a problem with importing it sais that the image is not indexded what do i do????

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Well if it's In PNG format u should turn it into Bitmap then copy that picture to a copy of ur rom and then rexport the image it will then be an indexed Png format or u could jus do it all in Bitmap form...Thats what i do.

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
I downloaded unlz GBA, but where do I download APE and MS paint?
DON'T SAY GOOGLE!!!

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
I downloaded unlz GBA, but where do I download APE and MS paint?
DON'T SAY GOOGLE!!!
Please.. Have you used the search funtion - -"
APE is in our Toolbox!

And, I don't know if you're using Mac or Linux.. but when you run Windows you sure have Paint XD
Btw, Paint was just an example.. you can use any picture-editing program.

johnnysasaki

Noobie hacker.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 8, 2008
I'm a bit confused. I can't find what I need to change the pokemon for leaf green...

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Well... 15mins ago I thought about something.. I tried.. and ~5mins later I had Bulbasaur on the titlescreen.. It was just a test.. You can put every sprite on the titlescreen you want. (DUH - -')
Anyway, I should've tought about it much, much sooner!! Damn.. I'm stupid... It's so easy I didn't think about it. :P
Expect a new tutorial one of these days :P

PS: In that 5 mins I didn't change the pallte! ;)

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
Okay, I finally got everything, but I opened unlz gba, and I can't find the Charzard, where do I find it?

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years
Well... 15mins ago I thought about something.. I tried.. and ~5mins later I had Bulbasaur on the titlescreen.. It was just a test.. You can put every sprite on the titlescreen you want. (DUH - -')
Anyway, I should've tought about it much, much sooner!! Damn.. I'm stupid... It's so easy I didn't think about it. :P
Expect a new tutorial one of these days :P

PS: In that 5 mins I didn't change the pallte! ;)

A new tutorial would be great. Maybe one with a different way to change the sprite. Not that your tutorial now is bad. It just that I find it impossable to put Charizard together in a big box again. And I have no idea how to make him in the first place. Maybe someone that knows how to do it could make a request thread to make the scrambled image.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
A new tutorial would be great. Maybe one with a different way to change the sprite. Not that your tutorial now is bad. It just that I find it impossable to put Charizard together in a big box again. And I have no idea how to make him in the first place. Maybe someone that knows how to do it could make a request thread to make the scrambled image.
Well.. I can't make a poll anymore.. So, if you guys want the new tutorial I'll make it.
Btw, here's a screen with the edited pallete:
bulbaji4.png

You can do all this in just 5~10minutes..

Btw, I could make the tutorial now, without screens.
It would only be ~15lines long I think :P

@Black Lugia:
Please, just check Google or some ROM hacking websites.. - -'

shadowboy166

Gues who's internet is working
Years
  • Age 29
  • hell
  • Seen Dec 7, 2023
YES ANOTHER TUTORIAL!!!
I get mine ALMOST correct but the odd wrong part!
Thanks for the new tutorial thats coming!
When do you reckon that it'll be up?

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
I want make the tutorial today.. but first I go to bed XD (Yes.. it's late here :P)
Anyway, my father said something that we're going to do something today.. so I hope I have time enough to make it.
If you don't see it today, you'll have to wait till tomorow (31th of July).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back