• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Franchises You'd Like to See Revived

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Earlier today, various Japanese developers gave statements regarding their plans for 2016, some of whom, having produced a number of series that are either MIA or flatlined, have made vague statements regarding new entries in unspecified series. This, of course, brings with it the hope that someone's favorite lost-to-time franchise will again see the light of day.

Which brings me to the topic of this thread: are there any franchises that haven't seen any releases in years or have been discontinued that you would like to see revived?

Years
    Legacy of Kain. It had potential, huge potential. They were going to make a new game this year, but ditched it halfway through...

Years
    HD Legend of Dragoon updated to an ATB-style. The "wait" set style always bugged me. I adapted, even found it useful since there was no way to pause the game, but man, the Addition system in ATBs would be really fun. (And a branching storyline... Lavitz needs his happy ending...)

Onimusha. Just gimme more Onimusha. I enjoyed the entire series, even the spin-offs (I have the SSB-style brawler, and Onimusha Tactics on emulator) and I just need more. Preferably longer. They've always felt too short, even with O2 being replay-friendly.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I want a continuation of the misadventures of tron bonne. That game was my jam back when i was a kid and i still play it every now and then when nothing else sounds good. Also an ending to the golden sun series would be nice.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    Darksiders, especially a four player co-op one where you can play as each of the horsemen
    Prototype, as long as they move away from the characters in the first two games. Mercer being the villain in 2 was dumb
    And actual new Overlord game would be nice, instead of a game that just takes place in the same universe

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I want to see another Blue Dragon game come to the Nintendo 3DS. I played the original on Xbox 360 and although it was tedious times, I really had a fun time with it! Also, the anime was good but that's a whole other thing.

Also GUITAR HERO for 3DS! I know a lot of people couldn't stand it, but I LOVED it on the Nintendo DS. That games was so fun, and I played it so much. Even wrote a guide about it on myspace in middle school.

I would also like to see The Earthbound series come back. And if not a new game, then at least bring the games to the Shop on the Wii U.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Suikoden. The beautiful yet forlorn RPG series of Konami's. It's only been three years since the last entry, but that was a spin-off. The last mainline entry was released back in 2006. That's nine years since the last "true" Suikoden game. It's a shame really, it's a fairly distinct series with a lot of a cool recurring mechanics. The 108 Stars of Destiny might be tedious, it's still cool that they've stuck with that concept. Plus, Army Battles! Adding a little spice of SRPG into a game is okay in my book.

But Suikoden's revival is almost certainly nil. Especially regarding the current state of Konami. Speaking of which, I should really get around to Tsumugareshi.

And if not a new game, then at least bring the games to the Shop on the Wii U.
    ...They are. Both Earthbound Beginnings and Earthbound are available to purchase. Mother 3 being the only exception, but it's available in the Japanese Wii U Shop.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    ...They are. Both Earthbound Beginnings and Earthbound are available to purchase. Mother 3 being the only exception, but it's available in the Japanese Wii U Shop.

Oh, then when I go back to school I'll buy them. I don't look at the shop much, I only bought Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards and Paper Mario on there. :p

TEXg715

TEXg
    Years
    BOKTAI. Boktai 3 never came to the West and The Lunar knights... thing; didn't really do justice to the series, at least in my opinion. Unfortunately, Konami is... well, they're Konami, you can't really get more screwed than them.
    Also, another Golden Sun would be nice, since Nintendo really needs the RPG presence (6 Fire Emblem characters in Smash, Really Nintendo?)

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    I'm with Suikoden as well. Konami did a great job at slowly building the world with each entry as well as the lore surrounding the True Runes. Such a damn shame too since I was up for exploring the mentioned countries and encountering new True Runes. Seems we'll never get the chance to fully explore Harmonia. -_-

Also Grandia, Wild ARMs, Shadow Hearts and Baten Kaitos, JRPGs series whose last game was 10+ years ago as well definitely need to brought back from the dead.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I would love to see Silent Hills return to development, but instead will probably get some other half-baked Silent Hill idea that no one likes.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    So there's this series called F-Zero. What's F-Zero? Well it's a racing game. The best, actually. The tightest and most satisfying you'll ever play.

Despite not having a game for a little more than a decade, the series has a dedicated community and the games are still played and admired this day. There's new things being discovered, world records being made and despite their age, they're still as good as they were when they were released. Just watch this insane LIVE speedrun of GX

Franchises You'd Like to See Revived

I like to think the reason there isn't a sequel is because you can't improve on perfection.

Sir Codin

At this point, I'm convinced the world will see an end to global hunger before it sees Half-Life 3.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    I like to think the reason there isn't a sequel is because you can't improve on perfection.

That's more or less the reason, yes. There's nothing new to make with it outside of a re-release.

I've beaten F-Zero X on Master difficulty (all cups) but the difference in skill between me and the top dogs is insane.

I dunno if GX had the track creator but I'd kiss Nintendo's feet if they re-released X with the scrapped track creator from the 64DD.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    ^Literally what I was just about to say!

Jet Set Radio needs more love and we'd love a third game too xD

Back