• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Free Artists' Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Ive got a brush pack
credit goes to XxBladexX from Bleepland forums
i made this with it
hauntersig4fy.png

its very good and resourceful

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 20, 2007
Looks great should had your whole SN in pixel
to all those looking for brush i would have to say go to

DeviantArt

Sawyer

���
Years
Downloaded brushes? I've gotten to thinking, and if you're using someone else's work in the form of a brush and just using colour balance on the final product to justify using said brush... it's not really art (hence the "Artists' Resources") if you catch my drift.

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
Years
Sure it is, as long as you are moving the brush over your own design. The brush is a utility. When you use Photoshop, you claim that the images you make are yours, not Adobe's. I'd say the same goes with brushes and other add-ons. You use them, and the end result is your own. It might be wise to give credit to the brush creator, but the image is still your work.

Sawyer

���
Years
Wow, is that actually what you believe? Because now, you're actually making yourself sound like an idiot. It's not yours if you "move the brush over your own design." And because Adobe Photoshop has licensed me to make what I make, it is actually my design because I mess with my photoshop's internal settings until I get the options I like to have. I make my own brushes, and I only use them for airbrushing. When your intire image is based on what, one set of brushes, you're not an artist at all. I'm not saying it's not your work, I'm just saying that if you use someone else's hard work to make your work... you're a terrible designer. And please, oh please, don't pretend that you know what you're talking about. I actually make money for designing things, I've been doing it for over 2 years, I know what I'm talking about.

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
Years
...so you make Photoshop your own by changing settings, and anyone who uses Photoshop's default brushes is a crappy artist? I'm sorry, but great art can be made by using standard brushes. Transfer this to the real world sense (eg, not digital). This would mean that all the great artists of the world would have to gather their own hairs, furs, etc, and build their own brushes, else they would be considered crappy for using store-bought ones. This makes no sense. And think about the people who design brushes for other people to use. Maybe they themselves are not good artists, but have a talent for making brushes. Or, maybe they are just generous enough to let others use them. I realize that the brushes one uses can enhance a piece of art, however, they do not have a direct relationship to that artist's [FONT=&quot]ability.[/FONT]

Are you saying that when someone types a poem, or story, they are a poor writer because they didn't design their own font?

PS: Just because you make money doing something, doesn't necessarily mean you know everything. This is a fact.

I'm going to stop now, feel free to PM me with more of your argument.

Sawyer

���
Years
Photoshop's default brushes? Pssh. I'm talking about downloaded brushes, idiot. Next time try looking at my post, bucko. I use default brushes because you can actually customize them, this includes the basic round brush and the feather round brush. I'm sorry that I don't use other people's work, but if you think about it you're relying entirely on the brushes, not on your own talent.

O' Swine

Its Bicycle Repair Man!
Years
hey.
how do you download fonts on to gimp? and how do you put brushes on to gimp? every time i download a brush, it comes up with a lot of, well, random pictures.
is there some special way to make them?
thanks.
-DM

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
Years
well for fonts go to your control pannel on your computer and find a section that says fonts then drag you font onto that (sorry if that didnt make sense). even if i dont use gimp i know how to download brushes if it is related to photoshop get your brush tool right click then click the arrow at the side and click load brushes.

O' Swine

Its Bicycle Repair Man!
Years
guys i still dont quiteunderstand. can anybody make it clear? btw, evilcheese, there is no font section in control panel, or do you have a mac, or a vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back