• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Free Ride to College

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • Some stranger has offered to pay for 100% of your college expenses, allowing you to go to any college in the world, and study anything you want for free. Where would you go, and what would you study? Even if you're already well past your college years, you might want to think about going back to learn something new.

Question inspired by: AWMGIJUSTGOTACCEPTEDTODIGIPENYAYAYAYJEIOWHGUIESLJUSDLGKHDKJF

Last edited:

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
    Years
  • I wish that would happen. I'm going to be going to an online college to get my official degree in art/animation in both 2D and 3D, and possibly again for game design and development. Right now I'm looking into Academy of Art University. I've never had any real training in Fine Arts (lol I mostly just doodle, and terribly at that although better than some without any education in it), only in web design/gfx layouts and such. I really want to get a traditional fine art education so I can start making better looking drawings and animations~ A free ride would be a Godsend because I'm disabled. xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Cambridge University. I've always wanted to go there, I have the GPA for it just not the ACT score.... I would study (Major in both) Biology and Education. And for the heck of it, a minor in East Asian studies. Ahh, the dream...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • CONGRATULATIONSQUILAVAKINGTHATISSOAWESOMEIMSOPROUDOFYOU

I'd want to go to one of the Ivy League American colleges, most likely Yale. Firstly because Harvard is too cliché and secondly because I watch Gilmore Girls and Yale seemed like so much fun and so pretty (yes I know they weren't filming at the actual Yale but it's a psychological love!)

The problem I have is that I honestly don't know what I'd want to study. If I knew what I would study, I would be in one of the decidedly inferior Australian universities right now studying it lol. My dream though would be to live at college or near campus; I'm tired of living at home. I have 'anywhere but here' syndrome.

My second choice after an Ivy League American college would be a fancy British university like Oxford or Cambridge. I imagine that would be somewhat like going to Hogwarts, and I hear with your degree you get a fancy pole to shove up your butt. The catch to that is that it doesn't get extracted until after you die, but hey, I enjoy freebies!

Years
  • Uhhh, I don't have any particular university I'd go study. I'd probably go for an English degree. Useless? Yes. But I'm not paying for it, so who cares if it's useless when it comes to the job market? I'd hope to get a better grasp of literature and writing since writing has been a passion of mine for awhile.

tbh I would've declared an English major the short time I was in college if it would have any use. Since it wasn't, I wasn't going to study it.

"But Sam, why waste those years of your life when you can get into a better job market??" Because idk what else to study. :(

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'd go to some expensive college in the southern US (my preferred geographic area, and I might as well get the most bang for my free education :P). I'd change majors several times so I can stay enrolled longer, but when I'm ready to finally get a degree I'd go with university student affairs so I could go right back to college as an employee after graduating :P

Years

• lolamericans
    Well in England we get a student loan which we have to pay back in the form of a tax when we're earning over 21,000 I think and then it gets wiped off our record when we're forty or something. I'm not that sure, but all I remember is the majority of people end up not paying it all off.
    Anyway though, if transport and accommodation were included in this free pass then I'd probably want to go and study an ICT course in another country somewhere. Probably New Zealand or something. Having that down on a CV is always a good thing. Then after that I'd probably want to go and do a teacher training course at Manchester University because most teaching staff I've spoken to have said that if they had a choice between someone who studied at Manchester and someone who studied elsewhere they said they'd take Manchester.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I would still go to the college I'm currently at :3 It's that awesome, really. And it's free for people from our country even if foreigners have to pay a lot. I would probably study something with programming and data rather than what I currently study, though. My years here have made me rethink some stuff. Pity it's kind of too late to turn around now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    I wouldn't care too much what college I went to, as long as it was right in the middle of a huge city. Like in Boston or Newark or something.

I don't know what I'd study either. Like, probably business or political science or something. But I'm really just conflicted right now as to what job I want anyways, so yeah...

People assume that me, of all people, would know what I want to do in life. But I'm not sure, and I hate saying that to people when they ask, because it makes me sound indecisive.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I would definitely still be going to the college I'm at right now- I love it, everything about it and can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be! But I'd definitely rethink my major and go for a degree in Education instead of International Studies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I'd like to go to Harvard and study something either scientific (so, either Physics or Chemistry... can't be dealing with Biology!) or modern history.

Having studied in the UK, and in London especially, it'd be nice to have a more 'traditional' university experience - grass, for one, which was not at a surplus - and the ability to learn a much wider variety of subjects. And, if it's all paid for, I might as well go to one of the most expensive universities in the world! Got to bleed this cash cow dry! :D

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • I would probably go to MIT and do an engineering degree ~yays~. It would not make it cheap for whoever was sponsoring me though xD. I think it'd be awesome to be able to go to college in america when i live in Australia atm :D

Also congratz Quil!!! You deserves it broooooooooooooooooooo

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Haha, probably the only person here with this answer:
    College: University of Oklahoma
    Area of Study: Meteorology
    And congrats Quilava!

Back