• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FREE software to make your own songs?

dark charmander

Gaara...
    Years
    Ok I'm not sure if this goes here so if not delete. So anyway does anyone know any free software that I could use to make my own songs. I would like this software to be , as I have already said free, good and not really complicated.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Hate to break it to you, if you want to make your own songs you would prob. need like a recording studio or something along that.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm positive that there's some suite available for download... what type of song recording are you intending on doing? If you're recording your own music from physical instruments, Audacity is a good open-source editor. However, if you're intending on using software instruments, you probably will have to pay some money.

Too bad the AR code for 999,999 Poké doesn't exist in real life :P

dark charmander

Gaara...
    Years
    I'm positive that there's some suite available for download... what type of song recording are you intending on doing? If you're recording your own music from physical instruments, Audacity is a good open-source editor. However, if you're intending on using software instruments, you probably will have to pay some money.

Too bad the AR code for 999,999 Poké doesn't exist in real life :P
    i know D: that would be so ausome >.<

Try looking into one of these music orientated Linux(which is completely free) distributions;

Musix: https://www.musix.org.ar/en/index.html

64Studio: https://www.64studio.com/

dyne:bolic: https://www.dynebolic.org/
    will these work on windows?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Linux is an Operating System, so if you're not careful it can actually say GTFO to your Windows :P.

To make your own songs in reality, all you really need is a recording system. Audacity is one of the best (*~!~*FREE*~!~* *shot*) audio editors and recorders. So if you got all that recording stuff up and have Audacity ready to record you pretty much got it.

You can also take the pathway of MIDI music. It's like digital music. There is plenty of software that makes MIDI music and I believe the best ones are Guitar Tab orientated softwares such as Guitar Pro (*~!~*NOT FREE*~!~* *headshot*)

dark charmander

Gaara...
    Years
    It would, but it would be more of a lo-fi style. Some people love the lo-fi style of music, so if you don't mind then you could. But if you want better recording style invest into a mic for your computer.

thanks ^^ how much would a good one cost rougly? could you recomend a good make?

Thanks alot for the help guys. I really apreciate it ^^

DC

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years

Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Great Party!
    Years
    If you don't mind running Linux, you might want to look into the programs Ardour, Rosegarden, and LMMS. LMMS is great for a quick splash into music making on Linux (It has some cool Game Boy style synths too :D).

Years

If you want a budget make(Roughly 100+, or lower dollars), then this is a good model. Although, I'm unsure whether or not you can buy them in stores. (Note: this is a model my friend uses, so I asked him)

https://cgi.ebay.ca/New-Shure-SM58-...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item20ae7f6a1a
    Just one thing to keep in mind here. Any real mic that you look into getting will have an XLR connector which your computer has no way of accepting. You can pick up something like this adapter but now you're adding a bit to your total price. The only other way to do this, however, is to get a professional audio card or get a cheaper, USB-based mic.

Back