• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Free To Play Players

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2012
    I've been playing Pokémon Trading Card Game Online and it's been awesome, it's just when I play online, even on the Novice level, there are people using bought decks and EX Pokémon and it's almost impossible to win with the default decks, even one's that have been edited.

Because I enjoy the game but don't really want to play it outside of the online community is there any chance of there being a way for non-paying players to get boosters or new theme decks?

Just wondering if there was anything coming in the future or anything that I've missed.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I dont know if they offer free ways to get boosters or theme decks since i do not play the PTCGO but, those online codes sell for pretty cheap on ebay and amazon i think you can buy them for a dollar each or way cheaper but only buy them from reputable sellers. Also on youtube almost every channel that opens pokemon card packs gives away those TCGO codes for online booster packs and special cards or whatever else you can get from the TCGO codes.

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
  • There aren't currently any ways to get booster codes in game other than buying boosters, or the code cards themselves. I don't think they'll be giving away free boosters any time soon, as the whole point of the online game seems to be to encourage sales of physical cards as well as boosting popularity. There are plenty of websites online that sell the booster code cards for less than 50c, so that's an option if you really don't want to buy physical cards but are okay with spending a small amount of money.

Honestly though, I would recommend trying the RL cards, since you can generally make your money back if you pull a good card to sell on ebay. I just started getting back into the TCG and the nostalgic rush I get from ripping open a booster pack is more than enough to justify the price for me. :>

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2012
    I'm gonna start collecting cards, by getting Booster Boxes, when I save up enough money but PTCG is fun but not my main card game, so I'll just use heaps of boosters whne I get.

Thanks for the information anyway!~ :3

Years
  • The only way we get to keep the TCGO is for the codes to be distributed in the boosters really, otherwise the physical TCG would have lost too many sales. The way I'm fairly certain they have it set up is that the TCG sales are supporting development for both TCGO and the TCG itself, so if physical sales drop, it's bye-bye TCGO.

Back