• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Free Video Editing Program?

funrush

How's it going?
Years
  • Okay, so I'm almost ready to start making videos. Got Audacity by my side to spruce up the audio, and I've all but downloaded CamStudio. Now, the last thing is, I need a free video editing program for PC that can have multiple audio/video layers. As in, I could combine audio from a video with an audio track from somewhere else. Some help, would be appreciated, if not I could go back to using Movie Maker.

Years
  • Well from what I've read, I've had no experience in video editing at all so don't quote me on this, Kino Video Editor has the features to do what you described.
    It may not be very pretty to look at but it has audio layering features which is pretty much the main thing you asked for x3

Although from comparison websites and such Windows Movie Maker is a pretty decent piece of software seeing as it's free with windows. I don't see why you'd need to switch if your just looking for a free piece of software.

funrush

How's it going?
    Years
  • There's GIMP 2. It's pretty good, check it out.
    As in, GIMP version 2? I've only found one result for GIMP 2.

@Hybrid Trainer, I'd be good with Movie Maker, but it doesn't support layers, I'd like to have more than one audio track in my video. Also, from that page, it looks like Kino is only for Linux.

Years
  • Woops :S My bad!

Well after now looking to see if it's for windows I guess these two are the closest to Kino. VirtualDub and Avidemux.
    I've seen Virtualdub mentioned a lot so if I were you I'd give that one a try first ;3

Back