• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friend Areas- Yay or Nay?

Years
    Friend Areas are places where players can store recruited wild Pokémon. They were introduced in the first generation of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and weren't seen subsequently. Some Friend Areas can be earned by completing certain missions, while others must be bought in Pokémon Square from Wigglytuff. There are also some special ones that are obtained by recruiting a specific Pokémon, usually a Legendary one. When the game starts, the player and their partner will have access to 2 Friend Areas, those being the ones said Pokémon fit into.

So, do you think the feature for Friend Areas should be passed on and why? Also, do you have a favourite and why do you like that certain Friend Area (design, theme music etc)?

I liked the idea of Friend Areas when I first played out Red Rescue Team. So of course, I was disappointed when the next Gens I had didn't incorporate this element of the game. Its quite unique and more realistic, visiting your teammates in their so-called 'hotels' or something. xD My favourite non-Legendary area would have to be Serene Sea since it looks like the ruins of Atlantic and really fits the theme for Water-type Pokemon. My favourite Legendary area would be Southern Island because I love the tropical theme and its music is very sweet and soothing (I listen to it on days before exams to calm down XD).

Post Awaaaay!~

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I loved the idea of seeing all of the Pokemon that I recruited for my team move around and interact with their team mates (well sort of). I was hoping that the game developers would put this feature back in the games after the Red and Blue versions, but I was disappointed. I just hope that I would see that feature again.

:t354:TG

Years
    I loved Friend Areas so much, whether it was buying with them or interacting with my teammates, they were so relaxing and the music was great too. It's a shame they removed them in the Explorers series, I'm really hoping that they make a comeback in future Mystery Dungeon games, but that's unlikely.

Years
    Yeah, at first I didn't like them, but when I didn't see them in PMD Time/Darkness/Sky, I missed it. =[

It was actually nice to interact with your other team-mates. Now you just talk to Chimecho and see a list of names and such. I actually have a long list, and so I find it a little annoying going through the whole list to find someone. I mean, it's quick and easy, but if you have a long list ... eh. =x

And, like Karpman said, I think it would be unlikely for it to appear again in future PMD games, if there will be any.

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
    Friend Areas were one of my favourite things about the original PMD games. Chimecho's Assembley was cheap, and I didn't get as much satisfaction out of having a full list as I did in filling up a Friend Area. If they don't include them in the next game, assuming they are even planning to make a next game, then it'll be a damn shame.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I didn't like the friend areas tbh, lol. I'd forget who went where and adslfkajeorsdjf. :| It's been a long time since I played, so idr much about them, except I hated buying them and all. But my favorite was the volcano. idr the name, but it was a volcano where Growlithe and Blaziken would stay~

Back