• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friends!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • Do you have many friends? Do you want more friends? Are you friends mostly with a certain type of person? Do you have a friend group or individual friends from multiple groups? When was the last time you went out with a friend or friends? What do you like to do with your friends? What are some of your best memories with friends? Do you think you have close enough friends? Do you think you spend enough time with your friends? Are there people you want to be friends with but haven't found a way to be yet? Have you ever become good friends with someone you really didn't expect to be friends with? How do you make new friends? How do you meet new people who turn into friends? Do you have more online friends than offline friends? Are you generally closer to your online friends than offline friends?

Answer any of these, all of these, or add your own questions!

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Back in high school I was friends with most everybody there, and always had plans with somebody. I was very social, hanging out with bands to help write music, hit the road on a road trip, or just go to bonfires.
    I also had a main group of best friends that was made up of like 8 people too. After high school I broke away from everybody to just focus more on my goals and get serious about my dreams. Also the vast majority of my best friends have become alcoholics/druggies since joining college, so I tend to shy away from them now, though I do keep in touch with them every now and then.

I would love to be as social as I used to be, but these days it's really hard seeing as i'm an online college student who travels occasionally. Sure, I meet a lot of individuals I get along with back at my old job or just out on the road, but it's just weird for me these days. I'm sure once I graduate and settle down somewhere into a job i'll find the opportunity to get more social with individuals at the work place.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Essentially, my friends can be divided into three groups. There's my friends from back in primary/secondary school, of whom I try to see when I'm visiting my parents. Then there are my friends from university, some of whom I live with and others who I see on a semi-regular basis. Finally there are my future work colleagues/friends, who I saw constantly for a few months but am now not going to see for a while. For the most part, I tend to be very in-the-moment with my friends, which essentially means that if I'm in close proximity with them, I'll be a great friend; if I'm not, I probably won't contact them. It's something I need to work on...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I have a lot of friends, but there's only two I'm close enough with to see on a regular basis. My best friend Lauren I usually see at least twice a week and the days we don't see each other we constantly talk online. The other, Brooke, I see about once a week because she lives at university during the week which is over an hour away, but she comes home on weekends and we hang out then.

I have a whole bunch of other friends too, mostly from high school, but I don't see them as much as I'd like to. And I would like some more friends - more male ones; most of my friends are girls.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Do you have many friends? Do you want more friends?
    I have few friends and desire only so much.

Are you friends mostly with a certain type of person?
    No; although most of them do happen to fit 'gamer' or 'artist' in some capacity, their personalities are distinct.

Do you think you have close enough friends?
    Yes.

How do you make new friends?
    I don't; they make me their friend, then my end picks up in course.

Do you have more online friends than offline friends?
    Currently all online. I don't think it's a distinction much worth making.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I have a decent amount of friends. Not too many, which I like a lot. A few super close ones, a few super almost close ones, and friends that are fun to chat with.

I've never actually been the one brave enough to go out of my way to talk to someone. Not at first, at least. It usually takes me about a week to warm up to a person, if not then more. so, people usually think the wrong things of me, hate on me forever, and when they see I'm not what they thought I was, everyone is happy. I'm just quiet. my whole family is like that. We'll chat with you, sure, but we'll never be the first to start the conversation.

As far as online/offline ratio, I'd say it's about even.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I have a lot of friends, but most of them are different groups: my childhood friends that i'm still best friends with today, my online friends which can be broken down into: my pc friends and my lj friends, my high school friends, my community college friends, and my university friends. Personally, while I love having a bunch of awesome people as friends, I wish I had a few more at university that I was close to. A lot of my friends are conditional for the current class i'm in and it's hard for me to meet people since i'm not always at the main campus (the campuses are divided by majors).

I have a lot of friends, but only a handful of super close friends and it would be cool to bump up people to the "super close level" here at school :) but I am very grateful for the friends I have and I love them with all my heart <3

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • I have a lot of friends. A lot. If nothing else everyone knows who I am.
    I don't want any more friends, I'm happy with the group of people I'm close too now BUT you can never have enough! I don't really have a type of friend, the people I'm close to are pretty diverse (except in their bad music taste)
    I have a lot of good memories with my friends but none specific are "best memories". I do try to spend a lot of time with my friends, sure I maybe don't go out enough but I do go out often, generally I don't make the plans though and we all wait for each other to do it leading to us not really hanging out as often as we ought to. My close friends are part of like a clique jut because that's where we fell, but I'm friends with people outside my 'group' as well.

If I want to be friends with someone I generally am, there are a couple of online people I'm not friends with even though I'd like to be because one of them I've never really had the chance to talk to (and she's a busy woman) and the other one.. Well I can't see us being friends because our views are quite different! I have more offline friends than online friends, and I'm a lot closer to people offline HOWEVER I am close to plenty of people online!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I have very few friends but I prefer it because I'd rather have 3 really good friends than 33 mediocre friends, I'm very picky on who I spend my time with nowadays anyways. My wingman John I see every few weeks or so when we have the day off and my clan brother James I see probably once or twice a year, both of those guys I've known for at least 3 years now and I consider them to be family at this point lol.

Ayselipera

I've slowly deteriorated into a very unsocial person lol. I used to hang out with everyone, knew everyone, everyone knew me, and then idk I just got so sick and tired of everyone I knew. Pretty much it's now to the point where I avoid all of them. It's not even like I've run away from real life and now made a home online either. I barely talk to anyone online or even enjoy talking to anyone online who I don't start a conversation with myself and even then it's like half the time I do it's out of sheer boredom.

Nearly everyone has just disappointed me in someway and when that happens I just want to get away from them. I'm not sure if I just have high standards for other people or I just know a lot of sucky people, but either way I'm not really all that bothered.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I only have a few friends now, whereas I had a lot back in school. Some of my friends have moved away, and now I don't really get in touch with them anymore. :/

Victini

I never had too many people that I knew/was friends with...

I-I'm not much of a social butterfly. I usually just keep to a small group of some sort.. maybe 4 people...

If not around the group I keep mostly to myself. I still keep very polite and friendly to everybody despite my usual isolation, but I don't have many actual friends.. ^^;

This goes for real life and online. ;

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    I have one friend. She's really more like an acquaintance because we aren't too close but I sit with her at lunch and in class. But she's the closest thing I've ever had to a friend. I would love more friends, people who are actually intelligent, who are into politics like I am, and actually get geeky jokes. xD I've always wanted friends like that, I think I'd be a lot closer with friends who I actually had things in common with.

I try to be nice to everyone even if I don't really expect to be friends with them, but it never works out. Probably they just think I'm kind of boring, which I understand. xD Which is probably also why I don't have any online friends either.

Sometimes, though, I do have a good time with my friend. She gives me someone to talk to so I don't look like a total anti-social freak. xD And she's good for a laugh, even though she couldn't say the same because I don't think she gets my jokes. Unless it's a "that's what she said" joke. She gets a kick out of those. :P

Minishcap

Fecaloma
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    It's funny when I think about it, but the friends I had ten years ago I rarely see anymore.

The friends I had when I was 7-15 are not the friends I had when I was 15-20 who themself are not the friends I had (still have) post-20. There are some from my childhood I meet on occassions who I still consider my friends but as said, I rarely see them.

Years
  • Do you have many friends?
    Nope.
    Do you want more friends?
    Not really, it's more the being judged for having like no friends that I dislike.
    Are you friends mostly with a certain type of person?
    Quite people.
    Do you have a friend group or individual friends from multiple groups?
    I had a friend group irl. I have individual friends from different groups online with maybe a few groups thrown in too.
    When was the last time you went out with a friend or friends?
    Late october early november.
    What do you like to do with your friends?
    Shopping and/or talking while eating.
    What are some of your best memories with friends?
    When I came out to the two who would constantly argue and it shut them up for like an hour!
    Do you think you have close enough friends?
    I use to, but nah not anymore.
    Do you think you spend enough time with your friends?
    Nope.
    Are there people you want to be friends with but haven't found a way to be yet?
    I guess so irl, although they're more people who I find fun to listen to.
    Have you ever become good friends with someone you really didn't expect to be friends with?
    Yup, we were talking about it the other day actually.
    How do you make new friends?
    Online I talk to them randomly on forums \o/ Offline they talk to me and we either click or don't
    How do you meet new people who turn into friends?
    I don't.
    Do you have more online friends than offline friends?
    Online friends.
    Are you generally closer to your online friends than offline friends?
    Yup because it's easier to talk to them.

Balls to your no lists policy.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • Two of my friends I've known since childhood, almost 13 years now, and the rest I've known for a good 5 years so I think I can say we are pretty close group of friends, but I don't particularly have many friends because I'm not the most sociable person unlike when I was 10 or younger. When it comes to my friends though, the majority of them are the quiet of the class but those who have a very distinct personality once you crack open their shells and I personally think it always will be the same.

Although soon the bonds with us are about to shatter because of moving out of secondary school and into collages is soon upon us. My fault no doubt because I never really keep in touch with anyone because I simply just...can't be bothered to, as much as I like them, it's a hassle to keep it up for however long because I get tired of it and we've usually all moved on by then.

But for now when I am with them being the clown is always fun - cracking a joke or simply being a little silly is always good fun with a few friends no matter what place so really, I could shop with them, watch a film or stay over for the night and always have fun because that's what I love to do with them. But if I had to choose one other thing I like doing with my friends I'd have to say probably just talking to them about things we enjoy to read, listen to etc., I like to do.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I moved every year of my life pretty much up until my sophomore year of high school and only have 1-2 close friends that stuck with me before then, and I met them in seventh grade. Then I have a few from high school but I really never talk to them anymore, we barely hang out when I'm home and I'm perfectly content to be on my computer and not hang with anyone. In college I have a group of about 5 people that I hang out with once a week or so, other than that I just spend my time with my online friends, of which I have many.

I'm with HT on the friends thing, I'm fine the way I am but I don't like the judgment that comes with not hanging out with people all the time.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I've got loads of friends, I tend to like to surround myself with people I like and trust, because I can be a pretty weird person. I'm not very social, as in making friends, I suppose I don't make very much an effort in that part, I've got more acquaintances than very close friends. I always enjoy going out with friends. It just so happens we'll be going out after school to watch The Hunger Games, which we're all very very excited about.

As for online friends, I wouldn't say I'm as closer to than than my offline friends. Though there's one person I've been friends with for almost 6 years and never lost contact, we're very good friend have have skype'd a lot, it's just we're really far apart to even meet.

Years
    • Seen today
    I thought I did. I thought I had a ton of friends, but very recently, I've decided that I only have one friend offline.

All the rest of the people I once considered to be friends (with the exception of one) are people who are friends with me when it's convenient to them. They're not there for me much, and don't take any initiative in talking to me, and put very little effort into when I talk to them. They're also the type that when they run into my dad at a convenience store, they say how much they miss me and want to hang out with me, but never actually tell me that.

I'm extremely forgiving and understanding, but it's gotten to the point that, because of that, I've grown extremely resentful towards and have become someone who doesn't really like other people, but still craves for some communication with them. I kind of feel like if I wasn't so forgiving and understanding, this wouldn't have happened and I wouldn't have let myself get close to them and would have picked up on this a lot earlier on, because it's been going on with them for a long time.

Online, I have about four or five people I consider to be friends.

Back