• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friendship is Magic ~ The My Little Pony Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • That would be "How to Preen Your Chicken" Hated the name, loved the story.

ahhh thankyouthankyouthankyou! <3 I knew it had some "chicken-y" name but I couldn't get it off the tip of my tounge. lmao. NOW I'm gonna save it so I don't have to go looking for it again, that story was just feel-wrenching, but really really sweet. ^_^

SO YEAH, click on it and read it guys. It's a great story.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • I do think Season 4 did shine, even more than the previous seasons! Last year when Season 4 was being previewed/teased during SDCC, we were just excited for it. Now, I believe they'll be doing the same for Season 5, hopefully we'll have an exact date for the new season to start?

I know there's a lot of Scoot/Dash fics out there, but the one I mentioned was the only one I read. xD

I have a long list of favorite episodes to be quite honest! But the one that tops it all is the Canterlot Wedding special. That was AMAZING.

I - am fortunate to be going to Bronycon next weekend ^^ So if anything is revealed there, I'll be sure to spread it around. And post pics here of stuff I get, and whatnot.

Duh! Of course we need Jack Black! I can't think of what type of pony he'd be, but it would be epic. Also now that I think about, what if for some reason, Hasbro let Michael Bay make an episode of MLP with free will of what he was allowed to include? "MLP, that one child's show where the producers allowed Michael Bay to add explosions to it?" is what all the peeps would say when asked about MLP after that episode was made!

Y'know, we're preeeeetty dang close to that already. Hasbro already either had, or allowed Micheal Bay to put a brony shoutout in the last Transformers movie (Age of Extinction) where he had a Rainbow Dash toy front and center screen, turn into an assault rifle in the hands of a scientist character. It was not subtle - and Micheal Bay's already doing a TMNT reboot series now. :I So yeah. MICHEAL BAY-SPLOSIONS MLP EDITION may not be far away.

Is it just me or does he sound like Iron Will?

It's not just you - I hear it too :P But Iron Will is voiced by Trevor Devall, while Mr Torgue is voiced by Chris Rager.

Trevor has voiced Thunderlane, Iron Will, and Fancypants on MLP, as well as Dukey on Johnny Test, Mr Chang from Black Lagoon, Jayce from League of Legends, Shuichi Izawa from death note, Togusa from Ghost in the Shell, and more. While Chris Rager, probably the more famous of the two - is best known for Hercule in Dragon Ball Z, Mr. Torgue, Zampano form Fullmetal Alchemist, Arlong from One Piece, and others.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I - am fortunate to be going to Bronycon next weekend ^^ So if anything is revealed there, I'll be sure to spread it around. And post pics here of stuff I get, and whatnot.

SAY WHAT.

mlfw8308-1350572786409456.gif

Promoting you to Official Brony-Con Insider for the club tbh!! I'm super excited for you and I really hope all goes really really well! I just realized Bronycon IS next weekend, goes to show that it has creeped up pretty quickly. xD

I would have gone, but it's my sister's birthday on Saturday the 2nd. That con is totally on my bucket list and it's a must-go. There's always next year (and other cons!) though!

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I - am fortunate to be going to Bronycon next weekend ^^ So if anything is revealed there, I'll be sure to spread it around. And post pics here of stuff I get, and whatnot.

This is the first year I am not going. I had a blast in 2012 and in 2013. I'm sure you will have lots of fun.

As someone who has been, I'll give you two pieces of advice.
    1. Be careful in the vendor hall, It's really easy to spend a lot of money very fast without realizing it.

2. Don't walk north of the Convention center after dark. (It quickly turns into the wrong neighborhood)

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • Oo - I didn't even know there were levels of club membership-ness for going to Bronycon ahahah. Neato :P I'll be sure to represent.

And I've actually been going for 3 years / 4 cons now, I was in NYC and the Meadowlands Expo Center in Secaucus NJ in 2012 (Driving in NJ is TERRIBLE as I've complained about in another thread here) Baltimare last year and again this year. ^^ I stayed at a hotel about a mile down that road direcccctly in front of the Baltimare Convention Center last year in 2013 (all the ones around the con center were booked) - so I know how bad the neighborhoods get lol. I was in those neighborhoods. xD I fed a homeless guy. Usually not a good idea since sometimes they'll follow you if you do that, but he was actually sleeping in front of a storefront, so I just dropped it in a bag and kept walking. Cuz y'know ponies and stuff.

Buoysel

Years
  • Oo - I didn't even know there were levels of club membership-ness for going to Bronycon ahahah. Neato :P I'll be sure to represent.

And I've actually been going for 3 years / 4 cons now, I was in NYC and the Meadowlands Expo Center in Secaucus NJ in 2012 (Driving in NJ is TERRIBLE as I've complained about in another thread here) Baltimare last year and again this year. ^^ I stayed at a hotel about a mile down that road direcccctly in front of the Baltimare Convention Center last year in 2013 (all the ones around the con center were booked) - so I know how bad the neighborhoods get lol. I was in those neighborhoods. xD I fed a homeless guy. Usually not a good idea since sometimes they'll follow you if you do that, but he was actually sleeping in front of a storefront, so I just dropped it in a bag and kept walking. Cuz y'know ponies and stuff.

Oh, so you are familiar with Ice Cold Water

Polar Spectrum

Years
  • It's only one dollar I hear

xD but yeah, I in fact even bought one as a souvenir.

I also later ended up giving that to a homeless person. :I Got to see Phillypu there who later remixed that entire chant into a full fledged song.

Got that ice ice ice

cold cold cold

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • So apparently, WatchMojo.com has listed Derpy as part of their top 10 dumbest animated TV characters (in terms of their intelligence mind you):

Spoiler:

And receptions from the MLP fandom are less than positive, since Derpy was only portrayed in the show as a klutz so far and not an imbecile, which of course inspired me to ask this following question, though I'm not sure if it's already been asked: How do you portray Derpy in your own headcanon?

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • How do you portray Derpy in your own headcanon?

WatchMojo has some interesting top 10s in my opinion...a lot of them just...weird, but in the case of Derpy Hooves, the loveable mailmare from Ponyville.....I could see her being on the low IQ side of things. I mean, she doesn't have to be ober smart like Twilight or such. Regardless, I think she would be a tad to the low IQ side and a bit slow at times. And example of this 'slowness' is when she dropped all that stuff on Twilight (even though it was for comic affect), when the focus is panned up to them in the sky, you see her looking down (or at Raindrops) til they both look at the angry bossman stallion. Its just an idea in my retrospect view of her.

Here's that scene for anyone curious:

And look who's showed up again! :]

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • can we tone down on the negativity articles, please?

Speaking of Derpy, I wore my Derpy tee today for my summer class final exam. It felt relevant, because I bombed that test by one point but I still managed to pass the class with a B.

mlfw10678_small.jpg

& welcome back, my fellow co-owner. Hopefully things are going smooth for ya.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • ^that is simply adorable. <3 Derpy is seriously growing on to me.

Also this. SDCC is now here and looks like the MLP FB page wants fans to vote on the questions that they want to be answered. The first few look pretty interesting. Ahhhh can't wait to see what they have in store. :D

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • It's difficult for me to vote between Questions A, C, and D. I love to see a background pony getting his or her own episode, but I also want to know which guest voices will appear in season 5. I wonder what Lyra, Octavia, and DJ-PON3 will sound like outside of fan made animations.

Buoysel

Years
  • It's difficult for me to vote between Questions A, C, and D. I love to see a background pony getting his or her own episode, but I also want to know which guest voices will appear in season 5. I wonder what Lyra, Octavia, and DJ-PON3 will sound like outside of fan made animations.

I really hope they hire Nowacking to do Pon3's voice. I have seen so many fan-animations with Nowack as the voice of Vinyl that it's basicly canon to me now. (see this video for example http://youtu.be/Sob1t-iUCmE)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Years
  • Spoiler:

I haven't finished watching Season 4 yet, but i'm sure i will be looking forward to Season 5 as much as you guys(and girls).

Also i think Scootaloo is becoming my favorite pony (of course not as much as Rainbow Dash).

Buoysel

Years
  • Spoiler:

I haven't finished watching Season 4 yet, but i'm sure i will be looking forward to Season 5 as much as you guys(and girls).

Also i think Scootaloo is becoming my favorite pony (of course not as much as Rainbow Dash).

Scootaloo is best CMC. I just lover her personality.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back