• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friendship

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Naminé only wants to ask a very simple, straightforward question.

What is a friend...?

eleniak_witch

[magical girl]
    Years
    A friend could be many things.

Someone you can rely on.
    Someone you can trust.
    Someone who won't leave you or forget about you.
    Someone whose company you enjoy.
    Someone who you can be yourself with.
    Someone who can also enjoy your company and be themselves.

Just somewhere along those lines I guess.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    In these days there really is no standard definition.

On one end of the spectrum it can be someone who you can confide in and trust with your messages and work and work with you to achieve a common goal.

On the other end it's one of many people in a list geared for quick identification of your influence or status on social networking sites.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Different people give it different meanings. Probably someone you can trust to help you out when you really need it and someone who can trust you with the same.

cinnamon

dont touch wat u cant afford
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2006
    freinds come in lots of shapes and sises wid diffrent personalliteies anyway can we talk about something else im like new on here and relly bored

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    People who will console you on MSN asking you why on earth you questioned their meaning. XP

cinnamon, if this topic does not interest you, it's better to go off and find new ones. ^_^;

Years
    Friendship is justified in so many ways, that to everybody a friend can be a different thing. To me a friend is a person with whom you enjoy talking and hanging out with, and who would help you if you ever had any problems. To me, a friend is more or less like a very loyal and trustworthy person.

The Great Saiyaman

Lets heat things up!
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2006
    A friend is someone you turn to for. . . MONEY. Nah, I'm just joking.

A friend is a person who you can relate to. Someone who wouldn't turn their back on you.

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    A friend is beyond words, someone who you can be in the same room with and not say a word and think nothing of it...someone who will listen to anything you say...someone who will always be there to help you...a friend is indeed beyond words...don't take them for granted.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    *points to Friends List*

It is something that grows over time... a true friendship. A feeling in the heart that becomes even stronger over time... The passion of friendship will soon blossom into a righteous power and through it, you will know which way to go...

Sheik said it best. XD

powerofpikachu

~Sudden change of Attitude~
    Years
    the nest words im about to say are strong and beautiful.

what is a friend you ask?
    a friend is the one who sticks up for you when you need backup
    a friend is one who is there for you, when you are in deep sandess,
    a friend is one who never regrets meeting you
    a friend is the one who loves you forever
    a friend is the one who protects you from harm,
    *sniffle* *in tears*
    a friend is the one who when you die, is garanteed to be at your funeral, a friend is the one who cares about you
    a friend is the one who always wants to be with you
    a friend is the one who if you fight, gets back together with you,
    a friend is the one who will help you make the right decisions
    a friend is the one who will stop you from suicide
    a friend s the one who will help you live above the influence
    a friend is the one who never lets you down no matter what
    a friend will ablawy be there when you need her
    a friend will always save you if you need it
    a friend will always be with you in your heart

*cry*
    but most of all,

a friend will always be there.

no matter what.

they will always be there

PhoenixFluff

Polar Express Rider
    Years
    Weell, Friendship..hm..there's no real definition of it.

Friends are the other you. They are a part of you you never knew. (Haha that ryhmed!)
    They are siblings God forgot to give us. (Pwease don't be offended by my mentioning of religious figures...X_x)
    Friends are people you can trust with your life.

Years
    Naminé said:

What is a friend...?
    Hard to find =(

But seriously, for a friend should be someone who won't betray you and won't let you down, but not that alone. I also think you should just be able to have normal fun with them, make jokes and have a laugh. Of course there are people who will be there for you with whom you don't joke, but I'd associate that more with ... brotherly feelings or something.

*points to Friends List*
    I doubt the number of true friends you can make on a forum.

the nest words im about to say are strong and beautiful.
    Those your own words, or ... ? =/

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    A friend can be many things. It really depends on what you're talking about. A plain old regular friend is someone you can talk to and laugh with.

But best friend is something more.

A best friend is someone you trust with your life, your family, your secrets. It's someone who is ALWAYS there for you, no matter what your problem is. He can always make you laugh. She knows you better than you know yourself. Sometimes, you finish each others' sentences and immediatly freak out and yell "Oh My Gawd!" They never judge you and help you through all your problems. They keep you company when you're lonely. They hold you when you cry. They don't skirt away when your grandfather dies or your parents announce their divorce. They'll watch old, crappy movies with you or go with you to a fancy resteraunt because you're both single for the weekend and don't want to sit at home.

They are irreplacable and non-reproducable.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    A friend is the jerk in the camo vest who tells you to **** off and the next day buys you lunch for hauling him around all the time when he needs a ride.

A friend is the sweater-toting pacifist who you shot in the gut one day with an Airsoft gun (accidentally) and laughs at you quietly self-rightous impersonation of him before coming back with an even more brutal one of you.

A frind is the guy who will go and see Episode III at midnight, day one and poke you awake if you start to doze.

They're also the people who come into school the next day and don't gloat (okay, don't gloat a whoile lot about it) or spoil anything because you haven't seen it yet.

A friend will join the Fighting 501st with you the day you turn 18, not the day he does so you can join together.

You can get into a screaming match with a friend about politics and still laugh at the same inspid little in-joke five minutes later.

A friend gets you George Takei's autograph when you can't make it to StarCon yourself.

But that's just what they do. What they are is a much more indefinable, ephermeal thing.

Hitori

not here, am I?
    Years
    I'm your friend, Namine. ;)

A friend is someone who trusts and likes you. Someone who will never give up even if you push them away.

one's true, pure, whole bonding with another... a friend is simply that; a friend.

Back