• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frigid Air: Ice-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenonPrototype

Prodigy of Ice
Years
  • Hrm...Ice Type physical and special? Mine would have to be Ice Punch for physical, because Ice Punch sounds cool (no pun intended). I've always run one Pokemon with Ice Punch. For Ice-Type special, it would have to be Blizzard. I always enjoyed the animation for Blizzard in any Gen. Sure, in my case, it always misses when it counts, but not when there's Hail!

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • I think Avalugg should get a Mega, and just put the entire boost into Attack.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • Not sure what a Mega Avalugg would look like, he's already pretty big and evolved. As for a "Santa" gym leader, don't forget to give him a Beartic as a partner too in addition with the Stantler, Xerneas and Articuno. I'd give him a Delibird too.

I would have Bridget Fonda's version of the Snow Queen as an Elite Four member (I think that's the one with the ice mirror she tried to put back together). She'd have a Froslass as her main Pokemon, as well as Glaie, Jynx, Glaceon, Weavile and Aurorus.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Lots of pokemon who get megas are already pretty big and evolved though. ;p

I'd imagine that they would elaborate on Avalugg's top half. Whether intentional or not, I find the original design to be really incomplete and unsatisfying. :( Its design isn't bad per se, it just feels like it could of been a lot better. They could of created something similar to a rock golem or something, except with ice. Nonetheless if they were to create a mega form, it'd probably go along the lines of Camerupt. Instead of volcanoes, they could use glaciers while also touching up on its aggressive appearance. Honestly though, I haven't ever really given Avalugg this much thought or notice before but it certainly has the potential to have a great mega. :)

Welp, looks like we're gonna be having a Santa Claus master race at this rate. The team suits him perfectly though. :) On a slightly off-topic but related note - do you guys think they'd ever make Stantler a normal/ice type? Y'know with Rudolph and all prancing his way into pokemon. :p

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • Yeah, Avalugg is basically a table pokemon.

They should do something cool with Stantler, so it isn't just another unusable normal-type. An Ice/Normal type sounds like a lot of fun, but I think it will be given to a new pokemon entirely, a true christmas-y reindeer pokemon.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • Yeah, Avalugg is basically a table pokemon.

They should do something cool with Stantler, so it isn't just another unusable normal-type. An Ice/Normal type sounds like a lot of fun, but I think it will be given to a new pokemon entirely, a true christmas-y reindeer pokemon.

I like that idea, either retype Stantler as a Normal/Ice type or give Stantler a Mega evolution with that dual typing, as long as it doesn't resemble a winter Sawsbuck too much.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I like that idea, either retype Stantler as a Normal/Ice type or give Stantler a Mega evolution with that dual typing, as long as it doesn't resemble a winter Sawsbuck too much.

Yes i could see stantler getting an ice type but i do doubt he will ever get a mega. Hes not very well known as some pokemon from Johto are since a lot of people started at leafgreen and worked up never playing the original Johto games.

Glalie was well known and needed a mega he wasn't very powerful but he probably has stronger stats now.

Ok 2 questions.

Where you impressed with mega abomasnow?
    Mega abomasnow yep powerful but i use him on one of my teams and bases on his new design i think he needs upped def and spD. Snow warning as a continued ability makes sense though.

What ice type do you hope to get a mega?
    Well for ORAS id see it fit to give walrein a mega it would be quote awesome more powerful and fitting but i doubt he will receive one since hes used by Glacia and she has Glalie as her mega.
    Any others would be cloyster and weavile those 2 i could so see having a mega cloyster would be way cool with a mega i can see the design! As for weavile he'd have upped attack and kinda like a ninja ice pokemon!

Your input!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    While loads of fans have started from third gen onwards, a lot of people have also played since the beginning. Stantler isn't that popular but giving it a Rudolph form that's only accessible on Christmas would be a pretty neat idea by Gamefreak. :D Perhaps they could like hand out an event Stantler annually that's normal/ice or something? I think it's a cute touch to all the festivities. Though I'm not sure how hard it'd be to implement into the game. :(

Are you impressed with Mega Abomasnow?

Mega Abomasnow's pretty awesome. I've always loved the Abomasnow family and seeing it get a mega was really great. With the mega, it became even tankier while still retaining its ability to spam 100% accuracy blizzards. Heck yeah, Team Mega Abomasnow. :)

What ice type do you want to see a mega for?

Think polar bears. If you think a Mega Beartic would be silly then eggs and bacon, you're mistaken. :(

Years
  • about the whole rudolf and stantler thing Sawsbuck already kinda has a reindeerish theme when its winter i guess it doesnt get a ice typing but thats about it

I like it since I used Abomasnow alot last gen in battles an its alot better at the role it used to do for me i also think it looks pretty cool.

Lapras! I think it will be really good if it gets a mega with the refrigerate ability or any other good ability since i think Lapras is kinda being left out last couple of generations, but my second choice is probably Aurorus.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • What ice type do you want to see a mega for?

Froslass, mostly because Glalie has one. I'd actually like to see Dewgong. It's a very underappreciated Pokémon and I think it could use a boost. Lapras would be a good idea since it's so popular and I think it would be cool to see it get a Mega.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Are you impressed with Mega-Abomasnow?
    I can't say, sadly, as I personally haven't had any chance to try it out. Though, its regular form is pretty great in itself, as it's able to whip hail and whatnot, which is very helpful, especially when utilizing moves like Blizzard. Its mega stats seem to be great, and ability is also nice; if they were all to be put together, I suppose it could be even more powerful. Its design, however, looks absolutely stunning!

What ice-type do you want to see a mega for?
    Froslass would be pretty cool. Its alternate evolution, Glalie, wound up getting a mega-form, so it would make sense for Froslass to gain one as well. Aside from that, Delibird would also be nice. It's based around Santa Claus, if I'm mistaken, so in its mega-evolution form, perhaps they might be able to have it extends its belly and grow white beard around its neck, to have the Pokémon resemble him more?

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Just extend Delibird's head into a santa hat and you're good to go. ;o I'm liking the idea though!

I agree with Mega Froslass but I think the purpose of Mega Glalie was to make it a viable evolution choice. After Froslass's release, its popularity just dropped rapidly. :( Personally, I think having Mega Glalie but not Froslass would get more fans to pick up one rather than always going down the same line. However, I'm guessing that Mega Froslass would be really well-designed if created so I'm kinda torn on whether I want one or not, honestly. ;__;

Dedenne1

Years
  • Are you impressed with Mega-Abomasnow?
    I can't say, sadly, as I personally haven't had any chance to try it out. Though, its regular form is pretty great in itself, as it's able to whip hail and whatnot, which is very helpful, especially when utilizing moves like Blizzard. Its mega stats seem to be great, and ability is also nice; if they were all to be put together, I suppose it could be even more powerful. Its design, however, looks absolutely stunning!

What ice-type do you want to see a mega for?
    Froslass would be pretty cool. Its alternate evolution, Glalie, wound up getting a mega-form, so it would make sense for Froslass to gain one as well. Aside from that, Delibird would also be nice. It's based around Santa Claus, if I'm mistaken, so in its mega-evolution form, perhaps they might be able to have it extends its belly and grow white beard around its neck, to have the Pokémon resemble him more?

A mega Delibird would be pretty cool maybe it will actually make him a more usable pokemon and another ice and flying!

Froslass, mostly because Glalie has one. I'd actually like to see Dewgong. It's a very underappreciated Pokémon and I think it could use a boost. Lapras would be a good idea since it's so popular and I think it would be cool to see it get a Mega.
    p

I agree and i bet that there will be one in the future. Glalie and froslass are pretty well known but in battles theyre not the strongest. Now Glalie has a mega so it would seem fit that froslass receives one.

about the whole rudolf and stantler thing Sawsbuck already kinda has a reindeerish theme when its winter i guess it doesnt get a ice typing but thats about it

I like it since I used Abomasnow alot last gen in battles an its alot better at the role it used to do for me i also think it looks pretty cool.

Lapras! I think it will be really good if it gets a mega with the refrigerate ability or any other good ability since i think Lapras is kinda being left out last couple of generations, but my second choice is probably Aurorus.

Mega Lapras huh? Id say it doesnt need any defensive stats upped id up th SpA. I wouldnt say its been left out that much though its quite widely known the only gen they werent in was unova black and white and the 2s.

While loads of fans have started from third gen onwards, a lot of people have also played since the beginning. Stantler isn't that popular but giving it a Rudolph form that's only accessible on Christmas would be a pretty neat idea by Gamefreak. :D Perhaps they could like hand out an event Stantler annually that's normal/ice or something? I think it's a cute touch to all the festivities. Though I'm not sure how hard it'd be to implement into the game. :(

Mega Abomasnow's pretty awesome. I've always loved the Abomasnow family and seeing it get a mega was really great. With the mega, it became even tankier while still retaining its ability to spam 100% accuracy blizzards. Heck yeah, Team Mega Abomasnow. :)

Think polar bears. If you think a Mega Beartic would be silly then eggs and bacon, you're mistaken. :(

Mega Beartic would be cool. Is he the only polar bear ice type? Well being a single type it makes him pretty cool since theres a low amount of just ice type pokemon (besides Crygonal which i dont like)
    If they upped def and Att. He'd be a force to be reckoned with!

Now as for Abomasnow. Abomasnow is a good pokemon but for competitive id say hes average even with his mega. Reasons well lets say u want blizzard on him for the always hit with hail. Ok so you'll have him trained in SpA and then we see other moves but wait the only good grass move it can learn is wood hammer and other moves are skull bash are physical. So you have to plan a lot to make him an okay competitive battler. For SpA you can use energy ball which isnt as powerful but its more upped if u focus on SpA. Focus Blast and sheer cold are good too. Now many people use him as a attacker so for this we have wood hammer, earthquake, protect, rockslide skull bash. He has many good attacking moves but most want blizzard cause we got hail! Well if u want these awesome moves u shouldnt use blizzard you would have to choose between avalanche and ice punch. So yes abomasnow is a good mega but his moveset may need reviving and its hard to choose if you want him for SpA or Att.

Now if only this was real....
    2d7vjnl.jpg

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mega-Weavile? Yes, that would indeed be pretty nice! Its design looks natural, too, unlike some other Pokémon--Lucario would be a decent example, which has those weird-looking red-colored stipes growing out of its body; sort of unfitting, considering that its body color-scheme revolves around blue--which is a plus. Statistics-wise, I'd love it if the Pokémon were to gain boost in Attack, and perhaps even Speed.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I can't help but think that while Mega Weavile looks great, it has a very feminine appearance. That's perfectly fine and all but what if a person were to have a male Weavile? It'd be kinda weird for it to just transit into an appearance of the opposite gender. :(

Anyway all of my nitpicking aside, I think it's a great idea and one that Gamefreak should get started on! The rough concept above used Weavile's human-like appearance well to add fitting hair and detail to the mega. I'd also say that it looks haughty almost. Sorta royal-like if that didn't make sense.

But really, am I the only one who thinks of Cleopatra when seeing Weavile? I know they're two completely different things and people but I just associate the two of them together. I guess they share a common elegance or something? ;__;

Dedenne1

Years
  • Haha ya i think of cleopatra and i dont know i wouldnt say it looks girlish but who knows there could always be different Megas for different genders! The pic looks so real right?! I kinda am hoping they do somthing like it in the future cause i totally agree its awesome

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Now that you mention it, Sophie, it does look pretty feminine, haha. Though, for male version, I suppose they could cut-out those red hair-like things from back of its head? I could imagine it to look more like a guy this way, if you know what I mean! Alongside, perhaps they might also be able to reduce size of its eyes slightly, so that it looks more intense and whatnot. Another thing they might be able to attempt is sharpening its claws more.

Aside from Mega-Weavile, I believe it would be nice if they were able to give Articuno something. This Pokémon is not banned when it comes to competitive play, but isn't utilized very often, either, sadly, so once it does gain a mega-evolution form, things could possibly look up for it, I believe! It'd be nice. Articuno is one of my most favorite ice-types, and seeing it finally gain some spotlight would undoubtedly make me glad.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Now that you mention it, Sophie, it does look pretty feminine, haha. Though, for male version, I suppose they could cut-out those red hair-like things from back of its head? I could imagine it to look more like a guy this way, if you know what I mean! Alongside, perhaps they might also be able to reduce size of its eyes slightly, so that it looks more intense and whatnot. Another thing they might be able to attempt is sharpening its claws more.

Aside from Mega-Weavile, I believe it would be nice if they were able to give Articuno something. This Pokémon is not banned when it comes to competitive play, but isn't utilized very often, either, sadly, so once it does gain a mega-evolution form, things could possibly look up for it, I believe! It'd be nice. Articuno is one of my most favorite ice-types, and seeing it finally gain some spotlight would undoubtedly make me glad.

So altering the appearance based on gender, right? I think it's a really nifty feature that Gamefreak implemented though I've admittedly never seen them use it on megas. In this scenario however, a minor change in the appearance to distinguish the two genders would be great. Even just basic stuff like making its hair spiked instead of flattened down and so forth. I think they could also get a slightly darker shade for the male form and implement all of the other stuff you've mentioned. :)

I agree! Articuno might be a legendary but I find it being constantly overshadowed and underrated by its fellow trios, duos and anything of the like. :( Though I'm guessing the other two would then need a mega form as well? It'd be weird if they were to just throw a mega form on Articuno and then say "lolnope" to Moltres and Zapdos. How would Articuno's appearance change upon receiving a mega though? Would they decide to lengthen the tuft of fur/manbeard under its neck or would they add streaks of feathers? I honestly can't imagine what they'd do to it, so some ideas or theories on the subject would be awesome. ^^

Dedenne1

Years
  • So altering the appearance based on gender, right? I think it's a really nifty feature that Gamefreak implemented though I've admittedly never seen them use it on megas. In this scenario however, a minor change in the appearance to distinguish the two genders would be great. Even just basic stuff like making its hair spiked instead of flattened down and so forth. I think they could also get a slightly darker shade for the male form and implement all of the other stuff you've mentioned. :)

I agree! Articuno might be a legendary but I find it being constantly overshadowed and underrated by its fellow trios, duos and anything of the like. :( Though I'm guessing the other two would then need a mega form as well? It'd be weird if they were to just throw a mega form on Articuno and then say "lolnope" to Moltres and Zapdos. How would Articuno's appearance change upon receiving a mega though? Would they decide to lengthen the tuft of fur/manbeard under its neck or would they add streaks of feathers? I honestly can't imagine what they'd do to it, so some ideas or theories on the subject would be awesome. ^^

Giving them a mega would require giving Moltres and Zapdos Megas as well but its not unheard of! We have mega latios and Latias now. I feel articuno is my favorite of the trio and i think we need more ice and flying types they are quite beautiful. I personally like the kanto trio the best out of all of them. Articuno i feel would be my favorite of any trio in 2nd would be Zapdos :)

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • Mega Kyurem would be awesome, yet he already looks like a Mega. Mega Articuno? Now we're talking. Hopefully the 5 legendary birds will get Mega evolutions at some point.

New question coming up shortly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back