• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FRLG Ability Confirmation Bug and Double Battle AI

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Does anybody know if there is a way to port Emerald AI over to FRLG? From my testing FRLG is bugged regarding ability confirmation.

I tested with a custom NPC (flags: try to KO, check bad moves and check viability, with Groudon that knows Earthquake and Body Slam. I lead with Registeel that baits EQ and switch into Flygon with levitate. I then switch back to Registeel on Body slam.

Groudon should see that ive switched out, and registeel takes more damage from EQ. However, Groundon will only press Body slam and never click EQ because the bug makes Groudon assume all my pokemons have Levitate (until I can reconfirm a new ability). To test that I switch Arcanine in which triggers Intimidate (new ability confirmed), and now Groudon will click EQ again.

For doubles AI, the AI (same flags) has inconsistent targetting: In the test I am facing 2 Aerodactyls with a Parasect and Registeel, Aerodactyl knows Wing attack and Brick Break, and sees kills with Parasect. I then switch Parasect out for Registeel and Registeel out for Parasect. Aerodactyl should double target and attack the Parasect slot every time as they should both see kills on the Parasect with wing attack, and never with brick break.

However in my test I found that the aerodactyls will randomly target each slot, and use wing attack on parasect slots and brick break on registeel slots.

I was wondering if this behaviour could be fixed as Emerald AI does not suffer from the same issues.

I have using HexManiacAdvance to make my Romhack

Back