• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

from being a friend to a BFF

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2022
    Hi people. Today I came with a topic about friendship! so we meet new people constantly. Over time, some of these people become friends and a few ones can even become BFF. So how do you know that your friend is not just your friend but your BFF. Let's make this simple.

We have person A and person B. A and B are friends but what things are needed to them to become BFF? Do they need to know basic things like full name, favorite color, favorite food, know each others house, knoe each others family members, etc?

Also, is it possible the following?

A thinks B is his/her BFF but B thinks that A isn't his/her BFF and just a regular friend
    . Or to be truly BFF do they both need to think that each other is his/her BFF?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • For someone to become best friends, IMO its not a matter of knowing family members and such, from experience its who you can trust and rely on, and knowing personal stuff about each other also helps alot. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • To me, for a friend to become a BFF, you have to know this person a lot, and spend a lot of time with them.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Things I think are needed for people to become BFFs, well I honestly don't know. I don't think there is a way to determine.

I think it's mutual, Friend A can be Friend B's BFF without B being A's BFF too.

Pumpkin Fields

King of Carrot Flowers
    Years
  • A best friend is just someone you're very close with. There are no set requirements, it's different for every relationship.

Oh, look, my avatar.

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
  • I think to become a BFF you don't have to know each others family members or know there middle name, it's if you trust them and can rely on them they are your BFF. still, knowing personal stuff helps the relationship.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    A best friend, moreover, a best friend forever is a friend whom you can trust, love and rely on. They just come up randomly, there are no set requirements.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • Being someone's best friend doesn't have requirements,(like some games maybe) so being someone's best friend means your bond with them is fairly strong. For example, they can rely on you, entrust you with secrets, and is loyal to them. If there were requirements then the relationship with that person would be nothing right?, because if that's the case that person might only want to accomplish those tasks, and believe that's what friendship means. Which is not.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I couldn't say. I've never had anyone I deemed as a best friend.. I guess my boyfriend would deem as my best friend but that's a given since our relationship is held on a mutually trusting and loving level.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Being someone's best friend is not something arbitrarily decided by requirements. A person isn't restricted to having one best friend either, and all true best friends are forever...even if you do part ways.

Between best friends, A goodbye does not mean "Gone for Good". That only happens with death. Best friends are forever. There is no distinction between a Best Friend and a Best Friend Forever.

Of course, a true friend will always be there for you. False friends will not. Be wary of the false ones. Never let friends choose your friends, but do not ignore their judgments of a person. While you take their judgment of that person in consideration, you must also decide for yourself what you think of that person.

For me, I consider a person to be a best friend when I feel completely able to show all aspects of myself to them and not lose their respect or friendship. They don't have to LIKE every aspect, nor do they have to have that same aspect or even understand it, they just have to be able to accept it, and prove that they accept it to me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    BFF is just another term for a best friend. Then again, best friend is just a term normally used for implying that you're really close to someone.
    So to me, BFF and Best Friend is the same thing, because you really don't limit a best friend for a shorter amount of time than eternity - that isn't strong friendship.

Requirements isn't the word I would use here. It's more like what traits one can possess, or more specifically, what I look for in my idea of a best friend.

Basic things aren't really important to me, even though a good friend will know basic things like my name by default anyways.
    What I look for don't all have to be fulfilled totally. Just most of them would do. They would be:
    01. To be able to connect to each other nicely.
    02. To be able to establish trust and honesty between each other.
    03. Know a good deal about each other. This point is not a necessity at the beginning, but it helps in making me feel closer to someone.
    04. To be able to honestly care a lot about each other.
    05. To have a great level of liking towards each other's personalities.
    06. To be able to be our real selves and be still accepted (almost) perfectly by each other, even with us being "not so perfect".
    07. To have a likable personality, one that displays goodness.
    08. To be able to share a lot of things, and rely on each other to great levels.
    09. To be forgiving to a level, but only to a level, towards each other.
    10. But at the same time, to try and never do anything that would create a situation where one has to ask for forgiveness in the first place. That normally deals with hurting feelings.

Yeah, pretty much it. It might seem like a good deal of things, but most of them are actually traits that a good person will have by default anyways. The other few points left to achieve is what sets such people apart from any other. Then again, who am I kidding? I don't really know how many people in the world that I have met can I call friends, let alone best friends.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • I've always saw it like this, someone can be considered a best friend if you know them inside and out and can trust them with everything. A best friend is where you can pretty much guess what they're going to say next in conversation and one that would be willing to do things like drive a half an hour to see you for an hour or be willing to chill with you at home while you're sick.

They're just always there for you. =]

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
  • The people I call my BFFS are my friends that are there for me always. We cheer each other up when any of us are feeling sad and we know what each other is going through. We know what the other person has had to go through, their past, and help them move on.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Honestly, for me. Being best friends with someone just means that you're comfortable with them. You don't necessarily need to be on the same page all the time. Or at all! you just gotta... go with what you've got, I guess.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • For me, a BFF is someone whom you can actually truely count on and trust, get very close together and fell comfortable with and have true friendship feelings with them and so do they.

A BFF is not like "Oh, we're BFFs! How awesome! *After a few days, just do something stupid and not thinking about their "BFF" then gives bunch of excuses"" and other crap.

I do hate people claiming me as a their BFF or such when I didn't even see any BFF actions from them but instead from their mouth only. Till now I never gotten one before yet.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2011
    Ohhh coooooooool I have a Friend, But im not sure how to convert our friendship into BFFship! So I was surching round the forums of 'Other Chat' and went to the last page imidetly, then i found this thread...then i thought that this would be a good place to express my feelings about my friend... but i might not replie very often...
    ohhhhh well

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    I met my best friend in my freshman year.

I was standing around with my friends during lunch. I was wearing a black t-shirt with Alphonse from Fullmetal Alchemist on it. Someone asked me why there is a robot on my shirt. I told her it's not a robot. It's a boy's soul trapped in a suit of armour. God just killed a kitten, because you called Al a robot. This boy, who climbed on top of a giant object and was sitting on it, jumped down and explained why Al isn't a robot.

I went to the next class, noticing the boy. He sat in front of me. I tapped him on the shoulder and talked to him. At first, we didn't really take a liking to each other. Regardless, we still talked and hung out. It wasn't until a few weeks later that we both realized we had a stronger bond than we first noticed. I loved his company, and he loved mine, but it took a little bit to realize it. I helped him with a traumatic incident, and we both became best friends after that.

But it didn't stop there. Our friendship grew and grew before we fell in love. c:

Basically, when you trust your friend more than you trust your parents, you love them more than anything, and you'd give up anything to see them, then you have a BFF.

Caina

Nankurunaisa
    Years
  • Me, I met my best friend during Grade School. :D
    She's a girl, but when we step unto High School, we were seniors back then, she became very different, because she said that she loves me not anymore as a friend but more than that. She is now my girlfriend, which makes it easy for me to handle because I know her for a very long time. :)

I guess it all starts from a simple friendship. :D

Back