• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Frustrating Things in FR/LG

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    E4 the second time through (The Sevii Islands give you experience, but not enough...). It was hard enough the first time, but then they just HAD to gain 10 levels on ya!

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
  • Most annoying thing?

They took away MissingNo, No more dupating master balls...
    Exactly, why cant i catch my mew and missingno. etc.? i wanted the glitches back!! LOL

Seriously now, the most frustrating thing is that you can't have 2nd or 3rd Generation Pokémon before beating Elite Four. It's annoying, it's stupid and senseless. Other frustrating things should be: you should get the Running Shoes earlier, and i don't like that Battle Tower, the foes' names should be related to those in GSC Kanto, i'd like to Dive in Seafoam Islands or climb a Waterfall to get new items, something like that

I think this is it.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I hate that theres only one moon stone in Mt Moon. I wanted to do a Nidoking & Nidoqueen run but I'll have to wait until the Rocket Arcade to evolve one of them. =(

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
  • I hate that theres only one moon stone in Mt Moon. I wanted to do a Nidoking & Nidoqueen run but I'll have to wait until the Rocket Arcade to evolve one of them. =(
    Frustrating Things in FR/LG

Actually there's anoher moon stone there. It's hidden under the red mark. And it is still there in FRLG.

And you can catch Clefairies too.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Let's see...

1. The fact that the only things you can do post-game (other than training Pokemon) are either rebattling the Elite 4 or doing the Trainer Tower challenge. Both get really repetitive after a while. I'd say Sevii Islands as well, but the plot there doesn't seem that long...

2. The lack of Emerald's 'updates', such as the EV-reducing Berries and the usage of certain abilities (Synchronize, Flame Body, Compoundeyes) out of battle. Being able to have more control over the natures of legendaries along with increasing the chance of finding wild Chansey holding Lucky Egg (in the Safari Zone) would've been a major plus.

3. Some of the visuals (the font was OK, I guess). However, I really prefer the RSE Red (overworld sprite that appears in Emerald when you're battling/trading with a FR/LG player) than the FR/LG Red. But I guess the FR/LG style was supposed to go for a more retro look, I guess.

Also, it's a minor weird thing, but if you play FR/LG for a while and switch back to Emerald, the HP Bars in Emerald seem really skinny/thin for a while until your eyes readjust.

4. And the most annoying thing for me, the 60-Pokemon count requirement for the National Dex, plus the Ruby and Sapphire Key Item quest to trade with RSE.
    Since no one around me had FR/LG, I had to do the grueling task of completing the game 3 times from scratch to get all the Starters plus the Legendary Dogs. That includes assembling a team that has to be able to both prevent the Dog from fleeing and find a way to nullify the Roar factor. Because if the Dog happens to Roar you away, the Pokedex shows its location as "AREA UNKNOWN" right after that, making you pretty much screwed. If I'd only known about HG/SS sooner... :( :t243: :t244: :t245: I mean, Pokemon is fun, but all that repetitiveness should not be needed just for 6 Pokemon.

That's pretty much it for me. I'm just glad that "catch x amount ofPokemon" requirement is nowhere to be seen in DPPt or HG/SS. :D

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Where is the red mark? I looked all over the tunnel and the only red I seen was my hat. XD

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • the thing that bugged me most is that a trainer can see you all the way from the other side of the screen.

Oh my gosh, yes! I totally agree with you! Especially those times when you are heading to a pokemon center when your pokemon have low HP, and you think you can easily sneak past a trainer. They are off screen and you think you're safe, but then they pop out of no where and challenge you. >_<

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I love Rock Tunnel because of all of the Experience Points it gives XD I always pack a couple of Escape Ropes, then just beam back out whenever my Pokémon get tired and start again. :3 Poor unloved Tunnel. Mount Moon is more annoying for me because unless I've played FR/LG or RBY over and over recently, I can't find my way around. At least with RT you're guided. :x

The most annoying thing I find about FR/LG is the fact that you can't run indoors. That's pretty much it.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I agree the E4
    really got on my tits
    i mean c'mon goivanni pokemon ar lv 40s
    and then loreiliand oin the 50's i mean im only lvl 46 gimme a break
    a big break
    i need a kitkat A lot of KITKATS

RedRose

Coffee Addict
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    Most frustrating for me was Alter Cave. I spent about two hours trying to figure out what it was for. Also annoying was Victory Road and for some reason, all the words written IN ALL CAPS.

Maybe that's just because I'm weird though XD

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
  • The Team I used in FR/LG to beat the E4 was Charizard Mewtwo Raichu Aerodactyl Lapras and a random 6th Pokemon. Remember Lapras in the E4 Has Shell Armor so you can't get any Critical hits on it which can be annoying. You just need a really strong Thunder Type move to pound Lapras. Jynx All you need is a Fire or Ghost type move and the rest are pretty easy except Gary's Tyranitar and that is weak to water so Surf on Tyranitar to smoke that Pokemon.:)

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol.Yeah.Rock Tunnel is rubbish.

But my major grouch at the moment is that you can't get a decent water pokemon until you go surfing.And i need Super Rod for Poliwag.

Years
  • Can't believe no one has said this earlier but mine was the fact that Soda Pop & Lemonade didn't work on the guard to Saffron City. I spent ages trying to find out why he wasn't taking it. Who knew after ten years he had developed a taste for tea.

That and the aboved mentioned gripe about the legendary dogs which I still havent got yet.

Back