• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fuji Monsters

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2007
    FUJI MONSTERS​

Hello Pokécommunity, I'm Patrick (or RdM, if you like)

In recent months I've been inspired greatly by other people's accomplishments. More specifically, while working on Acanthite (*is part of Acanthite staff*), I decided I want to make my own game.

It's not Pokémon: It's Fuji Monsters! It's better! It's better because it's a browser-based MMORPG, set in a world with a cool name: Fuji.

The premise of the game is somewhat fuzzy. Basically what you do is travel from place to place, with your "fujis" doing quests, exploring and training your fujis. ... So the plot needs some work, but I'm concentrating on other things right now.

The game engines are almost completely intact by now. After about 1 month of hard work. I have a Battle System, which is sort of like the Pokémon battle system.. sort of... only sort of, though. This works well: Enemy AI, attack animation, life draining, levelling up, it's all good.
    Then there's the Overworld System. Right now I'm even using Pokémon tiles and sprites BUT THIS IS JUST FOR TEMPORARY USE! It all works great. By now it even remembers your position, so you cannot load and try again, because this thing is online, and just generally funky.

It's all being done in Flash (explore mode, battle system) and PHP.

I'm relatively independent, so most of this I can do myself. All the programming, and spriting, and mapping and such and such is done by me. I just need other graphics and ideas people.

If you're interested I would need someone:
    - who can do custom tiles and/or overworld sprites (most important thing right now)
    - who is knowledgeable in the field of writing, and has some good usable ideas
    - who can aid me in my spriting

That's all for now.

Thanks in advance,
    Patrick

PS: Please don't bash me to death with rules or ramming my idea into the ground and then just randomly insulting me. I've had these things happen before... and it was very frustrating. I just need help for my project.

Zerus

Why >__<
    Years
  • This sounds really good. Not to be rude or pushy but, are you gonna post screens anytime soon?

Im not good at spriting or anything though but Ill learn!

Zerus

Why >__<
    Years
  • Dont worry about it. Post screens when you see fit...or when a mod makes u do it...

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2007
    Dude, yes post them. I can't... yet.

In the meantime, ask me anything. I need more posts here to post pictures, so the more questions you ask, the sooner I will be content. XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2008
    Ok then, I will...
    Fuji Monsters
    :This one is my personal favourite atm.
    Fuji Monsters
    : Another favourite.
    Fuji Monsters
    : This a cool Fuji.

pat, if you want me to post the battle system, ask.

j.a

awesomenesses!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    i have a question!!!
    will you be constantley adding updates?
    and are you gonna release a demo?(please dont)

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2008
    Well, I know the answer to the second one; its an online game, so we can't ACTUALLY release a demo. Why don't you want us to?

And as for the first, we probably will when we get an overworlder. (I think that's what you call them...)

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Dude, yes post them. I can't... yet.

In the meantime, ask me anything. I need more posts here to post pictures, so the more questions you ask, the sooner I will be content. XD

You can post anywhere on the entire forum, not just on the topic you post ;)
    Don't be selfish and contribute, opinate, request, etc

Anyway, looking forward to see some Flash programming.

~Azura.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2007
    XD Sorry, yes. Obviously I can. I just find it hard to contribute to some things. I'm trying my best. :P

Hey Pontiiiiii could you post some of my favorites?
    25, 96, 35, 19

I'd greatly appreciate if you could post some screens of the battle system as well. Not the overworld though yet...

Will I be constantly adding updates? - Yes! One of the things that makes the browser-baseness of the game so useful is the fact that I can constantly throw in new stuff. New fujis, maps, quests, NPCs and everything else!

Demo? - Mmm... not really. I may have some people test all the overworld and battle stuff, for bug-checking, but I'll probably just use my helpful staff for that.

Sincerely,
    Retarded demon Monkey

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
  • I love the idea for the game and I love the pics of the monsters. The only thing I wouldsay to do to them is when you get a really good spriter, if you're still looking for onr, get them to sharppen them up. They look betterr than scratches or doodles, but they still have sort of the same effect.

Other than that sounds cool.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2007
    I love the idea for the game and I love the pics of the monsters. The only thing I wouldsay to do to them is when you get a really good spriter, if you're still looking for onr, get them to sharppen them up. They look betterr than scratches or doodles, but they still have sort of the same effect.

Other than that sounds cool.

*eyebrows you* Those aren't my best. *pokes pontii* Post the ones I said you should post.

I'm still working on my spriting skills, but I've achieved the style I would like to use for Fuji Monsters. Simple and cartoonish. ^^

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2008
    Sure pat lol...

Here are the Fujis:
    Fuji Monsters
    Fuji Monsters
    Fuji Monsters
    Fuji Monsters

I didn't know which ones to post last time lol...

EDIT: Here is the almighty battle system:
    Fuji Monsters

Last edited:

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I see no battle system...
    And the last poke... err.. fuji... reminds me of teddiursa.
    Hahah

Any map screenshot?

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    haha, if you wanna look at some more of his fuji stuff, then just go to Pokemon Acanthites forums, he has some nice stuff there, like fuji concepts by NeoRyder and even the battle screenshot is there!! I would post them, but they aren't mine :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2007
    I see no battle system either. :|

And.. the golden winged anteater reminds you of a little bear? ._. The problem with map screenshots is that we can't post any until the tiles are ours. Apparently there's not one guy in the world of the internet that's willing to take the job. -_-' Anyone know any secret game-making forums?

I can't create maps without tiles... I can't go on without maps. It's sort of a catch 22, except for one essential difference: I'm about to eat my hand.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Not any little bear, TEDDIURSA himself haha

With that yellow circles and that brown skin/fur.
    Reminds, right?

Back