• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Funny/Weird things about Pokemon you used to believe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I thought that if I beat the Chamion then I would be the champion and I'd stay in the League and battle other people like Bug Catcher Joe or something.

I used to believe about the A button thing and I know now that it doesn't work but I still like to do it. I also used to believe in the shouting to wake them up thing. I must have looked really odd. Or normal. Depends.

Years
    i used to tell people that pokemon came out at night (they obviusly do on the game, i'm talkin about real life) to try and make them like pokemon more. one of the people i told it to still believes me, and he is 16! i used to make funny faces and pull tongues at my game when my pokemon was confused, i though it would snap them out of it. i know it doesn't work now but i still do it because its fun.

I thought, in addition to all the catching tricks, that breeding a plusle and a minun gave you a "minusle." I learned after hours of minun eggs that it wouldn't work.

if you don't know, plusle is the evolved form of minun and when you breed two pokemon from the same evolution, the egg hatches to be the first pokemon in the evolution.

Last edited:

doeboy9

This Guy Right Here
    Years
    My friend told me back in the R/B/Y days that after throwing a Pokéball, pressing A-B-A-B repeatedly really fast made the Pokémon easier to catch. I still do that to this day!

Hahahaha I still do that till this day ever since i heard that rumor about blue version

when pokemon first came out I used think that all animals could learn attack if u tried hard enough.....yea I think thats when my dog started to hate me : ( lol

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I use to believe the rumor about using a Rare Candy (I think I'm not entirely sure) on a Dragonite in Ceurlean cave and when you did it the Dragonite's head will turn into a Yoshi's head

:t354:TG

Micro SD

HubbaBubba
    Years
    I had a friend tell me that if you caught a Pokemon on Gold or Silver, named it Celebi, put it in box 14, it would become one.

As for my superstition about catching, when I watched the Pokeball moved, it would escape. When I didn't, I caught it.

Zuckerspatz

Gotta Help 'Em All!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    if you don't know, plusle is the evolved form of minun and when you breed two pokemon from the same evolution, the egg hatches to be the first pokemon in the evolution.
    I'm 99.99999% certain that Plusle and Minun are two completely different Pokemon.

Edit: As for me, I hold the B button whenever I throw a Pokeball.

Guosuto-chan

Identified by SILPH SCOPE
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    Four words:
    Mew under the truck.

Also that there was a TM, I think TM21, called TOMBSTONE. You could use it to break the rocks surrounding Pallet town and get to the grass on the other side and catch the starter Pokemon.

If you look, when you go into Bill's house in Cerulean Cape in R/B the rock face behind his house doesn't "close", as if you can go in it. I'd heard rumors that there was a garden full of Eevees back there, but I don't remember how they said you could get in.

Smooky

You blinked, didn't you?
    Years
    Four words:

If you look, when you go into Bill's house in Cerulean Cape in R/B the rock face behind his house doesn't "close", as if you can go in it. I'd heard rumors that there was a garden full of Eevees back there, but I don't remember how they said you could get in.

I remember seeing a Youtube video about a glitch you can use to get into "Bill's Garden". I don't think anything's there, though. :disappoin

Sloofish

★Cannibal Psycho Soft For Pkmn
    Years
    I had a friend tell me that if you caught a Pokemon on Gold or Silver, named it Celebi, put it in box 14, it would become one.

That's a slightly wrongly said fact. Here, Gold and silver were REALLY glitchy games. Take a look at these::
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIz1RAg25yM
    https://glitchcity.info/docs/celebitrick
    It explains the details, your friend was not wrong. XD

As for me again, I used to believe that Mew and Celebi were attainable Pokemon (Without glitches, cheats, hacks, gamesharks, code errors) and that if you beat the Pokemon league or used a flute on the little shrine in the forest, you'd get Celebi. I also used to believe that if you caught Mew and trained it to level one hundred, it would evolve into Mewtwo.

These, however sadly, are false.

Last edited:

Hallylicious

アラン
    Years
    i used to think that if you made anough pokemon of one species faint they would bcome extinct. I soon learned this wasnt true after hours of killing zubat.

Years
    While trying to catch a pokemon i threw a pokeball, then crossed my fingers then put them on the top corners of the screen, idk why i was 6
    and also while i was confused i used to press a b a b over and over when i was confused hoping to get rid of the confusion lol

Ian758

Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • MN
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    Well, it is kinda weird, i still do it!

I used to and still do, after throwing the pokeball, when it landed, I would press the d pad in the direction the pokeball would be wiggling, so right left right, right at the correct time, I still do it :/

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
    Lol i do the pokeball thing. first i'll try rotating d-pad and repeatedly pressing A and if that doesn't work, then i'll go down a list of button presses (in my head of course XD). It seems to work. usually clockwise+A works every time. And i used to believe in the mew under the truck lol. and i didn't believe the mew glitch til i saw a youtube video and tried it myself o.O (R/B/Y)

Years
    ^I think about everyone does some sort of Pokeball trick. I think people do it, not because it may work, but because it re-assures them. I don't know, just my hunch, haha.

One thing that I think works most of the time is to hold: "B" right when I go to attack when I'm confused. Most of the time, my attack hits, or it gets rid of my confusion. Another old habbit I have is holding "B" whenever I attack, haha. That habbit of mine started back when I first played the Pokemon games. =) Back in the R/B/Y days.

Ayselipera

Back when I played g/s/c I thought that if you released your starter pokemon something really bad would happen... Till one day I got the guts to actually try it.

Years
    ^Haha, I used to have that same thought. I thought something would come on my screen saying: "Can't release starter" Or if I did, I would have to start the whole game over again.

Ayselipera

^Haha, I used to have that same thought. I thought something would come on my screen saying: "Can't release starter" Or if I did, I would have to start the whole game over again.

Hahahah yeah, I was so sure you couldn't release it that when I tried and I lost it I was wicked upset.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back